PDA

View Full Version : Just received an invite - Mom's panel (merged)

dolphinmickey9170
01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
to this:

a Walt Disney World® “Moms Club.” The name is still to be determined –

has anyone else received this invitation? I am going to reply immediately. I'll keep you all informed as to what happens. If anyone else gets one, let's hear from you.

mizzoumouse
01-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I also just received an email!!! How cool!!! I replied instantly!!
Dawn :mickey:

krose78
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
i got it too but it wouldn't let me vote on a name.

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
I got it too! I updated my profile, but I couldn't vote on a name either.

crazeedizneefinatic
01-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I received one too. I don't need to update my profile but could not vote on a name, it would not let me click on anything. I wonder what the welcome kit contains?????

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure I get it. What do you think this is? Just something we receive and read, or do you think we are actually doing something?

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I updated my profile, and it had said I only visited WDW 3 times!!!!! Way off! I wonder if the panel looked at that when they were making decisions and thought I had barely ever been there! Yikes!

disneymom15
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Can someone explain this a little deeper. I'm confused as to what's going on. I can't check my e-mail until I get home (problem with e-mail at work).

disneyfan328
01-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I received one as well and was able to vote with no problem. there is a submit button right below the choices in the email. I wonder if this is sosmething that the other 9,900 of us are getting that didn't get chosen to be on the actual mom's panel or if again it is only a select few of us? It sounds like we will be involved in giving in put and taking survey's ect. who knows. I guess we'll find out when we get our welcome kit!!! Keep us all posted.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah, thats the thing I wonder too, if its for the 9,900 rest of us or just a few!!! My thoughts exactly!

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I just peeked on those "other boards" and noticed they have started a long list of people who have received the email! Our club is a big one!

elmjimmlm
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I just received my email too...I couldnt vote either... I hope that with this just maybe I could be included in the mailings for discounts to the parks...What name do you like the best?
I like Disney Parks Moms...

krose78
01-08-2008, 02:49 PM
It doesn't seem like much all they said was they were going to send out newsletters and you take surveys. I guess we have to wait until spring to really find out.

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I liked Mickey Moms Club.

prprincess
01-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh boy! I can't wait until I get home to access my email account there. I hope that I got one!!!

DisneyWhirled
01-08-2008, 03:23 PM
I got an e-mail as well. They probably e-mailed all those individuals that submitted for the Mom's Panel.

missbunny
01-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I got mine too. It made my day. I don't care if its going to be a large club. Right now I needed a little Disney Magic and there in my inbox was a letter asking me to be a part of a Disney club. YES! YES! YES! I think I said yes. lol
The name doesn't matter too much to me though I kinda of like Momketeers. I was able to vote and now I am a Momketeer. Yeah me! :number1:
I know I sound silly but when I was able to tell my not soon enough to be ex husband about it, it felt good. I am going to "work" with Disney and he isn't. NAH NAH! I know, very childish but it made me feel good. I hope he tells his girlfriend, the she-wolf. So what if she is going down at the end of the month, I will be a part of another Disney group. So there. Its the little things in life that make it worth it.

Congrats to all involved. It will be great being a part of our Magical Place together. We all already know how to be helpful to each other here, now we can spread the Magic even further.

pixiesmimi
01-08-2008, 03:31 PM
I just got my email. I didn't have any problem updating my profile or voting in the email for the name. I chose Main Street Moms. I really wasn't fond of any of them. You hit a submit button in the email after clicking on the choice of names and get a page that says Thank you for updating your profile. I hope it took everything. Most of my profile was current except it didn't have info on last time we went or any of that stuff for some reason. I don't think they keep these things updated very well. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to it. Also, it says it will tell you how to help get others signed up for it so I guess they are just sending this out first to those of us who applied. If your links don't work, email them at the address at the bottom and tell them so, so you will get your kit.

pixiesmimi
01-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Those of you who got chosen for the panel, send us your names so we can compare with your pictures. :) We want to know who we are talking to. :mickey:

kakn7294
01-08-2008, 03:39 PM
I didn't get one and I submitted an entry for the Mom's Panel contest - however, I didn't get my "thanks but no thanks" e-mail about that until days after everyone else had. You'll have to let us know what this is all about!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I got one too. :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
The name doesn't matter too much to me though I kinda of like Momketeers. I was able to vote and now I am a Momketeer. Yeah me! :number1:

I voted for the same name. I thought it was kind of cute.:mickey:

BrerGnat
01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I got the email too. I like "Disney Parks Moms" the most, although I think all the names are kind of lame.

I'm sure this is being sent out to everyone who didn't make the final cut to the moms panel.

By the way, has anyone checked out the official discussion panel yet? I did this morning, and honestly, I don't like the format. I don't like that your question may or may NOT be addressed. Somehow, I envisioned a more interactive format, like the one here. :)

I also noticed that EVERY answer is strategically linked to information about character meals, recreation, after hours parties and other things that Disney hopes you will spend your money on. It seems more like advertising than actually existing to HELP people plan...

frakers
01-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Got our email too. I voted with no problems also for Momketeers. Curious about that Welcome Kit, guess we'll see what comes! :thumbsup:

prprincess
01-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I got one too, yay!

I got the email too. I like "Disney Parks Moms" the most, although I think all the names are kind of lame.

I'm sure this is being sent out to everyone who didn't make the final cut to the moms panel.

By the way, has anyone checked out the official discussion panel yet? I did this morning, and honestly, I don't like the format. I don't like that your question may or may NOT be addressed. Somehow, I envisioned a more interactive format, like the one here. :)

I also noticed that EVERY answer is strategically linked to information about character meals, recreation, after hours parties and other things that Disney hopes you will spend your money on. It seems more like advertising than actually existing to HELP people plan...I agree. I didn't really like any of the names, and picked the one I thought was just okay.

And same with the forum formats. I thought they'd be more like a message board as well. Maybe someone over there will read this and provide them with our feedback.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I applied for the panel but didn't get an email... sadness.

PrincessEmmasMommy
01-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I got it too! I was very excited this afternoon! Can't wait to see the welcom pack!
Jen

katzctkpt
01-08-2008, 11:55 PM
I'd gotten mine earlier today. I just voted had no problem. Whomever picked the 4 names really needed some help. I didn't care for any of them. Anyway I chose Disney Momketeers it sounded better than the other 3. I still need to check out the site.

pixiesmimi
01-09-2008, 12:03 AM

I also noticed that EVERY answer is strategically linked to information about character meals, recreation, after hours parties and other things that Disney hopes you will spend your money on. It seems more like advertising than actually existing to HELP people plan...

It looked to me like CM's were just posing questions to them to answer to see how well they did. (Notice in the signature blocks the questions were from Cast Members from all over). I agree that it just looked like an advertisement. Maybe the questions will get better later. Also, maybe some of the people chosen can post here and tell us how the questions are coming in. I haven't had time to look at them all but did look at some. The videos were good.:thumbsup: Can't wait to see what is in the kit.

LottaLubes
01-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Hello: I read a post from a couple of the Disney MOMs. They said that the intent of the email was to email to all 10,000 applicants for the MOMs panel.

They also indicated the Inbox was "hopping" so they are getting very good response so far.

Please note that anyone can ask a question, so if you don't like the questions out there, submit one!

I think they are doing a great job so far. I think this panel will take a lot more time than they anticipated though. And I also wish it was more of an interactive site; maybe that is in store for phase 2?

Also, if you see a "Michael" as a new entry for the MOMs, that is a computer glitch. He is actually one of the administrators for the site and they will be correcting that soon.

murphy1
01-09-2008, 07:42 AM
I got one, too. I like Disney Park moms, that sounds great whoever said that, I chose Main Street Moms (probably b/c I know Main Street Jim and like him, although now he's TL Jim). They really need to fix their computer system, it's hard to get in there and they don't have me current, as someone else said. I like the panelists they picked, was glad to see FL and GA in there, too :) I will definitely tell people to look over there.

Jenemmy
01-09-2008, 08:36 AM
It was nice to get something. I went with Main Street Moms 'cause there is no place I would rather be than Main Street USA. And HEY -- I will be there next week -- YIPEEEE :mickey:

McGoofy
01-09-2008, 08:44 AM
I got mine yesterday too. I also could not vote at home. However, I tried again when I went to work last night, and it went through to the "thank you for your submission" message. None of the names struck me as fun, creative Disney mom's club names, but I voted for Momketeers. Maybe I am missing something, but when I checked out the Mom's Panel, it wasn't at all what I thought it would be. I thought it would be more discussion board format like it is here at Intercot. I thought all of the panelists would contribute to the answers, but it appeared that each question is answered only by one panelist. Personally, I would rather have the opinions of many people. I know here at Intercot when I have had a question, I can get several answers that are all very good advice but would have missed out on some of that knowledge if only one person could answer my question. At any rate, the Mom's Panel is brand spanking new, and I'm sure there will be trial and error and the ole "learn as you go" methods. I still think it would be quite an honor to be on that panel!:mickey:

biodtl
01-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I applied for the panel but didn't get an email... sadness.
Me too - I'm bummed.

kakn7294
01-09-2008, 06:38 PM
To all you boys and girls who didn't get your e-mail, take heart. I just got mine today about 6pm. Yours should be coming too!

tinksmom02
01-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Just got mine tonight--woo-hoo! Wonder what's in the welcome kit?? :mickey:

I voted, too...but I forgot which one I voted for LOL

elmjimmlm
01-10-2008, 08:06 PM
http://registration.disneyworld.com/P/v3/Microsite.asp?E=633;139498;275015521;10;02&R=T1_ONL&A=1007

Here is the link that was sent to me today...It will allow you to vote...This is for those that were not able to vote on the previous email yesterday for the name of the Disney Moms Panel...

tennantsrwe
01-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi.
So I sent in my application for the Disney Mom's Panel...like a ton of other fellow Intercotees! I wasn't picked but did recieve an email earlier this week saying the response was so overwhelming that Disney has felt the need to invite me (and I assume many, many others) to join a different type of mom club. I had to update my profile on their website and it said they'd be sending out a welcome pack. this Spring. Anyone else got this email? I think it could be need to still be able to provide feedback, etc. even though I'm not an official Mom's Panel member. :mickey:

Jillirose
01-11-2008, 09:28 AM
I didn't get the email. How did you register?

5fromabove
01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I got the email as well, but I assumed it meant they were inviting us to joing the Mom's group that they just formed...as additional "members" (like on here). I don't think there will be an additional group, but I could be wrong.

SBETigg
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Yes, I got it, too. I was under the impression that everyone who applied was invited to this extra mom's club, which I suspect will just be a way to keep the rest of us interested and informed in what the Mom's Panel is up to, but it was a nice gesture.

McGoofy
01-11-2008, 12:32 PM
It sounds like it's just surveys to take, but I'm wondering what the gift will be??:D

just2mickey
01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone! I have not posted here in forever. Feels great to be back. I did not get on the Walt Disney Mom's Panel but I did receive an e-mail from Disney asking if I would like to participate in another club (name yet to be decided) and help to create a web page and newsletter full of tips and such for those planning to go. Of course, I said YES! They are going to mail something to me in the Spring along with a welcome package. Has anyone out there gotten this as well? I am excited and curious as well.:party:

adoptionislove
01-15-2008, 02:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That is wonderful news!!!

biodtl
01-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, I never did get and invitation, so I guess they aren't inviting everyone who applied for the moms panel...

just2mickey
01-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, I never did get and invitation, so I guess they aren't inviting everyone who applied for the moms panel...

Hmmmm. I went back to re-read it. I took it to mean that many people would be invited. It asked me to vote on a name for the club (Mickey Mom's Club, Mainstreet Moms) It said that other people who were selected would recieve more info in the mail. Nevertheless, I hope you get an invite regardless. :)

Jeri Lynn
04-14-2008, 11:28 AM
I also got a package in the mail today from Mickey's Moms Club. The postman delivered it right to my door because he said he wanted to hand deliver that special envelope! LOL!!

I was surpised, I was not expecting anything at all!!

SBETigg
04-14-2008, 01:25 PM
I also got a package in the mail today from Mickey's Moms Club. The postman delivered it right to my door because he said he wanted to hand deliver that special envelope! LOL!!

I was surpised, I was not expecting anything at all!!

It's a pretty nice package. I loved getting it. My car broke down this morning, so it was a nice extra to put the smile back on my face.

Mickey91
04-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey guys! I just got the welcome package!! :mickey::mickey: I hadn't received the email with an invitation. I wonder if maybe it just didn't come through. I have a lot of people that try to email me and can't get their email through. Anyway, it is an awesome package!!!! I am so excited!:mickey: Now if they would just realize their error and put me on the panel, all would be right with the world!:D

McGoofy
04-14-2008, 03:10 PM
:clappy::mjump::minnie::donald::tigger::goofy:

I got my Mom's Club package in the mail today! Way more than I ever expected...stickers, mouse pad, car magnet, two trading pins...I'm using my mouse pad right now! Too cool!!:mickey: