PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Viewing Pleasure(s)

ncscgirl2005
01-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I have to admit that I have several reality shows that would make my grandmother roll over in her grave if she knew what I was watching :secret:. Luckily all the shows come on after the kids have gone to bed :blush:
Most of these shows are the new ones that will premiere on VH1--can't wait for them.

Here's my list:

1. The Hills- (love, love, love Lauren!)
2. The Bad Girls Club
3. I Love New York 2
4. Scott Baio-46 & Pregnant
5. Rock of Love 2
6. Flavor of Love 3
7. Celebrity Rehab
8. My Fair Brady 3 (? is this the third one)
9. Sweet Sixteen (I was sixteen many years ago but never got anything as sweet as this)
10. The Gauntlet
11. Made
12. True Life
13. The Real Housewives of Orange County

What are your guilty viewing pleasures?

Oh and I should say that I am the most non-confrontational/drama-free person in the world but I do love these shows for some reason. Maybe fill an empty void??? LOL!!!!!

pink
01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
My guilty viewing pleasure are the hills, flavor of love, the gauntlet, the real housewives of orange county, and my all time favorite the girls next door!
:mickey:

ncscgirl2005
01-08-2008, 01:23 PM
My guilty viewing pleasure are the hills, flavor of love, the gauntlet, the real housewives of orange county, and my all time favorite the girls next door!
:mickey:

Oops...I knew I was forgetting one. I love Kendra from the Girls Next Door.

wwgirl
01-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Reality -
Amazing Race
Survivor
Big Brother
Girls Next Door
Workout
Kathy Griffin: My LIfe on the D-List

Other pleasures

Dirty Sexy Money
Pushing Daisies
Desperate Housewives
The L Word

Mackflava99
01-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Nip Tuck
Always sunny in Philadelphia - ( If you have not seen this please do)
South park
Wild Boyz
The Kardashians- even though they are horrible
Dawg the bounty hunter
Run's house
Salt n Pepa
Pimp my ride

I sadly watch " i love NY2" and will watch "flava of love 3"-

ncscgirl2005
01-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Nip Tuck
Always sunny in Philadelphia - ( If you have not seen this please do)
South park
Wild Boyz
The Kardashians- even though they are horrible
Dawg the bounty hunter
Run's house
Salt n Pepa
Pimp my ride

I sadly watch " i love NY2" and will watch "flava of love 3"-

OMG, I totally forgot about Run's House and Salt-n-Peppa too! The Kardashians are Ok but I mostly watch for Chloe...I love her "tell-it-like-it-is" attitude!

I love how you said you "sadly" watch I Love NY2". That's they way i feel most times I am watching any of this! I know it's horrible but I STILL WATCH. Whhhhyyyyyy??????????????

kdbianchini
01-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I love The Girls Next Door! My husband always teases me about this, but I can't help myself!

Jenemmy
01-08-2008, 04:07 PM
I have pretty much become a reality show junkie! Never thought it would happen -- The weirdest part is to this day, I have never seen a single episode of Survivor -- the ORIGINAL reality show.:confused:

thrillme
01-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I have mine too that I can't wait for my "boys" (Future Hubby and son (12)) to go to bed.

I'm a sucker for:

America's Top Model
Project Runway
Medical Mystery (in my next life I want to be as smart as HOUSE)

ncscgirl2005
01-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I have pretty much become a reality show junkie! Never thought it would happen -- The weirdest part is to this day, I have never seen a single episode of Survivor -- the ORIGINAL reality show.:confused:

LOL! I guess we have a lot in common. I have never seen a Survivor episode either.

But I've seen lots episodes of The Real World---The Original Reality Show!!!!

Jenemmy
01-09-2008, 08:46 AM
LOL! I guess we have a lot in common. I have never seen a Survivor episode either.

But I've seen lots episodes of The Real World---The Original Reality Show!!!!

Ahhhh -- I stand corrected! I guess The Real World did come around before Survivor. I just think of Survivor at being the main stream show that really launched the world of reality TV.

For some odd reason....I was never compelled to watch Survivor, though. Any other reality show -- even the lame ones -- I am glued to! SOmething about seeing who wins the competition, I guess...and all the theatrics along the way can be kind of entertaining.

Just saw this morning where they are bringing The Mole back this year. Any of you watch that a few years ago? I thought the celeb versions were a hoot.

Melanie
01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Just saw this morning where they are bringing The Mole back this year. Any of you watch that a few years ago? I thought the celeb versions were a hoot.

They are bringing back The Mole????? I loved that show, but only with Anderson Cooper. Ahmad Rashad ruined the celebrity versions, in my opinion. :unsure:

d_m_n_n
01-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Ohhhh, fun!!!

:secret:
The Real World
The Hills
Laguna Beach (re-runs on The N)/Newport Harbor
The Girls Next Door
E! THS
:secret:

I am so lame! :blush:

DisneyDog
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
No one mentioned my three favorites:

American Idol
Beauty and the Geek
America's Got Talent

Jenemmy
01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
They are bringing back The Mole????? I loved that show, but only with Anderson Cooper. Ahmad Rashad ruined the celebrity versions, in my opinion. :unsure:

Yep -- I am trying to search my brain to remember where I read that yesterday, but so far, no luck! It will probably come to me in the middle of the night. Seems like it has a start date of late spring this year.....Anyway -- I took note because I really enjoyed playing along with that show and trying to figure out who the Mole was.

bleukarma
01-11-2008, 04:48 PM
I believe Cops was the original reality show.

Lets see….

Reality:
Survivor
The Amazing Race
The Celebrity Apprentice
The Biggest Loser
Ghost Hunters
(Dallas/Kansas City/Detroit) SWAT
Cris Angel Mindfreak
How To Look Good Naked
Run’s House

Non-Reality:
Lost (I can’t wait till its back!)
Ugly Betty
How I met your mother
Woman’s Murder Club
Big Shots
Alias(reruns on TNT)
Deal or No Deal

RenDuran
01-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I like most anything VH1 puts out.....including, but not limited to, Rock of Love, I Love New York, Flavor of Love, Strange Love (I think that was the title with Flavor and Bridget).

Survivor has always been a favorite, which is funny because I don't ever remember seeing it advertised and just sort of fell into viewing it.

Anyone remember Paradise Hotel? That was a show that my sister and I loved. It was totally trashy and fun! They only had one season of it and we were so sad when they didn't put another one out!

Tinkerbell627
01-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Series.

I am so cool. :cool:

TheMartellFamily
01-12-2008, 07:41 PM
degrassi
gene simmons family jewles
ghost hunters
girls next door
dawg the bounty hunter
anthony bordain on travel channel
project runway
these are just some of my gulity pleasures when I watche tv

Christine
01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Family Guy :secret: :blush:

d_m_n_n
01-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Anyone remember Paradise Hotel? That was a show that my sister and I loved. It was totally trashy and fun! They only had one season of it and we were so sad when they didn't put another one out!

Actually, this is still on...in fact a new season is starting soon!! I think the channel is Fox Reality (or something like that)...Channel 250 on DirecTv.

RenDuran
01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Actually, this is still on...in fact a new season is starting soon!! I think the channel is Fox Reality (or something like that)...Channel 250 on DirecTv.

I know! I just saw it advertised tonight....starts Feb. 4! Can't wait!:)

Momof2boys
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Girls' Next Door ! !
Snoop Dogg's Fatherhood
Crowned - Mother of all Pagents
Family Jewels

Other shows I watch are pretty normal, even though they are reality - American Idol, Survivor, etc . . .

BriarRose0708
01-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Alias(reruns on TNT)
I love ALIAS too, but I can never find it on TNT, when do they run episodes?

I "claim" to not watch reality TV (because 95% of it is garbage) but in thinking about it I do watch some, guiltily. It's mostly competition shows, but still, there is some garbage on my list.

Miss America : Reality Check -(I used to dance with Miss New York!)
The Kardashians and Girls Next Door- I don't plan to watch these shows but if I'm flipping through and they're on I can't stop watching!
Project Runway, Top Chef and Kathy Griffin- although since I moved I don't get Bravo anymore!
So You Think You Can Dance

I also like
Grey's
LOST
Ugly Betty
and the occasional One Tree Hill

ncscgirl2005
01-15-2008, 11:40 AM

Yes I remember that show and totally loved it. I was sad when they didn't come out with another one.

ncscgirl2005
01-15-2008, 11:42 AM

I "claim" to not watch reality TV (because 95% of it is garbage) but in thinking about it I do watch some, guiltily. It's mostly competition shows, but still, there is some garbage on my list.

Miss America : Reality Check -(I used to dance with Miss New York!)
The Kardashians and Girls Next Door- I don't plan to watch these shows but if I'm flipping through and they're on I can't stop watching!
Project Runway, Top Chef and Kathy Griffin- although since I moved I don't get Bravo anymore!
So You Think You Can Dance

I also like
Grey's
LOST
Ugly Betty
and the occasional One Tree Hill

I love Ugly Betty but I couldn't bring myself to associate it with the "trash" that I normally watch. I caught an episode of the Miss America show and will probably end up watching that too because of the actor that plays in Ugly Betty--can't remember his name but I love his character Mark.

ncscgirl2005
01-15-2008, 11:43 AM

Oh that's good to know. Thanks.

ncscgirl2005
01-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Family Guy :secret: :blush:

My in-laws allow their children (ages 8 & 7) to watch this. I was floored when I found this out. I thought I was hard on my kids for not letting them watch the Simpsons but gee whiz.....Family Guy takes the cake.

bleukarma
01-15-2008, 12:03 PM

They come on early Thursday mornings (or late Wednesday nights) I believe between 1-3 or 2-4 am. I just set up my tivo to record them and when I feel like watching an Alias episode its there! This is a show that I never get tired of. Even though I've already seen the episodes it's nice to catch one every once in awhile!

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-15-2008, 01:26 PM
unless I missed it being listed in here, UPN will have Paradise Hotel!!! Does anyone remember that from a few years back??? And I loved Fashion House! OMG!:secret::thedolls::blush: