PDA

View Full Version : would you want App or Dessert on DDP?

Crow
01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
now that they eliminated the appetizer i was just wondering what everyone would prefer?
i think i would rather have an app included rather than dessert..
or would you forgo both app & dessert for a cheaper price?

i doubt if i will use the DDP again anyway

Seasonscraps
01-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I like having the dessert included. I enjoy a bite of something sweet after a meal and rarely indulge except for vacations.

Polynesian Dweller
01-08-2008, 09:50 PM
I went with appetizer but probably would have chosen, 'be able to choose appetizer or desert' if that was an option. Generally I want to limit the calories and deserts tend to have a lot more than most appetizers. But at times I'd like to be able to choose a key lime creme brule or Kona chocolate desert so the choice would have been preferrable.

Madame Leona
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I probably shouldn't be responding to this since I've never used the dining plan and don't intend to ever use it but I would like an option. I think it should be a choice of you can have an app or a dessert. I'm a picky eater and if I'm at a restaurant where the desserts don't look good, I would really like something else. I think Disney would still make money in the end if they did this.

SBETigg
01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I would rather have a choice so that some members of my party could get appetizers to split while the rest of us get desserts to split-- the best of both worlds. An appetizer and a dessert for each person really is too much, but if we could share and choose, ideal. What we'll probably do is split an appetizer or two out of pocket when appetizers look too good to miss.

scottgr
01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I picked the the appitizers, but really like a choice of the two...yumm:mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
01-08-2008, 10:51 PM
I really wish you could choose one or the other. Sometimes I prefer an appetizer and sometimes dessert, just depends on where we are dining. It's a complete shame that Disney has decided to choose for us and force us to take the dessert. Not everyone can have sweets and sometimes its nice to have a heathy salad instead of dessert. I really hope they change the plan in the future. I personally would never buy the dining plan, especially now, but we do participate in the free dining, so I guess we cannot complain too much. I guess we could always just skip the dessert or give them away like we did a few times last year. It was always fun to see the smiles it created.

Lacy
01-08-2008, 11:03 PM
I always want dessert especially when I'm on vacation and I have so many delicious options :tasty: However, my favorite dessert at a sit-down restaurant is the banana's foster bread pudding at O'Hana which I assume would still be covered since it is all served family style.

I agree that the option would be nice. But I doubt I will use the DDP again as it is just too much food for me while I'm at the theme parks.

jszczur5
01-09-2008, 01:02 AM
I didn't actually vote, because the most obvious option wasn't listed. I think that you will find the vast majority of people would prefer to have the option of ordering either the appetizer or the dessert. It doesn't seem fair to limit people to one or the other.

Crow
01-09-2008, 07:27 AM
I actually agree w the option of choosing app or dessert. it was too much food for me w both.

BMan62
01-09-2008, 07:57 AM
I said that I would prefer the dessert, but I would like to qualify that by saying that the dessert menu should be stepped up a bit - more offerings, different offerings, etc. Also, they should drop CS desserts altogether as most of them are not really all that good.

The appetizer tends to be too heavy and makes it difficult to thoroughly enjoy the entree at times.

The third option listed - lower the price and drop both appetizer and dessert would be a good idea as well, as long as the price of the plan dropped accordingly (around $5 per day.)

Here we go again...
01-09-2008, 08:32 AM
I always thought it was too much food so I had no problem with losing one or the other. The problem I had was not being able to choose the one I want to lose.
I am trying to eat healthier, so I would rather have a salad or soup appetizer in most places. But, some places have great healthy desserts too. I love the angelfood cake with berries at 50s prime time. Most desserts I will pass on... so, losing the tip AND not having a choice is not a good thing to me.

Taja
01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I didn't vote, as my choice would be the option to select one or the other.

I really didn't care for most of the TS desserts at WDW--most are custard based, which I detest. And bread pudding? Come on! That's just left-over day-old bread with custard!

The few things that weren't custard based always included sauce--which I also detest. Trying to get something served without sauce is next to impossible. The CMs just don't get it--they want to serve what's on the menu and I don't like the menu! *LOL*

bobpfef
01-09-2008, 11:15 AM
The option should be a choice of the two. We often share apps and deserts in our family. We would prefer to be order to order a couple of apps and a couple of deserts and share.

mjaclyn
01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
I definitely agree that guests should get to choose between an appetizer or a dessert. That way, DH and I could get one app and one dessert and share them both!

big blue and hairy
01-09-2008, 11:51 AM
It should definitely be an either or proposition. Not only do people have different preferences as far as dessert or appetizer, it can easily change from restaurant to restaurant. Some restaurants have better appetizers, some have better desserts. Plus the idea of splitting an appetizer and a dessert with two people makes a lot of sense, DW and I do that a lot of times.

:sulley:

MickeyChick
01-09-2008, 12:18 PM
I spoke to a CM recently about the changes in DDP for 2008 and she thought that because so many people complained about it, that Disney is letting people choose between the appetizer and the dessert. Guess I'll find out for sure in two weeks!

Tygger7
01-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I voted for dessert....I have a horrible sweet tooth. :secret:

biodtl
01-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Appetizer, for sure. My family (even the kids) love salads and appetizers and none of us are big dessert eaters. We'd rather grab a Dole whip or Mickey bar in the parks for a sweet fix.

That said, it would be nice to have a choice.

animalkingdomguy
01-09-2008, 03:50 PM
With all the sweet snack available around the park I'm usually sweeted out on Dole whips or Mickey bars. The App is greatly prefered.

IloveDisney71
01-09-2008, 06:02 PM
I voted for dessert because I have a SWEET tooth. I would love for them to offer guests a choice of app. or dessert though. My husband doesn't care for sweets and would prefer an app.
Even though I have a sweet tooth, I could do without the dessert with the counter service since I don't usually eat a large lunch. They could substitute the dessert for an extra snack credit that could be used at a different time.

disneynarula
01-10-2008, 08:14 AM
I have to agree that having a choice would be best but if has to be one or the other I chose the appetizer. I would rather just use the snack credit for dessert. We had so many snack credits left at the end of the week!!!!!

Duchess99
01-10-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm not able to vote for some reason...
I would rather have a choice of appetizer or dessert. DBF and I usually split and appetizer and dessert when we go out to dinner, so the choice would be great! ;)

avantgardeinker
01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I couldn't vote because I would rather have a choice. That way DH could get an appetizer, I could get a dessert and we could share them. That would be the perfect solution to me!!

:mickey:

#1donaldfan
01-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Why not give me a choice which one I want.....some places I would rather have an appetizer and others I like the desserts better.....why can't it just be simple and let my tell the waitress / waiter which I'd like at the start of the meal?????

Kairi_7378
01-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Also, they should drop CS desserts altogether as most of them are not really all that good.

I agree... it's the desserts at the CS places that made it feel like too much food for me, not the app-entree-dessert at the sit down meal.

texasteacher
01-11-2008, 10:52 PM
I went with appetizer but probably would have chosen, 'be able to choose appetizer or desert' if that was an option. Generally I want to limit the calories and deserts tend to have a lot more than most appetizers. But at times I'd like to be able to choose a key lime creme brule or Kona chocolate desert so the choice would have been preferrable.

I went with dessert but agree that I would like to be able to choose between an appetizer or dessert.

Natazu
01-11-2008, 10:59 PM
We were happy getting both. Now that you don't, I'd choose the appetizer to be included since they tend to cost more than desserts. So if I have to buy one, it might as well be the cheaper.

GrmGrninGost
01-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm a dessert type of guy! I usually get full enough off of the entree, but there's always room for a delicious dessert! :mickey:

Donald's Girl
01-11-2008, 11:43 PM
MickeyChick, please let us know if they allow the choice when you get back! If they don't allow the option, we won't bother with DDP next
trip. We both love appetizers and very rarely eat dessert. Since some of the appetizers are so good (escargot in France, shrimp in Canada, yum!) I would want them anyway so it wouldn't be worth it for me to buy the DDP.
Hope Disney realizes the mistake and allows the choice!

jszczur5
01-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Also, they should drop CS desserts altogether as most of them are not really all that good.

In fact some of them are downright disgusting. Case in point - peanut butter brownie mousse at Pecos Bill's. Gross!!

January-2007
01-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I voted neither inlcuded but have the price cheaper.

Ian
01-12-2008, 09:26 AM
I went with appetizer but probably would have chosen, 'be able to choose appetizer or desert' if that was an option.:ditto:

LibertyTreeGal
01-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Appetizer, but I'd have liked to see an option to choose between the two....

lightyearfan
01-12-2008, 09:36 AM
without a doubt apteziers for us, a good desert treat you can anywhere through out the parks
imho

victor

dolphinmickey9170
01-12-2008, 01:46 PM
I voted for dessert. Don't get me wrong, I love appetizers. But, I eat too much and then I don't get to enjoy my yummy meal. If I have room at the end, then I will have my dessert.

dteed
01-12-2008, 03:49 PM
i would rather app than desert, but since the changes i have switched to DDE, not worth it in my eyes anymore