PDA

View Full Version : Disney moment in San Diego

Cinderelley
01-06-2008, 03:28 AM
My niece got married 12/29, so we went to San Diego for the wedding. On the 30th, I took the kids to Mission Bay, and we went to the little shop area with the roller coaster, etc. While I was walking between the buildings, I smelled "Disney". I know that sounds crazy, but that's what it smelled like. I walked back and forth a couple of times trying to pin it down, while my kids were staring at me like I was insane. Then my daughter said "it smells like Walt Disney World". We never did figure out what it was, but it was nice while it lasted.

Beast_fanatic
01-06-2008, 05:48 PM
It's always nice to get a little unexpected Disney moment... :thumbsup:

meldan98
01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I've been to Mission Bay as well and noticed the exact same thing. I could never figure it out either. Any San Diego people out there that can help us out with this?

Kidsmom
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Ok...I am not crazy.
I lived in San Diego for 8 years (3yrs in Pacific Beach (PB) -next to Mission Beach) and I had flashbacks at Disney this past August to my PB days. There was absolutley a smell. I can't remember which park it was or where I was, but I will keep it in mind when we go back on April.

Cinderelley
01-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Ha! I'm not insane! Well, maybe I am, but not about this. :rotfl:

I just showed these responses to one of my kids to prove that I'm not insane.

I was wondering if it was a combination of the humidity in the air and the rides.