PDA

View Full Version : Pecos Bill's - Texas style

MartyS
01-08-2008, 11:41 AM
So, I was thinkin’ bout how a lot of restaurants around WDW serve foods representative of a place, country, region, etc., like the WS restaurants, I guess the food served at Cape May would be kinda like the foods you would expect to eat at the Jersey shore. You get the picture. I couldn’t help but notice at Pecos Bill’s, there’s a Texas flag displayed. I don’t know, but, besides the United States flag, it might be the only other national er uh state flag displayed in the MK. And they serve hamburgers. And I’m not complaining, really. It’s all good. But what if they changed it to a TS restaurant, with grub that would be a little more, uh, Texan? How about chicken fried steak with cream gravy (which is, of coarse, the national food of Texas), mashed potatoes, a big ol ear of roasted sweet corn with butter, fried okra and a home made roll with butter. Or slow smoked beef BBQ brisket and ribs (which is, of coarse, the national food of Texas), red beans, potato salad (they call me Tater Salad), big ol hunk of corn bread with butter ( I’m startin to sound like Paula Deen, Y’all) and a pickled jalapeno ( thets pernounced HAL a PANE ya ). Or maybe even Mexican food, (which is, of coarse, the national food of Texas), enchiladas, fajitas, tacos, refried beans, rice, chips & salsa, a grilled jalapeno. Then there's of course, steak and loaded baked potato(which is, of coarse, the national food of Texas) So, maybe I left something off of this list or there’s a restaurant that’s supposed to be representin’ your neck of the woods and ain’t? what would you change?

scooterca42
01-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Le Cellier is almost perfect for Canada - except that Canada is so multi-cultural there almost isn't a 'Canadian' food! The only thing I would do is have a Tim Horton's opened outside there. That would be fabulous - an extra large double double and a honey-dip as you wander the rest of the pavilions...sigh...

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 12:04 PM
So, I was thinkin’ bout how a lot of restaurants around WDW serve foods representative of a place, country, region, etc., like the WS restaurants, I guess the food served at Cape May would be kinda like the foods you would expect to eat at the Jersey shore. You get the picture. I couldn’t help but notice at Pecos Bill’s, there’s a Texas flag displayed. I don’t know, but, besides the United States flag, it might be the only other national er uh state flag displayed in the MK. And they serve hamburgers. And I’m not complaining, really. It’s all good. But what if they changed it to a TS restaurant, with grub that would be a little more, uh, Texan? How about chicken fried steak with cream gravy (which is, of coarse, the national food of Texas), mashed potatoes, a big ol ear of roasted sweet corn with butter, fried okra and a home made roll with butter. Or slow smoked beef BBQ brisket and ribs (which is, of coarse, the national food of Texas), red beans, potato salad (they call me Tater Salad), big ol hunk of corn bread with butter ( I’m startin to sound like Paula Deen, Y’all) and a pickled jalapeno ( thets pernounced HAL a PANE ya ). Or maybe even Mexican food, (which is, of coarse, the national food of Texas), enchiladas, fajitas, tacos, refried beans, rice, chips & salsa, a grilled jalapeno. Then there's of course, steak and loaded baked potato(which is, of coarse, the national food of Texas) So, maybe I left something off of this list or there’s a restaurant that’s supposed to be representin’ your neck of the woods and ain’t? what would you change?

Don't forget the rattlesnake! I don't eat it, personally, but... its highly texan!

Now, BBQ MUST have a sauce. It is just grilling unless you use a BBQ sauce!

DisneyDog
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Maybe, by the replica of the Liberty Bell in MK, they should have a cheesesteak stand. Ha ha:blush:

LONESTAR
01-10-2008, 11:13 PM
I am only 60 miles from the coast so dont forget the fried seafood and boiled crawfish. For breakfast sausage and cheese kolachees.