PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

rubato
01-09-2008, 09:04 AM
What time does it start? When do people start gathering for it? I'm trying to plan a meal time and want to make my reservation, but I want to make sure we have enough time to finish and get a good spot for the show. It'll be next month, so I don't know if the hours of the park change the time of the show. Also, where's the best place to sit? I don't want to do the Fantasmic package. I would rather sit somewhere outside. Thanks a lot!

Oh, just wanted to add, we'll be there for the EMH, so I don't know if that changes things either!

Figment!
01-09-2008, 09:22 AM
What time does it start?Show times for Fantasmic! can be found in the Current Events (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/events.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central 180 days in advance.

rubato
01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Never mind. I just figured out how to use the calendar on the WDW website. Thanks anyway!:)

ChrisF
01-09-2008, 09:27 AM
If it is the busy season, 1 hour before show.
Check for times on the link below.
http://http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp
I usually sit in the middle about 1/2 way down. The show is so big that sitting right up front is not the best choice for total effect. However at the end when all the characters are passing by on the water it would be nice to be closer. Have fun.

cperry92380
01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't want to do the Fantasmic package. I would rather sit somewhere outside. Thanks a lot!
The Fantasmic pkg is just a 'reserved' seating in the theater area (stadium seating). All of the seating is outside, but with the Fantasmic pkg, you get a voucher (after you've finished your meal) that allows you to enter the theater area through a special entrance not avaliable to the general public w/o the pkg. You just show up at the designated entrance for the pkg deal and they let you in... no standing in line. This is very handy pkg to have during the busier times to avoid standing in line wating for the theater to open. We spent over an hour in line, probably more if I could remember correctly, in June. Hot, sticky, stinky bodies... YUCK!!!:ack: That's a situation I don't ever want to be in again!!!!
The pkgs times for dining can sometimes seem quite early, but they're allowing for sit down time and eating time before the show starts so you're not rushed.
But, if you do decide to go this route and then change your mind, be sure to cance w/in 48 hrs of the pkg time or they'll charge your credit card for a no show.

katzctkpt
01-09-2008, 06:02 PM
We've always been in the summer months and set in the section beside the reserved seating which is on the right side facing the stage area about the 5th row up. But you will get a mist from the show and this time of the year you may not want to be that close. Also, during the summer a good hour to hour and half prior to the show and before you get in line be sure you've been to the restrooms and have a cold drink and munchies to occupy yourself while waiting.