PDA

View Full Version : January Closing/Rehab ?

tennantsrwe
01-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey everyone!
Well we've already got our next trip to WDW booked...ok just the room for now b/c it's so far off...but it's still booked! We just got back from a Dec trip, our second at that time of year, but in 09 we've got plans for early Jan (4-10). I've noticed in the closing and rehabs section that there seem to be a lot more rides & attractions closed during this time of year. Which I assume is somewhat of a 'down time' if there is such a thing for Disney. My question is has anyone gone during that time or year and were you disappointed by the higher # of closings? I know there is no way to predict how much will be closed next Jan...maybe we'll luck up and it won't be too much. I just don't want my girls to get bummed out if a good deal of things aren't up and running? Any opinions? Thanks so much, I appreciate the input!

ThanxForNoticin
01-08-2008, 12:15 PM
You will definitely find some things closed for refurbishing - maybe even an E-ticket attraction or two. But a large majority of the attractions will be operating normally. It's definitely one of the "cons" going that time of year. But on the other hand, the lighter crowds make the trip very enjoyable - so does the lack of extreme heat, lack of extreme humidity, and almost no chance of storms. Have a great trip.

tink179
01-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Each time we go to DW we go in Jan. There are always a few refurb. In the past we've had small world, kali river, and the last 2 years we've had splash mtn closed on us. It's mostly rides that aren't main ones for people it seems like. Still worth going in Jan for though! Can't beat the crowds, and the weather is alright as well! :mickey: