PDA

View Full Version : Some old Disney Vacation photos

RBrooksC
01-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I discovered a product that can convert 35MM slides to digital photos. My parents have in excess of 1000 sildes in a closet going back to at least 1966.

In 1977 (I believe) my family and I went to WDW for the first time. I discovered in those sildes (in a slide carosel no less) eighty slides from our first trip to Disney, including photos from the Golf Resort (where we stayed...), the Poly (with the Luau) and the Contemporary, and in the park itself. I also think there is one Discovery Island photo in there.

I am so excited about seeing these photos. I still have to purchace the converter but it will incredible to see these photos. I know I have seen them but it has been thirty years so it will be like the first time.

Twinsowner
01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Thats great. We would like to see them also!!!!

PirateLover
01-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Very exciting! Please share them if you do it!

RBrooksC
01-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Oh, I am going to do it I just have to actually order the converter and then take the time to convert them.

However, I will share some of the photos when I get them.

It's funny. My mom had no clue who Chip and Dale were so on the paper listing what is in each slide position, it says "Rob and Dan with a chipmunk." LOL

goofyfan4466
01-07-2008, 01:17 PM
That Would Be So Cool To See After All These Years !!,hope You Are Able To Share.

AuntDJ
01-07-2008, 01:26 PM
RBrooksC~

That is so funny....I was just looking at some old pics over the weekend and there is a pic from 1978 of my brother and I with Dale and my mom wrote, "rick and dj with some animal"

I guess Chip and Dale were not that well known back then!

DJ

Cinderelley
01-07-2008, 03:59 PM
How funny that you started this thread. I was just going to start one about how I found some old pics of Disneyland while going through some pictures that my mom gave me. In the pictures, I'm 2 years old - I knew they started me young. 2 years old, eating chocolate at Disneyland. What a great start to life! :D:cloud9:

murphy1
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Tikiman wants pics of the Poly especially from the 70's and 80's, you can find him under the members list under that name. I have my avatar set to a pic from '74 from the uncovered tea cups. I miss the old simple days sometimes :mickey:

January-2007
01-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Neat! :thumbsup:

biodtl
01-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Aww, this is making me nostalgic. When I get some free time (free time - ha!), I am going to have to go through my parents photos for some 70s (and 80s) fun.

RBrooksC
01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
It is going to be a very time comsuming undertaking... I have no clue where I am going to start with these. When there are over 1000 slides to consider, it makes my head swim.

JPL
01-08-2008, 05:46 PM
If you search online there are several services that scan slides and negatives at reasonable rates. I purchased anegative scanner a few years back and to be honest it is very time consuming and frustrating at times.

RBrooksC
01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I am sure but since I can get this for $80 and have over 1000 slides, I am sure it would be more cost effective for me to do it myself. And since these have been sitting in a closet for close to a quarter of a century, a few more months waiting as I transfer them is a small price to pay.

showmethemouse
01-12-2008, 10:34 PM
THAT IS SO GREAT IF ANYONE CAN SHARE THERE PICTURE IT WOULD BE NICES I REMEMBER GOING TO DISNEY LAND WHEN I WAS LITTLE. I DON'T IF THERE IS PICTURE OF US BUT IT WOLD BE NICE TO SEE:mickey:

Laughin' place
02-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I have the converter and am working on getting all my Dad's slides (especially the Disney trips) burned to disc. My converter works very well, but it can only take three slides at a time (on a hard plastic bracket). the process is very slow at first, but you'll get the hang of it. It's a little more labor-intense than I expected, but the memories are worth it. have fun !:photo:

kimommy63
02-07-2008, 05:43 PM
:cloud9:
We would love love love to see your pictures when you get them converted. I grew up going to Disneyland every summer but didnt get to see WDW until my son was 4 (a few years ago). And being a child of the 70's I'd love to see what it looked like then!:mickey:

Not2Loud
02-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Very Cool!!

I was watching some clips on YouTube yesterday of River Country. It made me a bit emotional thinking about those days with my parents and how great it was as a kid. I even wrote my dad an email listing my favorite Disney vacation memories as a kid.

I think I should start a website where people can post their Disney photos and videos. I think it would be fun to see other peoples stuff. I always enjoy seeing pictures from the 70's of WDW and older of DL.