PDA

View Full Version : Room recommendationsfor FQ

declansdad
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
DW and I are taking a romantic trip in August and booked POFQ. Any recommendations fo room locations? Quiet and away from the pool.

Donald's Girl
01-04-2008, 11:39 PM
We loved our room in building 1. We had a second floor, king size bed corner. Balcony overlooked the Sassagoula River and was very quiet, peaceful and romantic! But, we really do prefer the gracious Mansions of Riverside. The grounds and gazeboes are wonderful!
Have a great romantic time! We think Disney is the best vacation spot for couples.

CleveRocks
01-05-2008, 06:43 AM
DW and I are taking a romantic trip in August and booked POFQ. Any recommendations fo room locations? Quiet and away from the pool.Any rooms facing the pool are classified as "water view" rooms. You must reserve and pay extra for a room in that category.

So in other words, you shouldn't need to make any special request to not face the pool.

If you want the very most out of the way building, request Building 1.

Kairi_7378
01-05-2008, 09:43 AM
We loved Building 7. It is on the edge of the resort and we were on the 3rd floor and faced into a courtyard. We were close to the path to POR if we wanted to take a walk and we were far away from the pool.

garymacd
01-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Whichever building you stay in, and they are all great, don't forget to request a King Bed Room. I think they are corner units. Very nice.

ibrowse17
01-05-2008, 11:50 AM
We had a room in building 6 (6127) on our last trip. Ist floor and right by the river. We found it to be very quiet and relaxing:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
01-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Whichever building you stay in, and they are all great, don't forget to request a King Bed Room. I think they are corner units. Very nice.

At POFQ, a room with a king-size bed is an upgrade that you must reserve and pay for. You could get lucky if you merely request it, but keep in mind that everyone who actually reserved and paid for that upgrade is in line ahead of you. And the odds are stacked against you if you merely request ...

Only 62 of POFQ's 1,008 rooms are equipped with king-size beds. That's too few to leave to chance ... so if having a king-size bed is important to you, then you need to reserve and pay for that category of room.

Pirate Granny
01-05-2008, 07:29 PM
We reserved a king bed and water view (river NOT pool)...there are only a few rooms with both, so we were asked (when we checked in) to pick either river view or king size bed...I thought that most of the corner rooms were king beds, but I was told that wasn't true...
We've been in Bldg 5 and 6...I never selected 1 or 7 as I didn't want to take the chance of facing the parking lot... You'll love the FQ...and I loved the walk along the river to POR refilled my tea and the walk back...ENJOY.
:pirate:

Not2Loud
01-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Honestly, I have never had a bad stay at FQ. I will be there for two nights later this month and look quite forward to it!

pogo
01-05-2008, 09:02 PM
We loved Building 7. It is on the edge of the resort and we were on the 3rd floor and faced into a courtyard. We were close to the path to POR if we wanted to take a walk and we were far away from the pool.
So did we ! Building 7...... third floor.... short walk to Bus's, food, pool, and Boatwrights @ POR. Very quiet and romantic. We were there for our anniversary. :D

CleveRocks
01-05-2008, 09:09 PM
We reserved a king bed and water view (river NOT pool)...there are only a few rooms with both, so we were asked (when we checked in) to pick either river view or king size bed...
Just to clarify for others thinking of doing it this way.

You CAN'T reserve both a water view room AND a king-size bed room. Disney actually won't take your money for both upgrades. When you make your reservation, you will be forced to choose one or the other. The one you pay for and reserve will be the one you are guaranteed. You can request the other one, and hope you get it.

So to repeat: at POFQ you simply can't reserve and pay for a king-size bed in a water view room. You can pay for a king-size bed and request a water view, OR pay for water view and request a king-size bed.

Now as to "reserving" a river view and not a pool view. This is simply impossible to do. You can put in a request that the view be of the river, but there simply is no way for them to code into the central reservations system to reserve a river view and not a pool view ... simply not possible. It will simply be a matter of pixie dust. Have the request noted on your reservation, and ask the CM nicely at time of check-in.

garymacd
01-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Just to clarify for others thinking of doing it this way.

You CAN'T reserve both a water view room AND a king-size bed room. Disney actually won't take your money for both upgrades. When you make your reservation, you will be forced to choose one or the other. The one you pay for and reserve will be the one you are guaranteed. You can request the other one, and hope you get it.

So to repeat: at POFQ you simply can't reserve and pay for a king-size bed in a water view room. You can pay for a king-size bed and request a water view, OR pay for water view and request a king-size bed.

Now as to "reserving" a river view and not a pool view. This is simply impossible to do. You can put in a request that the view be of the river, but there simply is no way for them to code into the central reservations system to reserve a river view and not a pool view ... simply not possible. It will simply be a matter of pixie dust. Have the request noted on your reservation, and ask the CM nicely at time of check-in.

You are correct about that. King rooms are very limited; but the view of the gardens from these rooms is wonderful. I don't think I have seen a room that has a view of the parking lots. They are all well screened by hedges and trees.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Building 1 and 7 are the furthest away from the central hub of the resort. 7 is also the closest to POR by walkway so I would request that one. You can walk over to POR and do the horse and carriage ride. Make reservations as soon as you arrive and take the time slot close to fireworks. We were touring the resort this way and could see epcot illuminations (fireworks) over the tree tops. Very romantic! They also allow drinks on board so go to the food court at POR and get a small bottle of wine and two plastic wine glasses to take on the carriage ride. Hope this helps! Seems like it was $30 plus a tip for driver for 30 minutes.