PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Anybody?

Tinkerbella
01-06-2008, 08:40 PM
The BF and I are planning a trip in mid-late April and are trying to avoid staying with his mother. Not that she isn't quite the gem :secret: but we'd like to stay somewhere that's just for the two of us. We originally wanted to stay at one of the DL resort hotels but that's a bit out of our price range.

Does anybody have any suggestions for a young couple? We'd really prefer a hotel across the street. Ideas? Thanks!

Meagan

Disneyluvr2
01-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Well, I always stay at the Park Vue Inn, which is directly across the street from the entrance. The location is perfect! They serve a nice breakfast in the morning and each room has a small fridge and microwave.:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
01-09-2008, 01:43 AM
I stay at 3 locations across from the main entrance, The Best Western Park Place Inn, The Ramada Inn Maingate and the Fairfield Inn ... all have free breakfast. I have booked clients at the Park Vue and they liked it a lot, so I can also say that's a good choice. Of the 4 Ramada has the best rates and you can check them out online for some good deals.

Tinkerbella
01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Oooh! Thanks you guys! I forgot about the continental breakfast! That's always a must! I'm going to check these all out. I remember staying at the Fairfield Inn when I was little with my mom but I think it was called the Ramada back then wasn't it? Like back in the early-mid ninties?:confused:

MegaDisney
01-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I remember staying at the Fairfield Inn when I was little, like back in the early-mid ninties.

God I feel old...

NotaGeek
01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
God I feel old...

If the shoe fits... :D

mjm12000
01-09-2008, 05:09 PM
We stayed at the Camelot Inn last time right across the street from DL. It was very nice and we were lucky enough to get a a room on the front of the hotel on the third floor and we had a great view of DL and also DCA. The room was clean and the service was great. Also with Millies (not sure of the spelling) restaurant right next door it was great for those late night meals after a day in the parks. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

tinkwest
01-09-2008, 11:30 PM
....I remember staying at the Fairfield Inn when I was little .... Like back in the early-mid ninties?....

God I feel old...

That's exactly what I thought Bryant!!

Dakota Rose
01-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaDisney
God I feel old...

That's exactly what I thought Bryant!!

I'll "third" that notion!

I've stayed at Park Vue, good choice. I also like the Tropicana and the Carousel Hotels.

disneymother
01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
One more suggestion, the Candy Cane Inn is on Harbor, on the same side of the street as DL, and it has a great breakfast and shuttle to the parks if you don't want to walk. I think it's a pretty romantic property, too:heart:

luvthepoly
02-03-2008, 01:20 PM
I would also vote fro the Candy Cane Inn. We were there just last week and it was GREAT!

wildernesslady
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
I just booked the Ramada Inn Maingate. If you booked 3 nights you got 2 free. You also have to purchase your passes there, but they are also on a special right now. Buy 5 days for the price of 3. We got it for $98.00 per night.

NotaGeek
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I just booked the Ramada Inn Maingate. If you booked 3 nights you got 2 free. You also have to purchase your passes there, but they are also on a special right now. Buy 5 days for the price of 3. We got it for $98.00 per night.

:thumbsup:

Miss Mouse
02-14-2008, 02:27 AM
We typically stay at the Desert Inn and Suites. It's nothing fancy, but it certainly does the trick and it's not very expensive. The rooms are very large, very comfortable and always clean. The walk to the park can't be beat - about 5 minutes from the hotel to the turnstiles. They have a "continental breakfast" but it's really not much to write home about - toast, danishes, fruit, coffee and juice is about all you'll get. Enough to tide you over to a big lunch later. The good thing is that all of the rooms have both fridges and microwaves, so you can do a grocery run and stock up on snacks.

On our next trip we are hoping to finally give the Hojo a try. Everywhere I read, people are raving about it so I'd love to see if it's all it's cracked up to be. It's a little bit of a further walk, but nothing much. Maybe 7-10 minutes tops. Also, you can get a great discount at this place, either with an AP (15% off, I think) or with the Entertainment Card, which can add up to BIG savings. You have to use the promotion code SD50. The discount isn't always available, but when it is, you can expect a rate of $59 a night for a standard room, $74 a night for a premium.

Also, never stayed at the Candy Cane but have heard nothing but great things about it. It's got a nice looking pool, a good sounding continental breakfast and it's own shuttle for when your feet get Disneyed out!

Happy planning! :)

Bugsmom
03-26-2008, 08:21 AM
We are trying the Hojo at the end of may. It has interior corridors, which is a must for our son.