PDA

View Full Version : saying hello to intercotees in the parks

briguy
01-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Perhaps I'm just out of the loop, but how do you identify fellow intercotees, whether guests or castmembers in the parks? I will be there next week and would love to say hello to the wonderful cast members and other posters.

Main Street Jim
01-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Well, with us CMs that are on here, we can't obviously wear anything identifying us as Intercotees...I tell people coming down to just e-mail me about a week ahead of time and I'll let them know where they can find me :thumbsup::mickey:

disneydoug
01-05-2008, 08:54 AM
I have been fortunate enough to meet and take a picture of Main Street Jim. I emailed him and he told me where to look for him.

I met Piglet822 by chance on the ferry boat a few weeks ago. Her boyfriend was wearing an intercot shirt.

Doug

#1donaldfan
01-05-2008, 09:34 AM
I can't remember who, but last year sometime, someone mentioned making a keychain "thingy" to hang off a pack / bag.....it sounded pretty good and next time I go, I'm going to copy the intercot symbol and hang it off my Disney backpack.....hopefully someone will notice it.....about the e-mailing just before leaving and letting CM's we're coming.....my very dumb question is, how do we know who's a CM and who is not, here on intercot...???? :confused:

kakn7294
01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
I wear an Intercot pin but unless someone is up close studying my pins, it's not likely to be noticed. In August, I put a sign in my room window with the Intercot 10th logo and my screen name on it hoping that someone else from Intercot would see it and leave me a note or something but no such luck. Still, I'll try again next year! Perhaps I'll borrow the keychain idea too.

ibrowse17
01-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I have worn both my Intercot cap and T-shirt in the parks on our last two tips. As yet, I have not had the pleasure of meeting any fellow Intercotees. I will have my cap on once again on our next trip, 2-6 Feb 08:thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
01-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I've only met three, (pre-arranged), and missed kakn7294 in the crowd last year.

I wear my shirt - I guess the problem is that it's always in the low 40's, and it's under lots of other outerwear.:freeze:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-05-2008, 08:42 PM
I met Jessica in The Emporium last month when I was there.

I remembered she had it posted in her signature. I was in there during MVMCP and saw her name tag. I took a chance and asked her if she was on Intercot.

I was right and it was great to meet her. :thumbsup:

pogo
01-05-2008, 09:15 PM
It is really hard to identify us in the parks. :spy: We are undercover.

But you can go to the "Disney Meets" forum and post your dates there.

We did this last April and 18 of us got together at MK and had a blast.

Good luck and enjoy your trip. :D

Jobasha3000
01-05-2008, 09:53 PM
I'll be playing drums and singing with the scituate high school symphonic band and choruses respectively in late march

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-06-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm almost always at the Emporium. I cut all my hair off though, so it's really short (think like...Victoria Beckham short) and I wear glasses. So...that's me. I'm usually happy (unless you know, it's been like..one of those days) and I talk/sing/dance alot!

I love meeting Intercotees!

trackbarroness
01-06-2008, 05:09 AM
My signature says tomorroland but I work the Stitch side. And would love to meet other intercottees at work err I mean at the park. :D

Main Street Jim
01-06-2008, 07:30 AM
my very dumb question is, how do we know who's a CM and who is not, here on intercot...???? No dumb question at all ;)
You can usually tell who the real park CMs are by our signatures or by our posts :D If you're not sure, just ask :thumbsup:

Piglet822
01-06-2008, 10:18 AM
When I go to the parks I usually wear one of my INTERCOT shirts. It was very ironic the day that I met DisneyDoug that Jim was wearing the shirt and I wasn't, lol. In all the times I've worn an INTERCOT shirt, that was only the 2nd time I've ever had a chance meeting.
But, I keep hoping :)

iheartdisney
01-06-2008, 11:07 AM
When I've worn my Intercot t-shirt I've received hello's from fellow Intercotees but I will say this...I am amazed at how many self described Disney nuts have never heard of Intercot - including CMs. I field questions about "what IS Intercot?" when I wear my shirt. Of course, I'm always happy to spread the good news about this wonderful site!

kakn7294
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm almost always at the Emporium. I cut all my hair off though, so it's really short (think like...Victoria Beckham short) and I wear glasses. So...that's me. I'm usually happy (unless you know, it's been like..one of those days) and I talk/sing/dance alot!

I love meeting Intercotees!I might have met you in August - only I didn't know it was someone from Intercot. In the Emporium, I was helped by a cute girl who had brown hair and was really perky and obviously great at her job. I think her name tag said Jessica - it's my niece's name too. I always read the CM's nametags - I like to use their names and talk about where they are from. You meet some great people that way! Perhaps we should start a thread somewhere (unless there is one I haven't seen?) that lists all the CM's who don't mind being found and where they generally work.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Well, that had to be me because I am the only Jessica there at the moment! Though it could have been someone on extra hours, but I don't think there was anyone with my name.

I think I'll go get the pirate ears and wear them so that I match my name on here and then it will be like: "Pirate Ears...Jessica...Captain Jessica....INTERCOT!!"

Also, glad to know you think I'm good at my job! I like to think so too...but there are times when I'm not as perky. :(

WDW_Obsessed
01-06-2008, 11:38 AM
I never even knew there was interecot t shirts and pins! :cool: But I did meet another intercottee in the line at the Epcot EMH line. It was fun...I don't even know how we got on the subject, but it was crazy!:rocks:

kmo84
01-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I can't belive of all the times I've been to Disney World, I have never seen anyone in an Intercot shirt.

I've often looked for the castmembers I see post here, too. No luck!

I'd love to get a chance to say hello to some of you from here.:rocks:

DrWorm2008
01-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I am totally going to order a shirt and hat and pin in the next few days, and I will happily flaunt them when I show up at Epcot later this month!:party:

CaptainSad
01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I was down the week of Dec 16th-23rd and was wearing my Intercot Baseball cap. I did not notice anyone else wearing Intercot hats,shirts or pins. I was kind of hoping someone would say hi. But I guess nobody noticed. I will try next time.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I think I'll go get the pirate ears and wear them so that I match my name on here and then it will be like: "Pirate Ears...Jessica...Captain Jessica....INTERCOT!!"

Just as long as you keep wearing that reindeer Mickey hat at Xmas time! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
01-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I wear an Intercot pin but unless someone is up close studying my pins, it's not likely to be noticed. In August, I put a sign in my room window with the Intercot 10th logo and my screen name on it hoping that someone else from Intercot would see it and leave me a note or something but no such luck. Still, I'll try again next year! Perhaps I'll borrow the keychain idea too.

Kathy, keep me in the loop and we'll do something together. This will be cool. I would put a sign on our door at OKW, but I don't think anyone would ever see it. I'll have to make Ben a tag to hang on his camelbak. Hopefully someone will notice. However, in August, I didn't even notice DWHubby's tshirt until he walked up and spoke to us. DUH!!

I looked for you the week of Dec 14-21st, but I never saw you. Kathy and I will look for you in August.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-07-2008, 10:35 AM
You know, the problem with the reindeer ones was that they were discontinued from last year so a lot of guests were like "Oh those are cute, where can I get them" and I had to explain we no longer sold them!

Of course, one guest did offer me $20 for it (jokingly)...I should have accepted since I only paid $1. But it's against my morals and Disney policy.

KAJUNKING
01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
i am going to order a intercot hat to where my next trip in sept 08

TheRustyScupper
01-07-2008, 01:52 PM
1) When in the parks as a guest,
. . . I wear an Intercot pin on my straw hat
. . . This is right next to my Mickey-on-a-Harley pin
2) When working, no Intercot tags,
. . . But, folks do say "HI" when they check-in
. . . Or, when they need tickets, etc.

McGoofy
01-08-2008, 06:30 AM

I looked for you in the Emporium on 12/20, but I didn't see any Jessica's. When I returned home, I sent you a PM to see if you were working and for you to pass along a "thank you" to a sweet CM named Fay that I met. I will have to look for you next time I am at the MK.

As for everybody else...I have one Intercot t-shirt, and I pick one day each trip to wear the shirt. In all my many trips, only one person has ever actually identified himself as an Intercot member to me. That was fun. The only other member that I have personally met is TBY2225 because she doesn't live too far from me, and we arranged to meet, but it wasn't at WDW. That was the beginning of a great friendship. I have truly enjoyed getting to know people here at Intercot. I would love to put faces to names, so hopefully I will run into some of you at the parks!

Diznee4Me
01-08-2008, 08:54 AM
I wore mine around MK on Thanksgiving day but didn't meet anyone. :(

I did run into Main Street Jim when he was working at Splash several years ago. :thumbsup:

SoaringEpcot
01-08-2008, 09:54 AM
I wore my two intercot shirts and my hat the first week of December, and the only comment I got was from a CM during the Segway ride that said, "Hum, Intercot, that is a pretty good site."

Also I did not see anyone else with Intercot apparel on, but then I again I was too busy having a good time.

MickeyChick
01-08-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll be at WDW from Jan 25-Feb 1. If I order an Intercot shirt right now, will I get it in time to take on the trip? I'd love to meet any of the nice people here who have made planning my trip so easy and fun. I feel all expert-ish now!

DrWorm2008
01-09-2008, 08:57 PM
I ordered the Intercot hat and shirt combo, but they sold out of all the pins!!! :envy: Oh, well....I will be sure to wear my gear when I go back in a few weeks! :mickey:

MushuMulan
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I know a lot of Intercotees through my mom, met a lot of them at the parks, and even though most of them are older than me, it's still fun to meet them!

Just as well, we've got lots of merchandise for Intercot (the flashing necklace thing is my favorite), you can be sure the next time we got to WDW or DLR I'll be wearing it :mickey:.

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 02:46 PM
I have never seen anyone wearing any Intercot logo items. I will have to redouble my efforts.

Wannagoback
01-12-2008, 01:17 AM
I bought the intercot t-shirt just before our December trip last month, and wore it on our first day there at EPCOT..... Sadly no one noticed the shirt so I wasn't able to meet any intercotee's.....:(

Here's a pic of me in my shirt with both of my DD's in front of our room at POP as we were heading out to EPCOT.....Picture (http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff199/mrcraft2u/WDW%20Dec%202007%20Day%201/?action=view&current=IMG_0009.jpg)

Feel free to check out the rest of our pictures while your there.