PDA

View Full Version : Free Internet Service for members

LCPZA
01-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I am confused. I thought I remember reading some place on this site that in 08 DVC would be offering Free Internet Service for Members during their stay. I called today to ask a question and was told that is not true. I was told by Mya?? that it would be offered later this year more towards late spring. DOes anyone have any info on this? Thanks

dlpmikki
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
This was announced at the member meetings at the end of last year. They said 2008 and everyone naturally assumed from 1st January. From various members reports it seems that the actual start date of free Internet has not yet been announced other than Spring. Given my recent experience with member servies who did not know about the Hospitality House booking option at OKW I would not take anything they say as automatically right anymore.

wendy*darling
01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
True, the announcement said "Beginning in 2008" which most people would believe meant January 1st.
I would just check with the manager at the front desk upon your arrival and see.
If there are more date specific announcments or updates made, they will be posted here on INTERCOT.

JPL
01-07-2008, 06:25 PM
True, the announcement said "Beginning in 2008" which most people would believe meant January 1st.

Actually after speaking to Member Services I was also lead to believe January 1. I arrive at OKW on the 18th and said can't wait for the free internet this stay and the CM said "yeah isn't that great lots of people will be excited in January who don't know about it"

DonLefNY
01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I know someone who just got back and were charged for the internet. CM said it starts "later this year" but could not give a date. :confused:

LCPZA
01-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the input. I am really upset about this. :mad: I even called back today and spoke to Jim and well the same thing. It's not free.