PDA

View Full Version : Here we go Again-Coral Reef or Raglan Road

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
:) Just when I thought I had all my meals planned out, Raglan Road is now on the DDP....what would you pick and why? Coral Reef or Raglan Road? What would you order at Raglan Road?

Here are my definites:
Crystal Palace
Hoop De Doo
Tony's
Bomas
Hollywood and Vine
Kona
Rainforest Cafe
Marrakesh
LeCellier
Biergarten
Wolfgang Puck Express

KAT1811
01-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Coral Reef for one reason, the aquarium. DTD dining just doesn't have the same feel to me. Dining in the parks seems a little more magical to me. Even when it's a burger and fries!!! :blush:

kdsjjb
01-08-2008, 04:48 PM
With kids - Coral Reef. Can't beat the atmosphere, and we really like the food. Our best meal ever was at Coral Reef.

Without kids - Raglan Road. Very busy, very loud pub scene. Good food, but I wouldn't take my kids there, and I'm not sure they would like the menu too much.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2008, 05:09 PM
:) Which would you recommend with a 14 year old?

KAT1811
01-08-2008, 05:19 PM
For a 14 year old Raglan Road my be interesting. The Disney irish pub scene may be fun for a teenager. If there is something that appeals to them on the menu would probably try it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2008, 05:25 PM
:) He's somewhat of a picky eater, however, if he can order a cheeseburger he would be happy...having said that, he is also extremely into our genealogy which is Irish/Scottish...he has an Ireland tshirt and I think he would really like the theming....so if I can find him something to eat, I am leaning toward Raglan...btw, we are shopping at DTD that night and I just didn't want to eat at Planet Hollywood again so that's why I originally planned to eat at Coral Reef before going to DTD.

KAT1811
01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Why not ask the CMs on the dining line if you would be able to get something for your DS. Or you might be able to call RR directly and speak to them. I'd be very surprized if they couldn't help you.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2008, 05:40 PM
That's a good idea, I think I will...I've seen varying menus and some of them have cheeseburgers, some don't....I really want to go to Raglan Road if you couldn't tell already, I'm just wanting feedback to convince my DS and DM....

SBETigg
01-08-2008, 05:59 PM
I would definitely choose Raglan Road. My teens loved it. Here's a review from my August trip (with what we ate).

Raglan Road Review (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115311)

DisneyTeen
01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
I am not a fan of CR. Been there a few times and it hasn't been great. Very slow service.
RR is nice, I like the food. The pub is loud but it add to the feeling of being in an irish pub.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I would definitely choose Raglan Road. My teens loved it. Here's a review from my August trip (with what we ate).

Raglan Road Review (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115311) :mickey: I'm sold!

SurferStitch
01-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Raglan Road was awesome! :thumbsup:

We dined there for the first time in December, and we were so pleasantly surprised.

I had potato crusted Chilean Sea Bass (that night's special), which was cooked perfectly! I'm really picky about my seafood being fully cooked, and even though this piece of fish was very thick, it was fully cooked, and very moist. DH had the Sheperds Pie, which he loved. We both had the beer sampler. Appetizers were delicious (can't remember what DH had), but the fried goat's cheese was incredible. Can't believe I passed up the crab cake, but our server said it was excellent, and he was right!

Desserts were also incredible. I had Dunbrody's Kiss which was heavenly. DH got the bread pudding, which he also loved.

We stuck around for the Irish band that started around 9:00 pm. They were great, as was the Irish dancer they had perform in the middle of the restaurant.

We really loved it here, and can't wait to go back again. We had a blast. It's also not any louder than Cali Grill, so don't think uber-loud pub volumes....it wasn't that bad. The band though...they were pretty loud, but they were excellent!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2008, 11:32 AM
:) I'm definitely sold on the restaurant, now choosing what to order will be a dilemma, because everything sounds good....

DisneyTeen
01-09-2008, 11:35 AM
For food, hard choice, everything is great. For Beer I would try a Toucher (or something like that) and if you like Cider try a Strongbow (Also found in the little stand next to the English pub in epcot)

disneynarula
01-10-2008, 08:10 AM
I can't speak for RR but our meal at the CR was not worth the money. We were on the DDP so the meal was "free" but I would never pay outright for CR. My lobster bisque was the worst I ever had. My pasta was fine but I have made better at home.

I would probably never eat there agan. It was also very very crowded and we were seated about half an hour after our ADR was scheduled. The did not have enough high chairs for us so I had to hold my 11 month old for half the meal. We had requested two high chairs when we made our ADRs.

We had table service meals every day during our seven day trip to WDW and CR was our least favorite.

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Coral Reef was nice and the theme is great especially if you have a table close to the glass wall. But, I have heard too many good things about Raglan Road and my Irish blood is making me choose fish and chips over fish in tanks.

GrmGrninGost
01-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Coral Reef for me! The last couple of trips we've made, the best meals we had were at the Coral Reef! Plus, the atmosphere is fantastic! :mickey:

LandFan
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Hands down, Coral Reef. DH and I were there in November celebrating our anniversary and we got the blackened catfish with monterey jack cheese grits and it was the best meal of the whole week! The girls next to us asked what it was and they got it too and they were amazed!