PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Tokyo Dining?

LauraSAnne
01-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Since the switchover of the restaurant last year, I've been very interested in dining there but the menu confuses me just a tad.

Menus I've seen say "* Indicates buffet item and cost represents total cost of buffet". But the menu does not read as a buffet. Most of the entrees seem to be small portions of sushi for $10 or less...do you order multiple items?

The reason I would like to dine here is because I've always wanted to try REAL sushi. Is this the place to do it? Do any of you have recommendations for what I should get? I'm pretty adventurous with food but I do not like overtly fishy food. The conch and octopus is really tweaking my interest though! Help! :blush:

Crow
01-08-2008, 07:55 PM
i want to try this since the rehab also. before the rehab they had 3 places, of which i tried all 3 and loved the front lounge the best.
hopefully ill be able to try it in Feb.
also, the sushi in CA Grill was the best ive had if you want to try there.

SBETigg
01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I haven't been to Tokyo Dining but if it works like most Sushi spots, you do order multiple items in small portions. If you're new to sushi, you might start with something like a California roll, which is crab in rice with roe as more of a garnish. You usually get enough to share in each portion, so it is good to go with someone else, share, and try new things. After the California roll, bump up to whatever looks interesting.

Tuna and eel are usually good choices. Ask if you don't know what something is. Conch and Octopus may not be a good first time choice, as they have different textures than you may be used to, but don't be afraid, keep an open mind and go for it.