PDA

View Full Version : Question about 180 day ADR time frame

jszczur5
01-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Okay - another dumb question (considering I've done DDP twice before), but I am making ADR's for my own family and for my 2 brothers' families also - meaning 12 people are counting on me to get it right.
Okay here goes: Can I only make ADR's for exactly 180 days forward, meaning for example, that I need to wait until 167 days prior to our first ADR (for a 13 night stay) if I want to make all the ADR's at the same time? I'm not sure if I've explained this well, but essentially calling 180 days prior to our LAST ADR, as opposed to making the call 180 days prior to our first ADR?
Please let me know if the question is not clear enough. Thx.

Melanie
01-06-2008, 03:06 AM
If you are staying onsite, which it looks like you are, you are permitted to make all your ADRs 180 days out from your first day.

Good luck! :eat:

jszczur5
01-06-2008, 03:21 AM
We have not booked our trip yet. We always go at the same time each year and are waiting to see if Disney offers Free Dining again during that period. If they do not offer it, that will affect the length of our trip. Free Dining: 13 nights + 10 days Park Hopper/Water Parks and More passes. No Free Dining: 8 nights + 7 days passes. We will be travelling with my brother's family of four, and will be subsidizing a significant part of his trip, so we need to make it as cost effective as possible. I had planned on making ADR's as soon as I could, and then canceling any we would not need if Free Dining were not offered.

wendy*darling
01-06-2008, 07:57 AM
If you have a resort reservation in the system, you will be allowed to make ADRs for up to 10 nights of your vacation, starting from 180 days prior to your check in. So you would be able to make ADRs for most of your days, but not the last 3. You would have to wait another 3 days, I believe, to make all of those.

But, if you have not yet made your resort reservation, you will have to call daily, 180 days from each ADR date, or wait until 180 days from the LAST reservation you want to make.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Since you're travelling with extended family, and will need ADR's for a larger group, I would make the time to call every day or every other day for ADR's, instead of waiting until 180-days from the last one...just to be sure you get good times and the place you want!

(I did this for our honeymoon...it got to be a joke around the office .... "Heather has to call Disney right now...which one is she booking today?")