PDA

View Full Version : There is a bus from GF to DTD, right?

mickey&missy
01-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I was trying to find info on the monorail system etc and found something that lead me to believe that we would have to take the monorail to TTC and transfer to a bus there. Is this right? No big deal, any excuse to ride the monorail is ok with me. But, we're having dinner at Fulton's on DH's birthday during our trip in March and I want to make sure we have plenty of time!

ibrowse17
01-05-2008, 10:51 PM
As far as I know, there is a direct bus to DTD from all resorts. None from the parks to DTD, though:thumbsup:

faline
01-06-2008, 01:20 PM
There is, indeed, a bus from the Grand Floridian to Downtown Disney. I believe the bus is shared with the Contemporary and the Poly and also stops at one of the water parks.

SBETigg
01-06-2008, 01:35 PM
There is a bus to Downtown Disney directly from (and to) the Grand Floridian. You will probably be sharing a bus with other resorts. When we were there in August, we shared with the Wilderness Lodge, and they always got picked up and dropped off first- but there were usually plenty of seats on the bus, no problem. The bus to Downtown Disney also makes stops at Typhoon Lagoon.

bleukarma
01-06-2008, 02:23 PM
I used this bus last weekend when we decided to have lunch at DTD while we were visiting GF. Our bus didn't stop anywhere else, but it did take quite a long time to get there...at least 35 minutes. Plan on the extra bus time, and have fun!!! :thumbsup:

magicofdisney
01-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I have to agree the bus trip from one of the deluxe resorts to DTD can be lengthy. We didn't plan accordingly and it took us at least 1 1/2 hrs to get there. We picked our bus up at the Contemporary and it did stop at the other deluxes.

DDuck66
01-07-2008, 10:44 AM
We always give ourselves at least an hour to get from the resorts to any of the parks. That was the the one thing we loved about the CR. We could walk to the MK in 5 minutes.