PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass

SoaringDisney
01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Can someone explain to me how the Disney PhotoPass works? Is it easy to do? Expensive?

biodtl
01-05-2008, 07:54 PM
When you enter the parks, you'll see CM photographers around (especially near entrances and large icons). If you ask them to take a photo, they will give you a card that you keep with you for the duration of your trip and give to any photographer that takes your photo. Then all of your photos are stored digitally and you can log on to the website after your trip and purchase photos or a cd. It can be a bit pricey, but if you have a lot of photos, the cd can be worth it.

Also - they can take some "fun" pics where it looks like you are holding a character in you hands - like Tink or Simba.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Very easy...

Go to any of park photogs (all parks dressed in kahki vests)... have your picture done. Tell them you need a photopass. They will scan the pictures they just took of you onto the card. Present the card anywhere the Disney Photopass picture takers are (ALL OVER!!!) and they will scan all your pics onto there. When you get home, go to www.disneyphotopass.com and register (it is FREE) and then imput the code on the back of the photopass. Then your pics will show up and you can edit them, add borders, little pictures, signatures, park emblems, etc. Then you can buy them if you want, but you can share them with friends for free (just click on share). If you purchase the cd before you leave for the parks, it is $100 and you get ALL the pics from your trip and you can edit photos (so you can end up with a bunch of variations on one photo and it is included) and then you can get the CD when you get home.

ktflisa
01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I wanted to add that if you forget your photo pass in your room it's okay, just get another one. You can combine them when you get home. On our last trip we pre-purchased the CD and it was well worth it. DH and I went with my brother and his family, who had never been before, so we took a ton of pictures with the park photographers. Then when I got home I could add any border or zoom any way I wanted, saved it - when I got the CD there were more than 200 photos! :mickey:

Test Track photos can be added to your photo pass - I'm hoping other rides will follow.

The photos are only available online for a period of time (maybe 90 days?) and then they are gone. It doesn't cost anything unless you buy some photos. One thing I noticed in 2006 - we went to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. One of the perks was 1/2 price photo pass photos. Well, it applied to ALL of our photo pass photos from the whole trip. So every 5x7 I ordered was half the normal price. Don't know if that was a glitch... but it was nice then!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-05-2008, 08:17 PM
The photos are only available online for a period of time (maybe 90 days?) and then they are gone. It doesn't cost anything unless you buy some photos. One thing I noticed in 2006 - we went to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. One of the perks was 1/2 price photo pass photos. Well, it applied to ALL of our photo pass photos from the whole trip. So every 5x7 I ordered was half the normal price. Don't know if that was a glitch... but it was nice then!

2 things: Photos are online for 30 days. Then they go away... sad. Also: the discount on photos from the parties DOES apply to all the photos on your pass, which is awesome for us as we go so often... we get about a month a half worth of photos for the discounted price because we have the party photopass (so if you do P&P or MNNSHP or MVMCP then get the special photopass for those events as the code with the photos is also the coupon code).

Here we go again...
01-06-2008, 04:49 AM
We went with 2 families at Christmas time one year. We both took family photos every chance we got. At the end of the week we had over 200 pictures combined. We were able to put all of those pictures together and split the cost. Once we got home we buned a copy of the CD for the other family (yes, it does come with a release). We all got great Christmas cards.

Donald A
01-13-2008, 03:55 PM
PhotoPass is the way to go. Any photographer working with them will explain it to you. We used PhotoPass last week and got some awesome pictures.

Miss Mouse
01-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Photos are online for 30 days. Then they go away... sad.

Quick question - do the photos go away 30 days after they are taken in the parks, or 30 days after you register your photopass card online?

Duchess99
01-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Photo Pass is great. You get professional photos at great locations.
We didn't get enough photos taken to make the CD worth it for us, but we did make a book out of our pictures. The book is really fun because you can use the PP pics and Disney stock photos as well as your own photos that you can upload to the website. You can pick backgrounds and add captions to your pics. The book then comes leather bound in the mail and is a GREAT keepsake. And the thing that I loved is that it was cheaper than the CD...about $80. That was well worth it for us and it's a lot of fun to make. We keep it on the coffee table and it's something we can show to people when they come over...a CD would probably just get thrown in a drawer.:thumbsup:
Miss Mouse..they expire 30 days after you register your card if I remember correctly.

McGoofy
01-13-2008, 06:09 PM
We love to get a Photospass photographer to take our pics whenever we can. We usually do wind up buying our favorite pic. However, it is really fun to share the link to all of the professional photos (that for change include ALL of the members of our family!) with all of our friends and family when we return home. You can share this link to the photos for free for 30 days.:mickey:

McGoofy
01-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Quick question - do the photos go away 30 days after they are taken in the parks, or 30 days after you register your photopass card online?

Forgot to mention this in my previous post...It is 30 days after you register your card online. Also, WDW sends plenty of warning to your e-mail letting you know when your photos are about to expire.