PDA

View Full Version : 4 New Walt Disney World Restaraunts To Open in 2008

Figment!
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Nothing new for those who have been keeping up on the News & Rumours forum, but the following is the first public announcment of The Wave and the latest public updates on the other three locations:

2008 Preview

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
December 31, 2007

Themed Restaurants -- The introduction of innovative dining experiences continues with four restaurants opening during 2008. Landry's Restaurants, which just introduced a taste of Asia to Disney's Animal Kingdom with the opening of Yak & Yeti Restaurant, will treat Downtown Disney guests to a face-to-face encounter with a dinosaur at T-Rex: A Prehistoric Family Adventure, A Place to Eat, Shop, Explore and Discover, which combines table-service dining and retail in an interactive prehistoric environment built around water, fire and ice. At Epcot, China's Nine Dragons table-service restaurant will close in early 2008 to make way for an innovative dining room, scheduled to open in the fall, featuring five cooking stations where guests can interact with chefs from China. At Disney's Contemporary Resort, The Wave, opening in the spring, will serve up American cooking blended with world flavors. In the Italy pavilion at Epcot, Tutto Italia Ristorante ("Everything Italy") is the newest restaurant for California-based Patina Group, which has a portfolio of nearly 30 restaurants. The location will be expanded for a grand opening late in 2008.

The press release recaps other new additions around the resort and the 2008 Disney Dream Giveaway, but in no greater detail than what has already been posted in this forum.

Crow
01-07-2008, 04:42 PM
well food & :beer::marg:is important for my trips so any news is good...as long as the places are good

BMan62
01-07-2008, 05:27 PM
DW and I are glad Tutto Italia is staying. We really enjoyed our dinner there on our anniversary Dec.4th.

Disneyatic
01-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Have they given an expected opening date for the T-Rex restaurant?

Ian
01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Seems like they're really focusing on expanding their dining offerings. That DDP has 'em all packed, I guess.

I just wish they'd put as much thought and effort into new attractions. :rolleyes:

big blue and hairy
01-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Seems like they're really focusing on expanding their dining offerings. That DDP has 'em all packed, I guess.

I just wish they'd put as much thought and effort into new attractions. :rolleyes:

Joe Rhode may personally punch you in the neck. :D

:sulley:

DizneyFreak2002
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
What is the opening date for T-Rex? I am going in October and would love to try this place out...

Figment!
01-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Have they given an expected opening date for the T-Rex restaurant?
What is the opening date for T-Rex?

The banner on the construction wall states "Summer 2008".

ibrowse17
01-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Sounds good!! Can not wait to try them:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Joe Rhode may personally punch you in the neck.

1) Why?
2) AK is a good idea.
3) But, it was woefully under-built
. . . not enough rides
. . . not enough attractions
. . . not enough eateries
. . . not enough walking room
4) Until the pent-up vacationer push, AK lost attendance for 6 straight years.
5) Got to be reasons, huh?

big blue and hairy
01-09-2008, 11:23 AM
1) Why?

Well, first off, it was joke. Secondly, Joe's latest creation was Expedition Everest, pretty darned good, I'd say. And thirdly, the under-building of AK wasn't his fault, that would be Uncle Mikey...

JohnnyJayhawk
01-09-2008, 11:32 AM
T-Rex is going to be fantastic. We've been to the one in Kansas City a number of times. The kids love it and the food is great.

GothMickey
01-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Isn't T-Rex the same as Rainforest Cafe, only a different theme?

big blue and hairy
01-09-2008, 12:42 PM

They are both Landry's properties.

bmj721
01-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Will they be closing a restaurant at DTD to make way for the T-Rex place? Or are they squeezing it in somewhere?

Tink#64
01-10-2008, 12:22 AM
We're also going in October & hope this is open! If it's on par with RFC, then DS's will probably love it! :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
01-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Completely off topic...but since you brought him up Joe Rhode is a genius! Animal Kingdom is an incredible concept and Everest is an amazing attraction!

pdrlkr
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the info Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey:

JohnnyJayhawk
01-14-2008, 12:19 AM

The menu is different.

jmmc
01-17-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm glad to hear about any new food options around the World. Honestly, I often thought one of WDW biggest issues is some of the mediocre food that pops up. This is especially the case with the low-end counter service / kid's food places. There are some really great WDW restaurants out there, but there's a lot of fast food mediocrity.

I haven't noticed much complaining about this on these boards, so I hope I didn't just open myself up to angry replies! :boxing: