PDA

View Full Version : snack credits

tink179
01-09-2008, 10:06 AM
My family and I are leaving Sun for the World. We're on the DP, and I am unsure of what all I can use our snack credits for. The link on info central has some things, but I thought I've read on here of people using them for more than just popcorn, fruit, chips, ice cream, and drinks. Can you use them for churros, dole whips, or rice krispie treats? I thought I had this down, but now that we're coming down to the wire, now I'm a little nervous to use this plan. As you can tell it's my first time, and I don't want to mess it up. Any help out there would be awfully appreciated! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2008, 10:11 AM
:mickey: There is an unofficial DDP snack list somewhere in info central...I've looked through it a couple of times and its a good key

bobpfef
01-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Basically anything under $4 can be considered a snack. There are a few exceptions though.

WishingStar2006
01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
The items that qualify as a snack (which seem to have changed for 2008) are CLEARLY MARKED on all of the menu boards and signage with a little purple symbol.

Have a great time!

krose78
01-09-2008, 12:06 PM
The best one we found was at Goofys Candy co in DD the create your own rice krispy treat. I topped it with mini chocolate chips and caramel drizzle. It was so good and huge it took several bites before I even saw rice krispie. we also made pretzel sticks and marshmallows they were great. We also used it on half gallons of milk and boxes ofdonuts under $4 in the hotel gift shop for breakfast.

crazeedizneefinatic
01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
You will be surprised as to what your snack credit will get you. Fruit cups, side salads, fries, chicken nuggets. We even used 2 snack credits for french fries and nuggets at the McDonalds stand in Epcot for my son. Try anything, you will be surprised, it's just not limited to ice cream and drinks. Last September we had 11 snack credits to use up on our last night. Believe it or not we did not use that many since the dining plan alone filled us up. The last night we went to the confectionary on Main Street and used some up. You cannot use the credits for anything that comes in a souvenier container but we were able to bring home some treats that we enjoyed well after our trip was over. You can also use the credits in your resort gift store. Each store has a food section. You can get bags of pretzels, chips, donuts, ect. Rule of thumb is $4 and under. The worst they can do is say no and you pick something else, we found that most CM's were very helpful in trying to help us use up the credits. Don't be nervous, there is nothing to screw up. Have fun!

Polynesian Dweller
01-09-2008, 01:40 PM
The items that qualify as a snack (which seem to have changed for 2008) are CLEARLY MARKED on all of the menu boards and signage with a little purple symbol.

That's the crucial thing, check the sign when you walk up to the snack vendor (cart, counter etc) before you go to buy. Not all snacks at a vendor will be on the DDP, but as others have said, you'll be surprised by the variety when you look around.