PDA

View Full Version : Most Romantic Restaurant in WDW ?

Mackflava99
01-08-2008, 03:04 PM
:confused:I have a friend looking for the most romantic restaurant for their stay at WDW-
On their last night, they want to pick a really romantic place

So i am asking the crowd- for two newlyweds, where would you send them ?

Tygger7
01-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Hmmmm....I'd have to say California Grill. Have them make late dinner reservations, and then they can watch Wishes from the restaurant. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
:blush: The most romantic and the most expensive would be Victoria and Albert's....if its a honeymoom, maybe its worth the cost.

KAT1811
01-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I agree with the California Grill recommendation. The view of WDW is tremendous, as is the food, wine, and service. I would also agree on making a late ADR, the fireworks must be amazing from there. When we were there we had the most amazing lightning storm overhead. With all of the windows the view was unparalleled. We had a large party and were seating in a semi-private dining room over on the far side of the restaurant. Depending on what they enjoy they may want to request such an area. DH and I like to be in the thick of it with everyone.

Depending on where they are staying they may want to look into the private dining options. I know that the GF offers it as well as many of the other deluxe resorts.

TexasPrincessAurora
01-08-2008, 04:48 PM
If they are foodies and don't mind the expense, I would definitely say Victoria and Albert's. It's an experience not to be missed.

On a less expensive note I'd recommend either Narcossee's or Artist Point. Both incredibly romantic with great service. You can make a reservation at Narcossee's to coincide with Wishes and the Electrical Water Pagent and watch them from your table.

diz_girl
01-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Ditto on Narcoossee's. We had a lovely dinner, which coincided with WIshes and the EWP.

jclightchasr
01-09-2008, 08:18 PM
OK all previously places mentioned are romantically Posh in atmosphere. I would personally choose San Angel in Mexico because of its type of atmosphere over others. No matter what time of day it is inside it is always sunset with clear skies. You sit by a river as boats go by, there is soft music, your view is a myan pyramid with an erupting volcano in the background and all tables are candlelit. Oh and did i mention you have to walk through a mexican market at twilight to get there. The whole pavilion is breathtaking. Just my preference. JC.

KAT1811
01-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I would personally choose San Angel in Mexico because of its type of atmosphere over others. No matter what time of day it is inside it is always sunset with clear skies. You sit by a river as boats go by, there is soft music, your view is a myan pyramid with an erupting volcano in the background and all tables are candlelit. Oh and did i mention you have to walk through a mexican market at twilight to get there. The whole pavilion is breathtaking. Just my preference. JC.

San Angel is my favorite eatery on property. I know there are quite a few people who donot care for it but I feel the exact same way you do!!! I thought that I was one of the only ones who found the restaurant romantic and magical.

SurferStitch
01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
If they are foodies and don't mind the expense, I would definitely say Victoria and Albert's. It's an experience not to be missed.

On a less expensive note I'd recommend either Narcossee's or Artist Point. Both incredibly romantic with great service. You can make a reservation at Narcossee's to coincide with Wishes and the Electrical Water Pagent and watch them from your table.

I'll ditto this. Narcoossee's is our favorite restaurant on site (other than V&A), and is very romantic and relaxed. Food and service are amazing every single time we dine there, and we visit it every time we are in WDW. In fact, in May we will be dining there twice!

Can't comment on Artist Point....never dined there, but friends of ours who have said it's wonderful.

If they don't mind the cost, though....V&A is the way to go. It's the ultimate in fine dining. Service is impeccable, and the food and wine will put them on cloud 9. While the atmosphere is sophisticated and extremely upscale, you can still be very comfortable and relaxed. The servers are very friendly and knowledgeable, and they are always ready and willing to help with any questions you may have (no matter how silly you may think they are).

Sometimes in life, you have to live a little and splurge. V&A is a truly incredible experience to be enjoyed and savored. :thumbsup:

Oh, and the ladies get a long stemmed red rose to take with them. Your menus are personalized for you to keep. We also got some delicious orange date bread to take with us (complimentary). We are usually given some sort of dessert to take with us, so that's always a nice little surprise.

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Victoria and Alberts or California Grill with Wishes Fireworks

ibrowse17
01-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Another vote for Narccoosse's and/or Artist Point:thumbsup:

LandFan
01-13-2008, 10:00 PM
We recently celebrated our 6th anniversary at Coral Reef and found it to be wonderful! The aquarium atmosphere is soothing and low-key. The servers were wonderful and the food was fabulous!!

c&d
01-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Victoria and Albert's or Artists Point, window table.

Mackflava99
01-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks so much- they are making their ADRs soon so this has given them some great advice to make a decision-

thanks again!!

Natazu
01-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Victoria & Albert's.

Polynesian Dweller
01-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Another vote here for Narcoosee's. Although the Cali is a great restaurant, from a romantic point of view, Narcoossee's being on the water with a nice walk in and its atmosphere beats out Cali.

WriteDisney
01-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I agree with the other posts about a nice dinner at San Angel Inn or Victoria and Alberts. I would throw in Le Cellier as well. The food is fantastic and the cellar is quite cozy. I haven't tried it, but I heard the wine list is fantastic as well. :mickey:

DisneyTeen
01-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Narcossee's. The grounds are very nice to take a walk before dinner. The hotel is also a great place to people watch as you wait. There is a very nice bar and every seat pretty much has a view great view. At night, you can watch the castle change colors. I would make sure that you can plan to have dinner around wishes and watch it from the deck outside or your table. The food and service is great. I can't wait to go back here.

pox24
01-15-2008, 02:55 PM
No Contest... Victoria and Albert's:thumbsup:

LoriMistress
01-15-2008, 08:23 PM
DH and I were at WDW on 12/8to 12/19. Here's the restaurants we ate at that we thought were romantic (and good):

Le Cellier
Concourse Steakhouse
Coral Reef
Artist Point
Marrakesh

Gator
01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
I disagree with anyone that said San Angel. It's never romantic to eat bland or nasty food in any nice setting. I'll have to go with Le Cellier - very nice setting with the best food on property.