PDA

View Full Version : extra magic hour question

Disneymom65
01-05-2008, 09:26 PM
We have been to Disney 5 times, but have never really taken advantage of the extra magic hours. What parks do you think are the best to go to for this and do you think morning or evening is better? Do you know if the part of Epcot where the different counties are located is open for the evening extra magic hours? I thought this might be a nice time to go to walk around them since we go in june and it is usually very hot during the day.

PeterPan
01-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Depending on how long you stay, you will probably (in June) encounter an Extra Magic Hour almost every evening, and almost every morning. I prefer the evening EMH - especially at Epcot. YES World Showcase will be open for any EMH Epcot might offer. (Park hours and EMH times are already posted here on INTERCOT.)

We tend to avoid the morning EMH - in fact, we go to any park that does NOT offer EMH in the morning. What we usually find is the park pretty much already crammed because of EMH - lines already forming, etc. Unless you are absolutly the first person thru the gate for an EMH morning, you might just avoid it.

Hope this helps. I'm sure you will get more responses than mine.

Speedy1998
01-05-2008, 11:07 PM
IMHO Evening EMH are only worth staying for if you plan on staying till the bitter end. I have actually experienced situations where the crowds got worse during EMH, when everyone staying on property came over from the other parks as they closed. IF you are an early riser like I am go for the morning EMH, we can usually hit every attraction in Fantasyland prior to the gates opening for normal operation.

#1donaldfan
01-06-2008, 12:50 AM
We like both EMH's for different reasons.....the early one usually enables us to ride more and the night one gives us more time to enjoy the late parade and fireworks, then just "mill'' around and ride some rides. We don't try to "hurry" ourselves and thus burn out before our vacation is over....We really have enjoyed Epcot at or around 6 / 7 pm, just walking around the showcase.....that's when we've found it almost empty....we go in and around June / July also....the countries come alive and there are a lot of street shows to enjoy......this of course is our "routine" and I realize each family is very different....have fun....:mickey:

cajunprincess
01-06-2008, 12:59 AM
If your going in the summer months, then I would say evenings are better. It allows us to sleep in, and go to the parks after the worst of the sun is gone. Florida summers can be brutal! We also had a 20 month old on that trip, and the heat really got to him.

javamama
01-06-2008, 01:28 AM
We took our first trip with kids last spring, we had an 8 month old, and 3 year old. So we like the evening hours better, just because if they fell asleep in the double stroller we didn't have to rush, but the morning hours weren't bad either since they were up early as well. It honestly all depends, I base our days on what parks have what EMh, and go from there for dining, and what not.

Disneymom65
01-06-2008, 10:00 AM
thanks for all your input. I would like to go to Magic Kingdom for one of the evening magic hours, but if you stayed to see the parade, would you have to go through all those crowds to get back to the entrance gates first? Do you have to wait until the part actually closes, or could you go get your pass when the fireworks are going off?

ChrisF
01-06-2008, 10:25 AM
First off you must be staying on property at one of Disney's resorts to take advantage of EMH. There are spots in each park where you show your room card, pass and they will put a special band on your wrist for EMH. This is for the evening EMH, never gone to the morning one, not up that early. Ask any CM and they will help you. :mickey:

WDW_Obsessed
01-06-2008, 11:57 AM
We absolutely love the morning EMH's, and think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. We acctually get most of our favorite rides out of the way and leave probably an hour after the rest of the crowds get there and go to a different park. However, we're morning people and it's also just the two of us...no kids. Basically we can book it all over the park at break neck speed before the masses get there. :mickey: But we don't particularly care for the evening EMH's. I agree with a previous post that I feel that the crowds actually get worse. :ack:

disneyworld55925592
01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
EMH in the evening are great but in the morning they tend to make that park busyer, thats what i have noticed. Lines already form in the park. I would take advantage of the evening ones but avoid the morning ones:thumbsup:

dteed
01-06-2008, 05:26 PM
In my opinion EMH evenings work better in the busier times of the year and not so well in the slower times. During the slower times there seems to be alot more people in the particular park than there was during the day. This may have to do with the earlier closing times of the parks during non-peak times. Our one New Years trip the very late EMH was the only time that the MK was tolerable for me.