PDA

View Full Version : Turndown Service - Poly

jokat
01-05-2008, 09:16 PM
What does turndown service entail at the Poly? Is it available to any guests at this resort? Is the only additional expense the tip?

Thank you!

Polynesian Dweller
01-05-2008, 11:32 PM
They turn down the comforter and sheets and leave some chocolates, turn on a light and sometimes the radio. They also may (or may not) replace toiletries and towels. In club level, no extra expense.

It is available to club level, and at one point we got it when we were not in club level. But my understanding is that its not standard to non-club guest. We've only gone club for a number of year so don't know for sure. Perhaps someone else will have details about that.

SBETigg
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
It is my understanding that it's available to all Poly guests by request at no extra cost (but a tip is generally offered, separate from the daily housekeeping tip). They usually replace towels, turn down beds, leave chocolates, sometimes some towel animals, and generally just leave the room in a nice way to welcome you back at night.

TexasPrincessAurora
01-06-2008, 12:18 AM
It is available to all Poly guests, but it is on a as time allows basis. The club level guests are guaranteed turn down service. Once that is complete they do all other requests as time allows. It is something, if you are not staying in a club level room, that you have to request. You can call Mousekeeping when you check in and request it for the duration of your stay.

They always picked up used towels and left new ones, and emptied the trash. They also turned down the beds and left chocolates. They typically arranged our DS's toys on the bed for him too.

We always left a tip for them in a decorated envelope.

KateMW
01-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Oooo I want a towel animal!

I saw it on the travel channel and I've been looking forward to it since then.

Do you tip every night for housekeeping or at the end of your stay?

We're staying on the club level where it's included (right?), so I would think I could just include housekeeping and turndown service into one tip at the end of the week.

TexasPrincessAurora
01-06-2008, 01:30 AM
We always leave our tips each day because you never know if you will have the same Mousekeeper each day or not.

TheRustyScupper
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM
. . . Oooo I want a towel animal . . .

1) Towel animals are at the discretion of the maid.
2) All WDW housekeeping employees are taught basic towel animals.
. . . advanced ones are available in the book
. . . not all temp-agency maids are taught animals
3) Whether you get towel animals depends upon
. . . the maid's time available
. . . the maid's willingness
. . . the maid's training
4) Please do not be disappointed if your do not get them.
5) Just be pleased if the maid leaves this Pixie Dust.

NOTE: Some maids leave towels in every room, every day. Other maids never leave them. It is not a mandatory part of the job, nor are maids judged better or worse if they do or do not leave towel animals.

chicade88
01-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Great point about the towel animals. We went kind of expecting them everyday and had one upon our arrival and that was all. Which was completely fine just not what we were expecting!

Catzle
01-06-2008, 01:46 PM
This will be our 5th year in a row to Disney and have never received a towel animal and we stayed club level several times. So if we ever get one we will be very surprised.

DDuck66
01-07-2008, 10:41 AM
We have had towel animals at the POP, and the CBR, but the one time we stayed at the CR Club Level we did not get any. We always tend to think it is just random "magic". We always display them if we get one, which makes the cleaners more likely to leave another....and a tip as well.

MNNHFLTX
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Turndown service is offered to everyone on a first-come, first-service basis after the club level guests. I'm not sure about requesting it for the length of stay though--when we stayed at the Polynesian, we were told that we needed to put in a request for this service daily, as needed.

SBETigg
01-07-2008, 04:12 PM
We didn't even request it at the Grand Floridian and we had nightly turn-down, staying lagoon view not club level. I really didn't think I would care one way or the other about it, but it was really nice coming back to a refreshed room every night. We tipped housekeeping twice a day, morning and evening. We often had the same housekeeper in the morning, but not every morning and not the same at night, from what we could tell.