PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining EMH armbands...

cperry92380
01-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Do you HAVE to obtain an armband for EMH if you want to enter the park for EMH.
Example: We're going to be @ MGM for Fantasmic! @ 7p. EMH at MK starts at 8 p. We've got a 3:30 ADR @ HW&V for Fantasmic pkg.
Will we NEED to have an EMH armband to enter MK after 8 or will out Key to the World get us in, even though its after official hours, can we still get in b/c we're resort guests?
If not is there ANY WAY we would be able to finish @ HW&V and get over to MK for armbands and then back to MGM, or is that just too much trouble?
Hope this ins't too confusing... sounds right in my head!!! :unsure:

krose78
01-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Watch fantasmic then go to Magic Kingdom and show they your key and as you enter they will give you wristbands whenever you arrive.

DisFan01
01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can go in, as long as your family has their room key. Then, go and get you EMH wristband first thing.

KAJUNKING
01-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can go in, as long as your family has their room key. Then, go and get you EMH wristband first thing.

im pretty sure this will work :mickey:

cperry92380
01-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks everyone, thats just what I wanted to hear!!!
Didn't really want to spend my time running around like that, but it was starting to look like my only option, since Fantasmic! is down for the majority of our trip, it'll only be back up for our first night and last night... didn't really want to spend my last night @ the World in MGM... rather spend it in Epcot.

DizneyRox
01-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Sadly, it must also be mentioned that you will need to purchase the Park Hopping option for your tickets. YOu're probably OK, but if not, now you know.

Any two parks for any reason on the same day requires park hopping.

cperry92380
01-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Sadly, it must also be mentioned that you will need to purchase the Park Hopping option for your tickets. YOu're probably OK, but if not, now you know.

Any two parks for any reason on the same day requires park hopping.
Thanks for bringing that up. Although we've got hoppers (we're too indecisive!!) its good to throw that out there.
Thanks!!

jszczur5
01-10-2008, 02:11 AM

Different park - same situtaion - worked for us last summer.

Kerry823
01-10-2008, 09:09 AM
You should also be prepared for everyone in your party to show a room key. Last time we were there, we had to have our daughter show her room key as well before they would give her a wrist band. They seem to be pretty firm on that.

rubato
01-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Don't mean to jump in on this thread but, what if you're at Ft. Wilderness campground? You don't have a room key so what do they give you? We plan on doing something similar with dinner at one park and showing up at another after EMH has already started. We have Park Hoppers, so that's not an issue.Thanks.

#1donaldfan
01-10-2008, 12:27 PM
All you need is to show your passes......they'll give the band at that time....just because it starts at 8, doesn't mean there is a cut off time, for resort guests....

katzctkpt
01-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Don't mean to jump in on this thread but, what if you're at Ft. Wilderness campground? You don't have a room key so what do they give you? We plan on doing something similar with dinner at one park and showing up at another after EMH has already started. We have Park Hoppers, so that's not an issue.Thanks.

From my understanding you had to be in the parks before the closing time in order to obtain a wristband. I'd contact guest relations and ask them the question to be certain.

bobpfef
01-10-2008, 04:09 PM
From my understanding you had to be in the parks before the closing time in order to obtain a wristband. I'd contact guest relations and ask them the question to be certain.

No, that isn't correct. We've arrived after the regular closing time and have gotten in just fine

Aggie97
01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
We've entered a park several times after the park's regularly scheduled closing time during evening EMH. They handed out the EMH wristbands as we entered the park. We have done this as late as 90 minutes before EMH ended.

My understanding is that each person is required to show their resort room key card to receive their wristband (as well as have valid park admission). During our past trips, they were inconsistent about this, but last month we were required to provide our room key cards (and APs) for three different EMH evenings. I'm afraid I can't advise as to how this works for Ft. Wilderness guests, though. :mickey:

Donald A
01-13-2008, 03:47 PM
No, that isn't correct. We've arrived after the regular closing time and have gotten in just fine

Yes, I arrived after closing time at Disney Studios last week and they let me in. They just do not let you on any attraction without the wristband. For instance, if you watch Fantasmic at a 7PM closing and want to hang around and spend $ shopping as a non-resort guest Disney doesn't care. Just don't try to get into something like Tower of Terror after closing. They will turn you away. I saw them do it.

Also we went into Magic Kingdom for EMH within 15 minutes of regular closing time and the gate CM directed us to an immediate other line with the wristband hand-out people. There were also CMs standing at the entrances to the different worlds off main street after wishes. Someone checked our wristbands at the entrance to FutureWorld and my brother also saw CMs turn away people at various ride entrances like Buzz LightYear. Once again, I bet if you were spending money on Main Street without a wristband they would let you stay as long as you wanted.

LudwigVonDrake
01-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Once again, I bet if you were spending money on Main Street without a wristband they would let you stay as long as you wanted.

Sure, why not? Disney wants anyone's money :laughing:

pixiesmimi
01-13-2008, 09:55 PM
You don't have to get the bands before the park closes for regular hours, you just can't get them more than one hour before the regular park hours end.

CleveRocks
01-13-2008, 11:07 PM
You don't have to get the bands before the park closes for regular hours, you just can't get them more than one hour before the regular park hours end.
Actually, EMH wristband distribution starts 2 hours before the public closing time.

And I agree with the more recent posts, it's absolutely 100% true that you can enter an evening EMH park after the public closing time. No doubt about it, no need to call Disney.

Actually, you're bound to get more accurate answers RIGHT HERE than you would by calling 407-W-DISNEY. The CMs there are experts in buying tickets and making resort and dining reservations, but there are NOT NOT NOT experts in all things WDW. The calls to that number go to any of a variety of call centers. The people you speak with might be in greater Orlando. But they might also be in Tampa, Kansas City, Texas or Utah. [No, I'm not making this up.] Many have never even been to WDW, and they are not adequately trained to answer all of our esoteric questions. They are experts in what they are trained to do, but beyond that, trust your fellow board members here!:thumbsup:

Carol
01-14-2008, 09:42 AM
You can enter up until the last hour of the "Extra Magic" and get your wristband at the turnstiles. If it begins at 8PM -- as long as you are there by 10PM - you will not have any problems.

From my understanding you had to be in the parks before the closing time in order to obtain a wristband.Not true. You don't even have to of been in that park on that day as long as you have a hopper.

linedropper
01-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Are the EMH times for disney resort guests only?
:mickey:

CleveRocks
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Are the EMH times for disney resort guests only?
:mickey:
Yes, it is a perk of staying at a Disney resort. Each person in your party aged 3 and up needs to present their resort ID (Key to the World card).