PDA

View Full Version : DVC member and 2 year old daughter looking for activities

DrLeopold
01-06-2008, 06:15 PM
My wife and 2 year old daughter, are going down to WDW before me and are looking for simple ideas that are age appropriate - BESIDES THE THEME PARKS.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Drleopold and family.

jenfriend
01-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I brought my 2 yo to WDW 2 years ago. The main thing is to follow her cues. It might surprise you what she is into. My child LOVED swimming, so we made reservations at a resort with a wading pool, POR. They had life jackets available for free. We would put her in We took the boats from POR to Downtown Disney, which is something you can do whether you are staying at POR or not. We liked the boats during the day, but at night it was special too. DD also liked the Lego sculptures in Downtown Disney. She watched and enjoyed the toy horse races that occur periodically in the Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Resort. We brought a fold up stroller from home instead of renting one at each park because you really do need it to get the sleeping child (or not sleeping) from park entrance to bus, and then bus to room. She liked the character meals, but not the characters actually being next to her. The characters are good at just standing behind kids w/o saying anything, then you can get that photo.

Donald
01-06-2008, 07:57 PM
There is a petting zoo and pony rides at the Tri-Circle-D ranch at Fort Wilderness.:horse:

wendy*darling
01-06-2008, 08:11 PM
What resort are they staying at?
Some of the DVC resort pools have zero entry- which is nice for little ones and mom/dad alike. They can play by the water's edge easily with mom/dad right there with them.
Most of the resorts have playgrounds right at the resort.
I would ride one of the boats or the monorail- just for fun. There are lots to choose from without going into a park.

The resort grounds are often fun to just walk around- especially for little ones. there are bunnies, ducks, salamanders, and more to see.

And Downtown Disney- just to walk around, see the shops, have lunch, etc.

If you tell us which resort they will be staying at, we can be more specific about things to do.

tinkerbell04
01-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I saw that you are a DVC member, if you are staying at a DVC resort, most have community halls. This is a great place to occupy some time at the resort. They have coloring and crafts, some are free and some are just a nominal fee. They also have a wide selevtion of games, both board and computer. Some of the halls have ping pong tables and/or foosball etc. My kids love to go there and check out what they have. I know that BW,SSR, OWK have them on site. :mickey: