PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship Earth

big blue and hairy
01-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Is Spaceship Earth officially open yet? If not, are they doing a lot of "previews"?

:sulley:

MickeyChick
01-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I hope that the soft openings are more open than closed...

Christine
01-09-2008, 12:54 PM
When I was there last week, it was open...even thru EMHs.

disneycouple2004
01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
They were running a soft opening while we were there 12-22 to 12-29...here is the latest info :
Spaceship Earth, presented by Siemens, has been undergoing a number of changes over the last several months. The changes combine the attraction's time-travel adventure into the past with a new finale that provides guests the opportunity to imagine their futures. Each of the ride scenes is being enhanced, and new show scenes will be added to the attraction's story, along with new lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, narration and musical score. Spaceship Earth's makeover is scheduled to be fully completed in early 2008. The official reopening of Spaceship Earth has been changed to February 18. Some folks have ridden as part of the soft opening testing.

jclightchasr
01-09-2008, 01:19 PM
I rode it Jan 31st and waited in the wheelchair entrance line which is indoors. There was a sign posted mentioning it was in preview/soft opening until sometime late Feb which would be the official opening. I believe the date was the 26th but don't quote me.