PDA

View Full Version : My Epcot visit

DrWorm2008
01-09-2008, 09:13 PM
So, I took my "betrothed" to Epcot CENTER on Friday, 01/04, and it was PACKED! :crowd: Soarin was at a 125 standby time, (the Fastpass line was a half-hour wait!!!), we couldn't get a Fastpass for Test Track (they were ALL gone by 12:00), UOE kept going 101, and we waited almost an hour for reservations we made at the San Angel Inn. :ill: But you know what? I had a BLAST! It was Epcot CENTER! :mickey: How could I not have fun??? We
toured the World Showcase, spent too much money in Japan, and had a really good time overall. It was my fiancee's first time in the park, and I wanted to be able to show her more than I did, but we still got to see a lot of cool stuff. :thumbsup: I got some great pictures, and I even saw a few more improvements to Spaceship Earth....there may still be hope yet. :fingers:
Anyway, I can't wait to go back in a few weeks!:mickey:

MushuMulan
01-09-2008, 09:40 PM
I voted Mission Space, although I think I would consider the World Showcase a ride too, so that would be one of my favorites as well.

Unfortunately, Horizons was gone before I ever visited WDW so I never got the chance to experience it, but from what I heard from my mom it was great, that probably would have been a favorite too.

SpectroTrumpeteer
01-09-2008, 10:19 PM
My vote for Imagination was for the original version, not the newer one. It is good, but the original was great.:cool:

Wrigley
01-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I voted for Spaceship Earth; however, World Showcase is my favorite part of Epcot:)

Jobasha3000
01-09-2008, 10:37 PM
MAELSTROM!!!!! I freak out every time we go backwards!!!!

/sarcasm
But what I wouldnt give for a desktop of the wonderfully 80s massive viking painting in the queue area.

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 07:56 AM
I answered SSE with some hesitation. I have not been on this attraction since the rehab and I dearly hope I can still feel justified with my answer.:confused:

jpcns50
01-10-2008, 10:42 AM
I know its a new attraction, but I would have voted Soarin if it was on the list. Since my honeymoon, it is now my #3 attraction in all of WDW (only behind ToT and Ex. Everest).

So my vote went to Mission: Space. I know its extreme, but I love it!!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-10-2008, 10:47 AM
My vote of course would be Soarin' but with that not on the list I was stumped. Iwould have said SSE but I haven't seen the new updates so I could not vote for that. So I went TT since my kids love it!!

kdsjjb
01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I would have voted for Soarin' as well, but my second favorite is actually Living With the Land. It just has the Epcot feel to it for me. Relaxing while having fun and learning a little.

Even DW and the kids like this one. It may be DS10's favorite as well.

DNS
01-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I too would have voted for Soarin' if it had been on the list, but went with Seas/Nemo since that would be my second choice.

threeh
01-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Tough choice!!! I chose The land because when I think of going there in 23 days it gives me the warm fuzzies. I truly could ride that over and over again. I also really like the music loops when they play them on live 365.

Fun topic!!!:thumbsup:

jszczur5
01-10-2008, 06:11 PM
What - no Soarin'? I guess I'll vote for my second favourite - SSE. I loved the Walter Cronkite narration, I loved the Jeremy Irons version, so I'm sure I'll love Dame Judy as well.
Have they put more padding on the seats? The descent has always hurt my bony back.

Jobasha3000
01-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I must say that I'm quite disappointed at the love for maelstrom. poor thing didnt even get a spot on the list.

dteed
01-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Test track because if my dad was still alive he would truly enjoy it especially the que area. every time we go I think how much he would enjoy it.

KAJUNKING
01-10-2008, 08:12 PM
ive got to go with se, even though i havent seen the changes :mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
01-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Most definitely Soarin, even though it isn't on the list. It is so relaxing and just very cool. If I have to pick one on the list, it would be Test Track. It is definitely one of my favorite Disney attractions.

McGoofy
01-10-2008, 09:04 PM
I kept reading the list and was looking for Soarin. That's truly my all time favorite, but since it wasn't there, I voted for my second favorite--Test Track.

IloveDisney71
01-10-2008, 09:17 PM
I voted for Test Track. I love that ride because it's so different from any ride I've ever been on. It was a tough choice though because I also love SE.

DrWorm2008
01-10-2008, 10:22 PM
I must say that I'm quite disappointed at the love for maelstrom. poor thing didnt even get a spot on the list.
I LOVE Maelstrom! :thumbsup:I just didn't have enough room to put everything....in hindsight, I should've left Imagination out because NOBODY likes it! :ack:And you're right....I also totally missed Soarin'- which is an AWESOME ride! Nuts. Sorry.:(

DrWorm2008
01-10-2008, 10:27 PM
I would have voted for Soarin' as well, but my second favorite is actually Living With the Land. It just has the Epcot feel to it for me. Relaxing while having fun and learning a little.

Even DW and the kids like this one. It may be DS10's favorite as well.

TOTALLY AGREE! I personally worked in the Aquacell at the Land, and I loved every minute of it! :mickey: Definitely my second choice.:thumbsup: And the "Behind the Seeds" tour is grrrrreat! :woohoo:

BelleBeauty
01-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm a little nervous about the new version - but Spaceship Earth always mesmorzes me. I could ride over and over and over.

Tink#64
01-11-2008, 12:29 AM
I kept reading the list and was looking for Soarin. That's truly my all time favorite, but since it wasn't there, I voted for my second favorite--Test Track.

:ditto:

Yes! Although I love them all, Soarin is my fav.

Top 3 list would be:

Soarin
Test Track
JIYI

GrmGrninGost
01-11-2008, 11:24 PM
I voted Spaceship Earth, even though I haven't seen the newest edition. I might have changed that to Soarin' if it had been on the list! Either way, they're both great! :mickey:

pook@wdw
01-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Soarin would be my FAVE ! But I'm lovin the Maelstrom (as my DD is a Deadliest Catch fan, Norway is a fave of hers, thanks to Sig Hansen), and MS (whimpy side) would be my next pic. Oh...what am I saying? I LOVE THEM ALL !!:cloud9:

ryca1dreams
01-12-2008, 09:32 PM
What, no Ice Station Cool, no Food Rocks? I know, they're not rides, but still...

Seriously though, I went with SSE and it will always be Jeremy Irons because I thought Walter Cronkite's voice was just too dull.

Shugoondola
01-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Have they put more padding on the seats? The descent has always hurt my bony back.

I was on SE yesterday and there is no padding on the seats. They are pretty much the same except there is now a touch screen in front of you where you plan your future.

:mickey:

DrWorm2008
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
I know....Spaceship Earth is a VERY close second for me. :mickey:Horizons, however, will always have my heart. :sadwave:

dumbo ears
01-14-2008, 05:19 PM
I voted for test track because it was my favorite out of the ones mentioned. My all time favorite is Soarin but I guess its an attraction not a ride.

DrWorm2008
01-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I am truly sorry that I didn't think to include Soarin' in the poll. I don't know what I was thinking. :confused: I agree that it is an AWESOME ride, and #4 on my personal
"Top 10" list, which would be:

1. Horizons :mickey:
2. Spaceship Earth
3. Living With the Land
4. Soarin'
5. Test Track
6. World of Motion :mickey:
7. Universe of Energy (BEFORE Ellen):mickey:
8. Journey Into Imagination (with Dreamfinder, circa 1982):mickey:
9. Mission : Space
10. El Rio De Tiempo (the OLD Mexico ride):mickey:
I guess the "Mickey ears" smiley is my R.I.P. symbol here.

castlelady36
01-15-2008, 03:02 PM
I voted for SE but i may change my mind after riding the update....:mickey:

Hull-onian
01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
I voted for Spaceship earth. That is where my "betrothed" took me on our first visit to EPCOT. That was 22 years ago. Congrats Dr. Worm on your upcoming wedding.

Duchess99
01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
I chose Horizons...my all time Fav!
But my 2nd fav is Journey Into Imagination before any of the rehabs...that should be added to the list :)

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Soarin!!!

DrWorm2008
01-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I voted for Spaceship earth. That is where my "betrothed" took me on our first visit to EPCOT. That was 22 years ago. Congrats Dr. Worm on your upcoming wedding.

Thanks!:mickey: SE is definitely a GREAT place to start!:thumbsup:

Belle_0717
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I voted for Horizons. But here are my 10 faves - in no particular order.

- Horizons
- Kitchen Kabaret
- Food Rocks
- World of Motion
- SSE - Walter Cronkite version
- Journey Into Imagination w/Dreamfinder and Figment
- Soarin'
- Body Wars
- Test Track
- Ice Station Cool - the ORIGINAL

jaredkari
01-16-2008, 04:07 PM
I vote too for Spaceship Earth. It is a classic. I mean it is in the ball, the symbol of EPCOT, and it kind of sums up everything EPCOT stands for, in a way. But a close second for me is Mission Space. It is not a classic but I am kind of a space nerd and the whole simulation of a launch and everything is really cool :mickey:

DrWorm2008
01-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I voted for Horizons. But here are my 10 faves - in no particular order.

- Horizons
- Kitchen Kabaret
- Food Rocks
- World of Motion
- SSE - Walter Cronkite version
- Journey Into Imagination w/Dreamfinder and Figment
- Soarin'
- Body Wars
- Test Track
- Ice Station Cool - the ORIGINAL

Yeah, I voted for Horizons, too. :mickey:Although, like RedheadWriter and I'm sure quite a few of you like to start and end your Epcot experience with Spaceship Earth, Horizons was the ride that put me at ease and, to me, said "Welcome back!".:cloud9: The smell of the oranges, and the IMAX screen with the shuttle launch....I miss it so much....:(

DrWorm2008
01-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I vote too for Spaceship Earth. It is a classic. I mean it is in the ball, the symbol of EPCOT, and it kind of sums up everything EPCOT stands for, in a way. But a close second for me is Mission Space. It is not a classic but I am kind of a space nerd and the whole simulation of a launch and everything is really cool :mickey:
I agree that SSE is definitely an icon, and despite the recent renovations, it is still a must-see!:thumbsup:

linedropper
01-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I have to vote for Soarin! What a ride! Don't know how it did not make the list! My kids ducked everytime the golf ball was hit! I will go vote for something but want you all to know I was voting Soarin!:mickey:

RAIDER
01-17-2008, 04:07 AM
With no Soarin included i went for Test Track :thumbsup:

BritCody
01-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Test Track gets my vote , but if Soarin was on the list it would have taken the vote

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2008, 05:51 AM
:mickey::mickey:Spaceship Earth baby!!

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-19-2008, 06:12 AM
I voted for Seas with Nemo..don't know why but I love the music, the queue, the ride, the whole area! Just makes me feel calm and relaxed :)

I would have voted for SE were it not for the terrible update

Kairi_7378
01-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Voted for Living with the Land... it's DH's favorite. It really sums up the Epcot experience for me.