PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain usually closed in Jan?

bobpfef
01-09-2008, 11:32 AM
We went last year to Disney and Splash Mountain was closed. Oh well, we'll do in next time we go we though, which will be Jan 2009.

Now I see Splash Mountain is closed this Jan as well. Do they usually close it in Jan? Is this because they think it is too cold for a water ride?
If it is really closed for repairs why do they need to do it two years in a row? Should I be expecting it to be closed next Jan as well?

JPL
01-09-2008, 11:51 AM
January is historically a slow time of the year so many ride refurbs take place at this time. I think the weather does play a factor somewhat in the closing of Splash for refurb but they have to do the annual refurb at some time during the year. So doing it after the large Christmas season rush and before the Spring Break Season when crowds are much larger as well as the eather warmer just makes makes sense.

bobpfef
01-09-2008, 01:15 PM
I understand that Jan is a prime time for refubs, but I am wondering if Splash shuts down for rebfubs every Jan (say an annual refub like they do at the water parks) or is it more like the RNRC rebuf where it was down twice in two years, but it wasn't an annual thing.

LilBugsMa
01-09-2008, 03:56 PM
We go in January just about every year, and Splash Mtn. is frequently closed for rehab when we are there....

So much so that we often go to MK when we get there on Friday or Saturday to be sure that we ride it before it closes (we arrive the Friday after New Year's - so, usually it is still open for the end of New Years crowds).

There have been years where it was open - but, as I remember it, it is closed like 2 out of 3 times when we are there.

kaerbear178
01-09-2008, 07:45 PM
I know it was open when we were there in 2005 over MKL weekend.

bobpfef
01-10-2008, 12:13 PM
:thumbsup:

I just have to hope we hit in on one of the open years then.

Gator
01-10-2008, 08:23 PM
In 2004, Splash wasn't technically closed, but there was no water on the final drop as they were painting it.