PDA

View Full Version : Stacy's Top 7 in 2008?

hic
01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Will Stacy be there on channel 18 when we check into the Poly in April. My son and daughter are dying to know if Stacy's "Top 7 must sees" will be replaced this year. How often does Disney update this?

JPL
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
As of December it was still the same YOAMD updated version. Look for Minor Updates Toy Story Mania and Block Party Bash but not too many other changes.

Crow
01-07-2008, 04:32 PM
how often can you watch the same thing? it repeated so i could only watch it a few times wo changing the channel. the should have some other things on there

MushuMulan
01-07-2008, 04:48 PM
It's just there to introduce people to the park if they've just arrived. They may have never been to WDW, or have, but still want to see what all the top attractions are before they hit the park.

I know for a fact that I've seen that video at least 30 times, but honestly, whenever I first arrive at my resort I still turn it on. Even though I already know it all, it's still fun to see :mickey:.

laprana
01-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I know for a fact that I've seen that video at least 30 times, but honestly, whenever I first arrive at my resort I still turn it on. Even though I already know it all, it's still fun to see :mickey:.

:ditto: By the end of our trip, it's always kind of annoying, but when we first get there, it's kind of like our "Welcome Home!" :D

BronxTigger
01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I leave it on while I sleep. Disney is so quiet at night that I can't sleep unless SOMETHING is making noise, so I turn on the tv to a reasonable volume (not loud enough to bother anybody next door) and listen to it as I fall asleep and wake up!

I like the Stacy show. It's fun to watch even though its a bit corny. *A little ditty we like to call summit plummet*

hic
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the update. Watching Stacy is like getting a tune stuck in your head. It gets annoying but, you just can't stop watching. My kids love to memorize the lines and then use them when we get to those attractions. For us, when we think of Stacy and the corny lines she delivers, the memories of great family vacations come flooding back.

DizneyRox
01-07-2008, 09:50 PM
I know people who watch it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

It's not as bad as It's a Small World.

I would expect minor changes once the new attractions open. It wouldn't surprise me if they already filmed them and did the voice overs last time she was in town to save a little cash.

mudpuppysmom
01-08-2008, 09:43 AM
We usually put it in on the mornings for DS to watch while we get ready......he can watch it over and over for about three days before we need to find regular cartoons......

As for It's a Small World....thanks, now that one is stuck in my head for a week!!! And, next week we'll be there!! So it'll be stuck in my head for a month now!!!!!:D

jszczur5
01-08-2008, 05:32 PM
how often can you watch the same thing? it repeated so i could only watch it a few times wo changing the channel. the should have some other things on there

If you are my boys, apparently, at least 10 times a day. I got to the point where I couldn't even stand the sound of Stacy's voice. And yes, it is as bad as IASW. Worse even.

seeyarlsn
01-08-2008, 07:30 PM
My DH loves to watch Stacey and then torment me for the rest of the day with her lines! It is so bad that when I suggest we stay at SoG, he doesnt want to stay there because there is no Stacey!!!!

Darbylew
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
We always turn it on when we get there. It is
a great way to wake the kids up in the morning.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK ON
MARCH 31 FOR SEVEN DAYS! :mickey::D

EPCOTcoffeegirl
01-22-2008, 10:29 PM
You know what I miss?

It's your zip a dee do dah, tip for today!!!!:mickey:

jakeybake
01-25-2008, 09:11 AM
I miss the Zip a dee doo dah tip for today too!!

I loved checking into the room, turning on the tv and putting on the Disney Resort Station.

I also loved the man's booming voice, "YOUR WATCHING DISNEY RESORT TELEVISION!"

Wish I could find it on You Tube.

Jay

michelLe x3
01-25-2008, 09:38 PM
I miss the zip a dee doo dah one so much this new one isnt long enough they should show more stuff on it. And i have a video of it for the person who asked ! {link removed per Terms of Service}

#1donaldfan
01-26-2008, 10:01 AM
I love Stacy ... she's ingrained into our heads as our official "welcome home" .... the bags hardly hit the floor when she comes on welcoming us "home" and showing us what we are missing while we are standing in our room wasting time....ha, ha......she's the best, yes corny, but absolutley the best......I'll hate to see her go one day......!!!!!

lockedoutlogic
01-26-2008, 10:22 AM

agreed...i never understand the relentless self promotion of rides to which 90% of the people watching already have tickets to see....

i could maybe see more heavy advertising of dining, cirque, water parks, recreation.....but the "must see" thing is redonkulous

I think they have subliminal messages implanted in there telling 8 year olds to buy stuffed animals or something

Stacy should be "taken care of":thedolls:

#1donaldfan
01-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Come on now, leave her alone....she's been welcoming so many in for the last several years that if you had her "taken care of", I think someone would notice. I really am going to miss her when she's "all used up"....But, Disney will have a great replacement, I'm sure!!!!!

DizneyFreak2002
01-26-2008, 11:43 AM
On a Disney podcast this week, Stacey was their guest... She said she has been recording voice overs, which have already made it into the show.... She also said they are working on the script and filming could begin in March.....So, I would look for new segments soon....

BluewaterBrad
01-28-2008, 04:52 PM
We watch Stacy all the time! Anyone remember Chrissa?:mickey:

splashtest
01-28-2008, 05:11 PM
They are usually the same for a few years in a row. Nothing "new" has been introduced, so they will probably all be the same. They only seem to change when they want to promote a new attraction.:number1:

Bethanymouse
01-29-2008, 07:12 AM
:ditto: By the end of our trip, it's always kind of annoying, but when we first get there, it's kind of like our "Welcome Home!" :D
Agreed!

I love Stacy ... she's ingrained into our heads as our official "welcome home" .... the bags hardly hit the floor when she comes on welcoming us "home" and showing us what we are missing while we are standing in our room wasting time....ha, ha......she's the best, yes corny, but absolutley the best......I'll hate to see her go one day......!!!!!
I enjoy her too. She can be a bit overwhelming at times but she is very excited to be at the house of mouse and who can blame her! Nothing says being in a disney resort without turning on the tv and seeing stacy!

BigBaloo
01-29-2008, 11:45 AM
We liked Chrissa better. She was so darn cute....:blush:

senderella
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
You know you are at Disney when you hear the top 7 must sees. I think it is great...even if myself and my youngest son can quote Stacy (kind of embarrasing when about to board a ride featured on the Top 7). It would not be the same without it.

Natazu
02-02-2008, 11:11 PM
We watch Stacy all the time! Anyone remember Chrissa?:mickey:

I paid a hypnotist $250 to block her from my memory. Only the slightest twinge remains.