PDA

View Full Version : Disney Only?

bshaw96
01-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Bump me if this is the wrong board, but just wondered if anyone else on here pretty much limits their family vacations to Disney??? We went for a once in a lifetime :thumbsup: trip in 2000. Have now been going /planning to go every year or so! We do weekend camping trips or beach trips, or maybe head to the mountains for a couple of days in the fall, but as for our "big family vacation" it seems to always head back to Disney. I start looking into other places, but always wind up back at disneyworld.com :secret: Is this a sickness, lol?

Tygger7
01-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Yes, this is a sickness....and I'm afflicted. :mickey: My husband already made the mistake of suggesting that our next vacation (after our May 2008 trip to WDW) be to "somewhere else". :jaw: I nearly started crying :crying: ...and then I suggested a Disney Cruise....and he said Ok!!! Tee hee....yes, still Disney. :joy:

glenpreece
01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Me too. Whether it be a solo trip or with family members or the new hubby, it always ends up being Disney if I am involved. Example we are going to WDW for our "honeymoon" he wanted to go Vegas and after a little chat he agreed that Disney would be more fun. So many people I know always go to the same place or area and then scold me for going to WDW every time. Sorry if I don't want to go to a third world country and give the kids pencils. Or support a communist country. I love my Disney and I love going to the US.

Madame Leona
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
It's our favorite place to go. With two little ones, I can't imagine going anywhere else. When they get older, I may consider going somewhere else. Maybe Disneyland :blush:

NJGIRL
01-08-2008, 04:19 PM
We love Disney and go every other year. On our off years we go other places. I'm not putting any one down but for us there is too much to see in the world to limit all our time in Orlando. My son has been all over the US and other parts of the world and has come to appreciate true travel. Some of the things we have seen have been amazing and each year our list of new things we want to see gets bigger. We have had many once in a lifetime trips and had so much fun I wouldn't trade them for anything.
We do love Disney and that's why we keeping going back but there are too many wonderful things to see in the rest of the world that I don't want to miss out on.

disneymom15
01-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Pretty much the only place we go. Love it there.

laprana
01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
We, too, have become pretty much a Disney-only family! We've talked about going to some other places, but we always end up just wanting to go back to WDW. Maybe one of these days we'll try somewhere new...as long as we can fit in at least a quick Disney trip, too! (I think this is a contagious sickness! :D)

thrillme
01-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I've done a lot of both Disney and Universal these last few years. While I do enjoy Disney a LOT...After this October I'll probably start stepping out a bit more.

2007 we skipped Disney totally. I really kinda miss it but I was excited to go up North and go to Cedar Point, Hershey, Washington DC and Williamsburg VA. I'd really like to do Wash DC and Williamsburg again...Cedar Point was a blast too but I'd prefer to go "off season". And for the first time in my life I got to see a real live "Woodchuck". I didn't even know it was a REAL critter.

This year we're going to go to South Dakota to see my boyfriend's (well...we'll probably be married by then) family. We'll get to see Mt Rushmore and maybe we'll find the lost City of Gold :D

I agree there are many things to experience in this US. Lots of Woodchucks and Beavers to see (Chipmunks too...I LOVE going up North to see the Chipmunks). There's too much I haven't seen to only stick with Disney.

bshaw96
01-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, at least I'm not the only one :thumbsup: Ideally, I would love to do an annual Fall Disney trip and use the summer for other places. That way I'm getting my Disney fix but still stepping out of my box a little. This only came up b/c I was pricing a trip to Atlantis, and when the quote came back, all I could think about was how much that would get us at Disney :tink:

cer
01-08-2008, 06:00 PM
What I like is that at Disney, I know what we are going to do, the transportation is provided and what/where we are going to eat. We camp and go to the beach on long weekend trips, but I love the convenience of knowing that on our "big trips" no matter what we do, when we are at Disney, we will all have a good time.

We have talked about doing the classic road trip to Disneyland and taking in all the sites in New Mexico and of course the Grand Canyon, but right now for our family, flying Southwest to Disney World is the vacation of choice.

Tink#64
01-08-2008, 11:45 PM
When we made our first trip to WDW, I never dreamed that we'd get so hooked on Disney! We talked to so many people on that trip that made their annual pilgrimage to WDW & we couldn't get over it! But before we even left, we were wishing we'd have planned for a longer trip & started talking about the next time! Now we've been 4 times, in 6 years. We took one year off & spent all of our extra money to do a big remodel on our kitchen & then we did Disney 3 years in a row. Last year we all talked & decided that we'd start going to WDW every other year because there are so many other places we want to go. We took DS's (9 & 11) for our first week long trip to the beach & it was wonderful. But now we're all missing Disney so much & we can't wait to get back there this year. I don't know if we can stick with every 2 years for a trip, maybe every 3rd year we could do something besides WDW! :blush:

We do lots of other trips, long weekends here & there, and we also go camping, but for us when it's time to plan the big family vacation, we always first think of WDW! :mickey:

katzctkpt
01-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Sounds about like us. My DH went when he was around 10 and then we went with our 3 children in 2004 thinking it would be a once in lifetime trip. Nope, we've been back every year since and now we are trying to plan for a DEC 2008/Jan 2009 trip. He wants to go today but, I would love to see it at Christmas. I've heard how awesome it is so, I want to experience it. I know it'll be busy but, we are ready and know what we're in for.

vizsla
01-09-2008, 04:11 AM
We pretty much go to WDW for a family vacation every year. It is our favorite place. We do go on a few weekend getaways when we can, but it is hard with DD's gymnastics schedule since her competions are on weekends, and in the off season she is at the gym training on the weekends.

Cinderelley
01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
We visit other places too. I would like to visit each of the 50 states before I die. I just have to fit Disney trips into the schedule too.

pink
01-09-2008, 07:11 PM
We have the same problem! We usually go to Disney once every year and two years ago my family mentioned visting Hershey. Granted it was fun but not as much fun as Disney would have been. I get frustrated when we waste our money on other trips haha. However, we do visit WDW in June and now we are planning on going somewhere with no rides We'll see how that goes! :mickey:

Magic Smiles
01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Bump me if this is the wrong board, but just wondered if anyone else on here pretty much limits their family vacations to Disney??? We went for a once in a lifetime :thumbsup: trip in 2000. Have now been going /planning to go every year or so! We do weekend camping trips or beach trips, or maybe head to the mountains for a couple of days in the fall, but as for our "big family vacation" it seems to always head back to Disney. I start looking into other places, but always wind up back at disneyworld.com :secret: Is this a sickness, lol?

When we were in WDW in Dec 07 my DH said that this was our last vacation in WDW. He had done and seen everything.
Today he phones me up at work and says "Okay, I am ready to go back." Back to where I am thinking. He was looking at Disney pictures on the internet and is now ready to go back. We only got home from our trip 21 Dec 07.
So to answer the question, our vacations have pretty much been limited to WDW. During the summer DS play competitive ball and we have to travel a lot for that. When ball season is over, none of us what to travel anywhere.

mmouse21074
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
We made our first trip to WDW in 1996 when our oldest DD (now 16) was 4. Since then we have NEVER vacationed anywhere else. As of our last trip our twin 7 year old DD's have been 17 times, with their first trip when they were 3 months old. We make at least one trip every year and usually stay at least 10 nights. Although we enjoy the convenience to MK that you have when you stay at CR, our favorite resort is POR. We look forward to Bob Jackson's show at the River Roost Lounge almost as much as the trip itself.

elmjimmlm
01-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Are there other places to go on vacation? When we think vacation, that is the only place we consider...I cant think of a better place to be...We actually had to suggested to our kids that we may try another place this year and I dont think that I have ever seen more unhappy expressions ever from them...I just cant go anywhere else...

LCPZA
01-11-2008, 06:59 PM
I have the Disney BUg:ill:
My DH wanted us to go some other place other than Disney:confused: so we did in August and I hated our trip(10day Cruise)
Anyway we go on little mimi vacations. Day trips and weekend trips. However Disney is not vacation to me. I look at it as checking in on my other home. I am happy at DISNEY:cloud9: