PDA

View Full Version : Couples at DL - any suggestions?

ojeilatan
01-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey everyone! I've been to DL 5 or 6 times, starting when I was very young, and each was with my parents and sister as a great family experience.

Because I cherish the memories so much, I have decided to make my spring break a trip to DL with just my boyfriend and I this year to share it with him. :mickey: He has not been to DL since he was 3, and that's the only time he has been.

I am now asking for your opinion on what would make a great DL experience for a a 19 (me) and 20 year old couple. I know what makes a great family experience, and have a few 'romantic' ideas of things my boyfriend and I could do, but I thought perhaps some of my fellow Intercot-ers had some ideas I hadn't thought of :)

Thank you so much for your input! :number1:

*tinker_belle*
01-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Well i know of one thing that made my trip special with my bf. Towards the end of the night we rode the Storybook Land Canal Boats. We actually got the pleasure of riding just the 2 of us so the ride operator could show us a couple hidden mickeys. But if you can get on at night when its not too crowded, its a precious boat ride and kind of romantic.
Also, try and do a character meal. It's fun, the food is good and the pictures will be priceless. It's also such a happy way to start out the morning if you do breakfast.
HAVE FUN!

Dakota Rose
01-25-2008, 09:52 PM
My hubby and I went when we were dating and he also hadn't been since he was a child.

To me, everything was romantic on that trip. Just walking down Main Street holding hands was romantic.

I surpised him with the Fantasmic dessert and while that wasn't really romantic it was very special.

We bought each other silly hats and hunted for hidden Mickeys.

I think that romance wasn't so much something we did, but it was an overall feeling being in a special place with a special person.

BrookeA6100
01-26-2008, 01:46 AM
My boyfriend and two of our girl friends went down just recently. We broke off from the two of them for a day for just an us day and it was so much fun. We're around your age, just a year younger. My favorite part of the trip was going to Goofy's Kitchen and watching the fireworks at the end of the night- that was my favorite and most romantic part of the trip. But overall- it's just romantic being there and just goofing off. I'm taking him again and we'll be there for Valentine's day, so I'm making a reservation at the Blue Bayou for that day. Plan something as a surprise for him and don't say anything until just before it happens, that way you'll be looking forward to something and he'll probably be excited. Just a few suggestions.