PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at Crystal Palace

madone
01-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Ok--we leave in 10 days and I'm wondering how we get into the MK for our breakfast at the Crystal Palace since it is before the park opens? Do I just show them my reservation number? Probably a stupid question but this is our first time with ADR. Thanks!

Melissa

MMouse6937
01-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Not a stupid question! :D

When you arrive at the gates I think you will go to the right and there will be a cast member that you can talk to. Tell them you have an ADR, they will probably need the last name (bring your confirmation # just in case) and they will let you in the park to head to Crystal Palace for your ADR. Have a great time, take some pictures in the park when you're in there basically by yourself!! :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-08-2008, 01:50 PM
This is one of the coolest things about a morning ADR before the park opens.

Once you're in, and we usually have to give both the name and the conf # (maybe we look like we're trouble), it is great to walk down Main Street on your own.

We have great pics of DD in front of the castle with no one else there at all!

enjoy!

Itchy
01-08-2008, 03:33 PM
When we went there on the opening ADR we got to help open the gate a City Hall using Mickey:mickey: confetti, ( we were right up front by the rope ) and then off to the Crystal Palace for a great breakfast and character interaction.

baby minnie's mommy
01-08-2008, 05:00 PM
There is a separate entrance gate at MK for guests with breakfast ressies. It was to the right of the other entrance gates when we were there. If you can't find it, just ask a castmember. :mickey:

Good advice to take a castle picture, too! Try to do it before you eat - after breakfast the park may already be filling up!

thrillme
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Oky...let me add a question to the question...

How would you get there? To the park I mean...Will the shuttles take you?

ElenitaB
01-08-2008, 07:04 PM
There are special Character Breakfast buses that leave the resorts EARLY! I would suggest getting to the bus stop no later than 7:05 or 7:10, if you have an early ADR (we usually get an ADR for 8:05 at Crystal Palace).

Have fun! :tigger:

Mrs.C
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
We had an 8:25am ADR for CP, we caught the bus at POP at 7:30 and were in the MK by 8:05, we checked in and were seated by 8:15. We really liked being in the park before the rest of the people, and REALLY loved our breakfast at CP!!

DisFan01
01-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Adding another question...

Are any of the rides or shops open before the official park opening?

I seriously doubt it, but just curious... :)

IloveDisney71
01-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I always take our time & reservation number with us in case they ask for it. When we went on Dec. 16th, they didn't ask for anything. They just asked if we had an ADR, we said yes and they let us right in. I didn't notice if any shops were open since we were busy getting pictures made by one of the photopass photographers. Have fun! Our breakfast was great and we got lots of great pictures with the characters.

Tink#64
01-10-2008, 12:10 AM
We've never done an early morning character breakfast & been in the parks before the crowds. What a fantastic idea! We've done the latest seating so we could get to the park at opening & enjoy the major attractions before the crowds & then stopped for what was really our lunch! But this sounds like a great idea for our next trip!

Thanks to all for sharing the fantastic ideas & experiences! :thumbsup:

01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
We've eaten at CP many times but this past year was the first time having breakfast there. We had an 8:05 adr and getting into the park before opening was the highlight of the trip for me. Walking down main street with hardly anyone around and getting pictures in front of the castle with no one in the background was fantastic. There is an entrance to the right for people with adr's and they didn't check our names or confirmation #'s. We just waited in line and were let into the park at 7:45 so we had enough time to take pictures before breakfast. We plan to do this again for future trips.