PDA

View Full Version : renting points from DVC

bkahrens
01-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I saw a tip about renting points and it seems like a great deal. DO people do it very often and if so has it been a good experience?

DVC Mike
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Renting points is a great way to get fantastic accomodations at a huge discount.

However, please be sure and educate yourself on how a DVC reservation is very different from a regular hotel reservation, and the basics of “renting points”, as it is often referred to.

See:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122549 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122549)

Here we go again...
01-09-2008, 08:45 PM
If you rent points it is a good idea to know the person. Since they "own" the reservation even though it is in your name, they could make changes without you knowing.
I rented points to a friend for our upcoming trip. It works out well for her because she got a deluxe room for about $100 a night.
I don't think I would rent that low to just anyone, but even if I had charged her more it would have been a great deal for her.

J.T.Toad
01-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I agree with DVC Mike

Renting points from a DVC member is a great way to stay in a Deluxe Resort for a fraction of the Price. You can stay in a Studio at the Boardwalk Villa Sunday though Thursday for $99.00 a night in Adventure and Choice Season and $121.00 a night in Dream and Magic Season. These prices reflect renting your points for $11.00 per point which is about the average price and there are no taxes. A studio includes a microwave, refrigerator and a coffee pot. The closest thing you could get to this price would be a room at POP during value season at $92.25.

I don’t agree with Here we go again, I don’t think you need to know the person you are renting from. Renting points do not come without risks. Renting points are done every day. I have rented my points, purchased points and transferred points, and never have I had a problem. Not to say that there haven’t been problems. Theirs Criminals out there trying to take your money, You can find them everywhere, Contractors, Real Estate agents, Attorneys, On Ebay, You do need to do your homework..

If you have any questions or tips I would be more than happy to help

JT

Goofster
01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
It's a great deal. We're renting points to stay at SSR for our upcoming trip. I rented them for about $9 a point. We did the same thing in 2006 when we stayed at the VWL. It's a great deal if you educate yourself about the process and take the necessary precautions.

Here we go again...
01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I don’t agree with Here we go again, I don’t think you need to know the person you are renting from. Renting points do not come without risks. Renting points are done every day.
JT

I did not mean that they HAVE to know the person, just that it is a good idea. I know someone that rented points and got to Disney World and had no reservation... that was enough to scare me.
Call me paranoid... I just hated to listen to my friend cry over staying in a roach motel because that was all they could find when they were there.

I do not think I would rent from Ebay, although I am sure many people have had great luck.

Does the Timeshare store deal with rentals?

disneyjo-91
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I wanted to rent some points .. however, I have no idea where to rent them from.. Can anyone help me out on this?

thanks!