PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' and Pirates and Princess Party

TheFunBunch
01-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I am brand new to Intercot, this is my first post. We are eagerly counting down the days to our next trip (145 to go)! I had a few questions.

Has anyone experienced or heard of anyone having an issue with motion sickness on Soarin'?

Also, does anyone know when the tickets for the Pirates and Princess Parties after March 14th are going to go on sale?

Thanks!

PetefromRI
01-06-2008, 03:29 PM
First off,Welcome to Intercot.You'll find that these are some of the best boards for all things Disney.As far as the P&P goes,I can't really help you but I'm sure that someone else will be along shortly to help.Soarin' is our favorite ride in Disney World.It's very gentle and relaxing but I'd imagine if you were prone to motion sickness it may effect you.I'm sure if you closed your eyes you'd be fine .My brother said it made him kind of feel funny and he flys all the time.I think that it's the most awesome attraction ever,and that it shouldn't be missed.

Darbylew
01-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I think Soarin is the greatest......Unless you
are scared of hights I think you will be fine. I
love it! I would like to know about the Pirate
Princess party after March as well. Hope some
one will have an answer.
WELCOME to INTERCOT :welcome::rocks:
You will love it here!
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
APRIL........:mickey::D

TheRustyScupper
01-06-2008, 04:10 PM
1) The motion isn't a problem.
2) To some people, the screen creates a problem.
3) Like the French pavilion film, the screen takes your peripheral vision. *
4) In some people, this can create a sensory overload.
5) The inner ear and eyes scramble and can make you queasy.
6) If this happens, focus on the center of the screen for a while.
7) The effect should calm and you will be fine.

* Impressions de France is a movie of flying over France. Many sequences have the helicopter flying and diving around the scene. Due to the large screen, this can make people slightly ill. This is the same effect Cinerama had on people when it was first debuted using the roller coaster effect.

playdead88
01-06-2008, 05:07 PM
ummm...im sure its possible for someone to have some sort of motion sickness but the ride is so cool i wouldn't advise skipping it for fear of it - chances are there wont be a problem and you will have rode a very awesome ride - and i too am waiting for the tix to go on sale for the p&pp after march 14th - i have called disney several time and keep getting the same story that they can't confirm there will be more p&pp after march 14th but they can confirm that the park is closing at 7pm on several dates for an undisclosed event - then they go on to tell me to try back weekly because the tix for the undisclosed event will be going on sale shortly. im sorry i can't be of more help - i'll keep trying and as soon as im able to get the tix i'll be sure to post - welcome to intercot! :mickey:

disneyworld55925592
01-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Yeah i personally love soarin. You can feel a bit dizzy getting off it, nothing that will last more then afew minutes. Welcome to intercot:thumbsup:

PattySwind
01-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi, I suffer from motion sickness and I do just fine on Soarin. Don't miss it!:thumbsup:

Patty

GoofyScooter
01-06-2008, 06:39 PM
My DW gets motion sickness but is fine on Soarin.

threeh
01-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I get motion sickness as well:sick:
I've never had a problem with Soarin. It rocks!!

Enjoy!!!:mickey:

JPL
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

I never heard of anyone getting motion sick from Soarin'. As for P&P Dates I would keep an eye out on the Intercot Home Page for Information it will be posted as soon as the sale date is released

IceCreamlover
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm very prone to motion sickness. However, on Soarin' I wear my wrist bands (Seabands) & don't focus on the screen for too long each sequence. Sometimes I need to close my eyes for a second, but then I'm fine. I'm glad because it's a great ride!!

CaptSmee
01-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Soarin' is quite tame. I can't imagine anyone getting motion sick from it, maybe a little dis-oriented but that's about it. It's very gentle and glides like you are smoothly flying over the California landscape.

Love TinkTink
01-07-2008, 11:11 PM
A little trick I learned on Soarin' (thanks to DW) If I start to feel disoriented, usually only during car lights at night scene, then I look down at either corner of the screen. It is an oval but if you look bottom left or bottom right there are spaces with no screen. This always helps. Don't miss this ride!:thumbsup: