PDA

View Full Version : Best Disney thrill ride in any park?

Lightning McQueen
01-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I've been watching YouTube ride videos lately, especially ones I haven't ridden from other parks.

I'm wondering, from those of you that have been to the US and overseas parks, what is widely considered the best Disney thrill ride out of all of them?

Journey to the Center of the Earth looked really cool (haven't ridden it).

Indiana Jones at DL looks great, too.

Or is it Expedition Everest or Tower of Terror from WDW?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

teamblackwell
01-06-2008, 11:55 PM
My all time favorite; meaning, the ride I look forward to most because of themeing, excitement, and it just makes me feel good to ride, SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!

MushuMulan
01-07-2008, 12:12 AM
This is really just a subject of opinions, I'm sure there will be a lot of different answers.

For me, the best thrill ride would have to be EE, when I rode it the first time I wanted to ride it again and again, I still do.

Placing second would have to be Rockin' Rollercoaster, althought it seems a bit short for a rollercoaster ride :(.

Melanie
01-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Journey to the Center of the Earth and Disneyland's Space Mountain are my top two.

:coaster:

jszczur5
01-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Tower of Terror - right from your first encounter with the creepy bellman to your walk through the cavernous basement boiler room to the faster than gravity yo-yo descent down the elevator shaft - can't be beat!

x
01-07-2008, 04:49 AM
Tower of Terror although the new Space Mountain at Disneyland is a close second now. Those new effects really put that ride at a new level.

CleveSJM
01-07-2008, 06:11 AM
I'd have to say E:E with DLP's Indiana Jones a close second. DLP's Crushes Coaster is very cool as well, it's like a Space Mountain, but your car (shell) turns 180 degrees during parts of the ride so sometimes you are sideways to the track, sometimes backward, and sometimes forward. All "spinning" is slow and controlled, not like a loose spin...:thumbsup:

playdead88
01-07-2008, 06:12 AM
MK - Big Thunder Mountain

Epcot - Soarin'

MGM - RnR coaster

Animal Kingdom - Mt Everest

jrpersinger
01-07-2008, 06:35 AM
DH insist that Mission Space is the most intense ride he has ever rode. And thats saying alot because we are huge amusement park junkies! However, I have not yet been brave enough to get on M:S. So I can not compare it.

As far as WDW goes I would say ToT. Simply because its never the same. It keeps you on your toes.

disneydeb
01-07-2008, 06:39 AM
MK - Big Thunder Mountain

Epcot - Soarin'

MGM - RnR coaster

Animal Kingdom - Mt Everest

I totally agree!:thumbsup:

beksy
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
For me its a tie between ToT and BTMRR as my favorites. Space Mntn is more intense but BTMRR is my favorite of the two. Of course I haven't tried EE or RnRC yet so this could change in Feb! :mickey:

artyboy
01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
I have to admit that my favorite thrill rides are all at Disneyland Paris.

Crush's Coaster, as mentioned before, is simply amazing...we really need one of these in WDW.

Also, Space Mountain in Paris is far superior to what we have in Florida...(I still love our's...I just REALLY loved theirs :blush:)

:mickey:

Figgyluv03
01-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Haven't ridden EE yet, so I'll have to go with RnRc starring Aerosmith!

bobpfef
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Everest is my vote. Simply amazing.

#1donaldfan
01-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Best thrill ride would have to be mission space.....it feels so darn real......so real in fact they had to change the attraction to accomodate those with lesser "stomachs"...IMHO......:mickey:

KAJUNKING
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
for a thrilling experience, i have to go with mission space, but everest, tot, and rcnrc are not far behind :coaster:

CU Tiger
01-07-2008, 12:40 PM
It may not be my favorite ride, but TOT is the one that gives me the biggest thrill. :thumbsup: Second would be Mission Space and then R&R. My favorite all around ride is Splash Mountain!:number1::mickey:

prprincess
01-07-2008, 01:55 PM
EE does it for me, but ToT is a close second. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
01-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Well, I've only been on the rides at Disney World and Disneyland, but out of all of those, I would have to say that Expedition Everest tops the list--it's just too cool to zip backwards! California Screamin' at Disneyland is right up there too. I think Rock 'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror are great fun too, but after riding them so many times I don't find them quite as intense any more.

dteed
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Splash for me, very entertaining plus the thrill of the big drop. The drop still gives me a funny feeling in my stomach.

Polynesian Dweller
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
TOT for me with DLR's Indiana Jones, DLR's Space Mountain close seconds.

CleveSJM
01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Quick question for the DLRP's Space Mountain likers... Didn't your ears get beat up by the harness? I was in pain for 15 minutes after that ride. I thought it was a boxing simulator. I guess I don't have a European size neck/head.

But that magnetic uphill launch is AMAZING! :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
01-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I've only been to WDW, but It's a toss up between Everest and Tower of Terror for me. Both give me a quick thrill!

Darin M
01-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Rock n Rollercoaster. Hands down.

MegaDisney
01-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Based on the list of rides I have ridden, I would have to say Space Mountain at DLR (which is 1000% different than the one at WDW IMHO).

I have yet to experience EE or M:S or any of the overseas park attractions so they may someday replace good ole Space Mountain at Disneyland.

MushuMulan
01-07-2008, 11:43 PM
The one at DLR is different because it's already under-gone refurbishment. To the best of my knowledge the one in WDW is still the same as when it came out.

Hopefully once the WDW has been refurbished it will be just as smooth (and fun) a ride as the one in DLR.

P.S. If I'm wrong, and the one in WDW has already had renovations then please correct me. I'm not always up-to-date on things :).

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 12:28 AM
I have to admit that my favorite thrill rides are all at Disneyland Paris.

Crush's Coaster, as mentioned before, is simply amazing...we really need one of these in WDW.

Also, Space Mountain in Paris is far superior to what we have in Florida...(I still love our's...I just REALLY loved theirs :blush:)

:mickey:

Took the words out of my mouth... well.. fingers.

Crush's Coater and DLP's SM is BY FAR the best Disney rides EVER!

If we're counting the states... man...

I love RnRC, EE, ToT, and DLR's SM.

Can't really pick though!

Melanie
01-08-2008, 12:35 AM
OH, completely forgot Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo. Incredible! Not a thrill ride exactly, but certainly thrilling! :pooh: Can't wait to ride it again soon.

WDWFREAK101
01-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Thats like asking a question like "Which one of my kids do i love more?" I love every single ride at every single park!!! But i guess this is how it will be

Splash Mountain- Magic Kingdom (I love Space Mountain but after a while, you can memorized the track and it isn't fun anymore. Splash Mountain always has the chilling drop that scares all of us to some degree. Space Mountain just doesn't do that for me)

Anyway,

Mission Space- Epcot

RnR- Hollywood studios

Everest- Animal Kingdom

DisneyCrazy4444
01-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Expedition Everest and Tower of Terror are two off my favorite rides:mickey:

MegaDisney
01-08-2008, 07:55 PM
The one at DLR is different because it's already under-gone refurbishment. To the best of my knowledge the one in WDW is still the same as when it came out.

Hopefully once the WDW has been refurbished it will be just as smooth (and fun) a ride as the one in DLR.

P.S. If I'm wrong, and the one in WDW has already had renovations then please correct me. I'm not always up-to-date on things :).

The one at Disneyland has ALWAYS been different: Side by side seating, different single track layout, and soundtrack (which was added PRIOR to the last major refurbishment)

The ride at WDW has remained virtually unchanged since it opened. It is due for a major refurb this year. WDW Space Mountain is more like the Matterhorn at Disneyland.

Belle_0717
01-09-2008, 01:16 PM
For me

1. EE

2. RnRC

3. BTMRR

I could live on these alone!

jclightchasr
01-09-2008, 01:40 PM
MK: Space Mountain
Epcot: Soarin
Hollywood Studios: RNRC
AK: EE

Top of all 4: Everest in my Book.

MushuMulan
01-09-2008, 06:18 PM
The one at Disneyland has ALWAYS been different: Side by side seating, different single track layout, and soundtrack (which was added PRIOR to the last major refurbishment)

The ride at WDW has remained virtually unchanged since it opened. It is due for a major refurb this year. WDW Space Mountain is more like the Matterhorn at Disneyland.

Eh, I think Matterhorn is rougher than WDW's Space Mountain, or at least it used to be.

That's all gonna change once the refurbishment of the Matterhorn is done :).

IloveDisney71
01-09-2008, 06:45 PM
My favorite out of all four of the WDW parks is: RnRC!
In the other parks I like:
AK - EE
Epcot - TestTrack
MK - Space Mt.

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 07:59 AM
AK: Everest
EP: Mission Space
HS: Tower of Terror
MK: Space Mountain

NJDad
01-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Another vote for Paris's Space Mt. Didn't do Crush cause it's in the other park!