PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo vs Mickeys Backyard BBQ

DizneyDoug
01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I am getting ready to make my ADR's for a July trip and looking for some help. I have two girls ages 7 and 4 and I'm wondering your opinions for which is better: Hoop-Dee-Doo or Mickey's Backyard BBQ??

We're planning on dining at:
-Crystal Palace dinner
-Sci-Fi Drive-In lunch
-Princess Brkfst at Akershus
-Chef Mickey's dinner
-Coral Reef dinner

I'm open to any other suggestions that you feel might be good for my family. Thanks!

Cinderelley
01-08-2008, 12:34 AM
I am getting ready to make my ADR's for a July trip and looking for some help. I have two girls ages 7 and 4 and I'm wondering your opinions for which is better: Hoop-Dee-Doo or Mickey's Backyard BBQ??

We're planning on dining at:
-Crystal Palace dinner
-Sci-Fi Drive-In lunch
-Princess Brkfst at Akershus
-Chef Mickey's dinner
-Coral Reef dinner

I'm open to any other suggestions that you feel might be good for my family. Thanks!

Unless you're really looking for character interaction, I would go to Hoop-Dee-Doo. I thought it was very corny, but my kids liked it.

We went to the BBQ during the same trip, and not a single one of the 15 people with us on the trip enjoyed it. Most of the time was spent with kids on the dance floor getting character autographs.

jszczur5
01-08-2008, 01:34 AM
We did both in the Summer of '06. At the time, my boys were 11 and 9. They were too old for the show at the MBBBQ, although we all enjoyed the buffet style BBQ food. Most of the kids who really enjoyed the show and actively participated were about 3 - 6 years old. Also, the BBQ is held in a covered outdoor area, where you sit at picnic tables. First come = best seats. You are covered, but still exposed to the weather. When we went, it was hot. I know, Florida is hot in the summer, but man, it was hot. The bathroom was away from the area, down a path a bit - right through the area where the smokers were congregated.
Hoop-dee-doo is in an air conditioned building, with reserved seating. The food is similar BBQ type food, but with less selection, as it is served to the tables family style. Your kids do not need to be able to understand all of the corny jokes to enjoy the show. The music is catchy, the dancing is engaging, and kids often automatically laugh when adults laugh.
We have not done MBBBQ since, but we did HDDR again last summer, and are planning again for this summer.
Your girls are at an age where I think they will enjoy either show. As an adult, you will probably enjoy HDDR quite a bit more.

Here we go again...
01-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Hoop Dee Doo, hands down.
Family fun for all ages. (my 10 yr old was bored at the BBQ)
It is much cooler in the HDD.
Assigned seating at HDD, no one running past you for the best seats.

stitchcousin
01-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Hoop Dee Doo:thumbsup:! Mickey's BBQ:shake:! We've done both, and would never ever do the BBQ again. People shoving you out of the way to get to seats, having to squeeze in between others in order to have the family sit together, adults trying to shove my sons out of the way so that thier children could get pictures and autographs:thedolls:, etc. Plus you need to deal with the elements since its outdoors. Now, as for HDD, it is inside, air conditioned, your family has thier own table, my sons loved the jokes, everyone had a great time. Plan on doing again.