PDA

View Full Version : Place to stay with indoor pool

juliem1969
01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
If anyone can suggest a place with an indoor pool, and rooms big enough for 2 adults and 3 (older) kids that would be great. I would like it to be close to Epcot or Universal. Thank you.

jenfriend
01-09-2008, 10:06 PM
The only place that is sort of indoor is the Holiday Inn Nickelodeon Hotel with a retractable roof.

Most hotels have outdoor heated pools, but make sure your hotel has heated pool is you go at a cooler time of year & that the heat will be on.

WishingStar2006
01-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Embassy Suite's has a SMALL portion of their pool that is "indoor". I

TammiMcMan
01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
You may want to seriously consider a rental home if you aren't staying onsite. Most of them seem to have the enclosed lanai which offers a roof over the pool and for a few extra dollars, you can have the pool heated. I'm guessing that you are planning on vacationing in colder months.

There's a link of the left hand side of this page for the All Star Vacation homes. You may want to take a look through them and get an idea of what they offer. With 3 older kids, you'd most likely get extra bedrooms, extra bathrooms, extra tv's, full kitchen for late night snacks, all for close to what you'd pay at an upscale hotel. We've done rental homes in the past and I think they're a great option.

Nurse Kim
01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
We have rented a home offsite with a private pool/spa that is heated. As mentioned in an earlier post there is a cover over the pool. We are very excited we went with this option because it's only a few miles from Disney but far enough away to relax. If you would like some links IM me and I can give you some

luvourtwo
01-17-2008, 11:12 PM
I was not successful in finding a hotel near WDW with an indoor pool. However, we stayed at Comfort Inn and Suites Maingate in Kissimmee (by Old Town) and were absolutely thrilled. The pool was beautiful. The night our children went swimming, it was about 70+ degrees and windy. The pool felt very warm, much warmer than the Polynesian did later in the week. This hotel had very clean rooms, a nice breakfast, and fairly decent food at the Pool Bar. I did ALOT of research, and this hotel got great reviews. The desk staff was very nice at check-in. We paid about $65 for our one night stay before our visit to WDW resort. Old Town looked to be entertaining, although we did not visit. With different suite options and sofa beds, maybe this hotel could accomodate your party. Good luck.

MNNHFLTX
01-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Enclosed pools in Florida (at least central and southern Florida) are a pretty rare thing. I couldn't think of any in Orlando off the top of my head, but a search online brought up the Enclave Suites hotel. Their website states they have two outdoor pools and one heated indoor pool. And they're located close to the theme park area.

Lots of rental houses around the Disney World area have screen-enclosed pools to keep debris out of the pool (and mosquitos away), but they offer little protection from cold and rain. As mentioned previously though, if you pay a little extra to heat the pool during your stay you would probably still find it fairly comfortable to swim in on all but the chilliest days. And, of course, the outdoor hotel pools down there are all heated. :)

Hull-onian
01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
:welcome: to Intercot Julie.:mickey: