PDA

View Full Version : Parks in June !

GINNY69
01-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Could anyone tell me how the parks are in June as far as crowds go. We are going the week of June 22nd. Thanks alot..:mjump:

pink
01-09-2008, 07:00 PM
We just went last year during the second week of June. The crowds were more dense that when we usually go in October but it was managable. I don't know about the lines because we use the Guest Assistance pass. The parks stayed open much later so that was great the only downside was the weather. I've never been that hot in my life!

I hope you have a great trip! :mickey:

MushuMulan
01-09-2008, 07:11 PM
I went there during that week in June last year. To me, the crowds seemed fine, they weren't light, but they were definitely pretty managable.

The wait for the attractions wasn't bad either, I rarely saw a ride with a wait time over an hour (only one I think I saw with an hour time was Splash Mountain).

Either way though, we went to EMH and rode rides during the parades, almost no wait a lot of the time.

Speedy1998
01-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Crowds are heavy, but not too bad.

I will warn you about the heat though. It does not bother me, because I live in an area with a similar climate, but coming from Mass. you are not going to do too well.

katzctkpt
01-10-2008, 09:21 AM
We went the very last week of June that tied in with July and it was busy but, managable. We've gone the 3rd week in June a couple yrs ago and it wasn't bad at all. Just be sure to drink plenty of fluids and the main thrill rides be prepared to wait. Splash Mtn was our hugest wait and it was 1 1/2 hrs. but, well worth it.

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
If you aren't from the deep south, it's the heat that's going to be the problem.:thedolls:

jrpersinger
01-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Thats the week we always go now. It probably one of the slower weeks of the summer. Atleast IMO. There was rarely a line thats was more then 45 min. Most things were under 10 min. The only ride that had a long line (over a hour) was Soarin'. I can't tell you how many times we were able to basically walk onto what ever we wanted to ride. There was even times when some of the major attractions FastPass lines were longer then the regular lines.

Now the last part of the trip will get busier. The crowd for the 4th started coming in on the last Sat/Sun. Then the lines started to get a bit longer. But still, very managable.

And yes, the heat is a killer. Make sure to have a little fan, water blower thing, (sorry can't think of what they are called. lol) because they really are a major help.

wdwfansince75
01-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Most of our trips over the years have been late June or early July. Went thrid week of June in 2006, and scheduled to arrive June 20, 2008.

Crowds were never unbearable. FP's, and in extreme situations, Park Hoppers get us away from worst of crowds. Mid-day breaks or cool spots get us away from the worst of the heat.

On most trips, heat has not really gotten us down. We do watch for warning signs, and do get back to room/resort pools on worst of days. Afternoon breaks allow us to take advantage of later hours for that time of year. MK is special after dark.

MK is usually open til 11....2 PM for EMH.....cools down after sunset (or after rains)....Always something to do at MK without a lot of queue time......And lots of places to get out of the heat. Dole Whips are great antidote to heat.

AK can be really bad....really gets hot and humid by noon.....rarely spend full day there because of the heat.

At EPCOT, long walk seems to reduce crowds in WS on hottest of days....but there is always somewhere to beat the heat.....AE is a great nap....live shows are in the shade. And is all else fails, lots of places to get a cold beer! Future World seems to crowd up more, with crowds almost everywhere.....Ride lines not terribly long, except for Soaring, and most are indoors.....I rarely get into outdoor queues, except Spaceship Earth...and then, only if it appears to be less than 20 minutes.

MGM never seems overly crowded, except for Sunset, and the ToT/RnRC area. RnRC is about my favorite, and love ToT and StarTours.....but DW not particularly fond of Studios....usually do parts of 2 days, enough to do the rides at least once, and RnRC at least 2...or 6....times. If we can't get FP's with good times for favorites, we split for EPCOT, by boat.

The heat never spoiled a trip, nor did the crowds. Lots of cold drinks, plenty of shade, and mid-day breaks....and Park Hoppers!

MinnieMommie
01-10-2008, 06:07 PM
We were there last year during the 2nd week in June. Nice weather and not too crowded. :mickey:

DisneyCrazy4444
01-10-2008, 06:12 PM
When i went in june me and my mom declare we never go back it was really crowded

MushuMulan
01-10-2008, 07:59 PM
It won't always neccesarily be hot like everyone is saying, although I'd actually prefer the heat over how the weather was when we visited this previous in June.

Florida was in a drought at the time, it hadn't rained for some time. One day after we get there, we get the bad news, that drought is going to end! For the next few days, on and off, it rained (although there was a day or two of clear weather, and the nice weather in between the rain). Needless to say, my DM and I got drenched during that trip, but we still had fun.

My least memorable experience would have to be when I headed from Port Security (Carribean Beach) towards my room. Fortunately for me (sarcasm), our room was on the other side of the lake, so in the pouring rain and darkness, I made my way towards it. Needless to say, I got lost in the sprawling compound of CB and found myself searching for my room for over 20 minutes. I was drenched and a bit angry when I got back to my room, but I definitely wasn't hot :D.

Anyway, just wanted to point out to be prepared, although it is hot in June, it can also be rainy, and although it really doesn't ruin the experience too much, it's definitely something you should be prepared for.

Have fun :thumbsup:!

Gator
01-10-2008, 08:21 PM
When my wife and I went, it was very, very hot and humid. It was also quite crowded. And the rain was there to greet us about 1-4 hours everyday. Other than that, it is still WDW. And the worst day at WDW is still better than the best day at work. Sounds like a bumper sticker.:mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
01-10-2008, 08:23 PM
I guess I'm spoiled because I have gone in September. I have gone two times in June, and never again. One time though, was for Star Wars weekends. It was packed! We had trouble finding tables at counter service restaurants, and forget about waiting in lines if you didn't have a fast pass. I'm not a person who will wait in a line more than a half hour though. Therefore, it's September for me :secret:

Blizzardjnj
01-10-2008, 09:25 PM
We went June 2005 and I will never go in June again. I can deal with crowd, but I thought I was going to melt in that heat.:fan::flame:

mouse-logic
01-11-2008, 08:57 AM
2005 & 2006 during mid-late june. Hot....yeah. So what, though...you can always cool off --run through the fountains, drink water, use one of those fans, take a mid-day break at the pool. Not a big deal.

Crowds are crowds. The popular rides will aways have some wait (use fastpass). Don't think that time in June is any where near as bad as President's day weekend or Easter.

That being said, you'll probably get a mid-afternoon rain storm for about an hour or so many days. And in 2006 we had a two-day tropical storm -- but no big deal. It's still a blast.

#1donaldfan
01-11-2008, 12:07 PM
We've gone during that time several times and although the crowds are pretty "thick", it's not bad at all. It gets very hot so remember to drink a lot of water and plan a mid day break each day. We normally go back to the room around 1ish and DD#1 and DW nap and DD#2, DS and I go to the pool for an hour or so.....then shower and back to the parks......it's fun and I can't imagine a better place to be........

KylesMom
01-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Last year our scheduled trip was June 9-23, and although we've attended several times in June in the past, we all agreed that it was the single-most crowded June we've experienced - especially later in the trip. We are early risers so we usually get to park at opening, but we found that by early afternoon FPs were running out, standby lines were 60-180 minutes and the most frequent thing we heard at TS restaurants was, "sorry, we're not accepting walk-ups" (thank goodness we had ADRs). We are seasoned Disney travelers & take advantage of FP & early EMH whenever possible - but often we just decided to leave a park if it was crowded & either return to WL for a swim or hop to a different, less crowded park. Don't get me wrong, we love June, but you do need to plan for crowds in this time of high travel at Disney World.

Nascfan
01-12-2008, 11:04 AM
As you can see, we do most of our trips in June. It's warm, it's humid....it's Florida, what would anyone expect? The crowds will build towards the end, but are manageable. Utilize FastPass. Do a lot in the morning and evening, making sure to take a midday break to swim or nap. Yes, adults will need to nap also. I think with some advance planning, you will have a great time when you're going.

EmporerStitch
01-12-2008, 11:39 AM
My family and i went last June and the crowds were busy but not bad.....except for the strollers and ECV's(i got run over 2wice buy strollers and my GF got her foot run over by an ECV). The heat was bad but we eith went back to our rooms around noon or went into airconditioned attractions. Use the EMH evenings. On our fist day AK was open late and it rained just before EMH started so the park was cooled off and not too busy we found that Kali River,Primeval Whirl and Expedition Everest are AWESOME at night. But the nights are just cooler and less busy.:secret:

DisneyGiant
01-12-2008, 12:49 PM
We went last June on your exact day - the 22nd thru the 29th.

It always threatened to rain - but never did until our very last day as we were trying the leave the park. MAJOR DOWNPOUR.

We all had to get our suitcases from the bellmen to change our clothes before Tiffany picked us up to go to the airport.

June was more crowded than our experience in August, or November "Jersey week" but less crowded than April.

We did our usual thing - going early in the morning - and not counting on riding attractions late at night.

MK was open every night at midnight (for the life of me, I don't know why they don't keep Epcot open as late), and extra magic hours were til 3 am!!!!

We went swimming almost every day.

We enjoyed June, but are going back to August this year, as its less points.......