PDA

View Full Version : Member Services are not what they used to be!

dlpmikki
01-04-2008, 04:28 PM
I just rang member services. One of my queries related to the new room category of close to Hospitality House at OKW. The CM proceeded to tell me that no such thing existed and it was only a request. I thought this was particularly interesting as one of my other bookings is already showing this category on the DVC website! I tried to explain what it was but he was adamant it was only a request. Just in case I was going a bit crazy I just looked back at the fall issue of Vacation Magic where it is down there in black and white.

Throughout the call I felt he was jumping to conclusions without waiting for or checking the facts until pressed to do so. I was left with several things I will need to ring back on because of this and the fact his computer systems were not apparently working properly.

Ian
01-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Sadly, this isn't just Member Services that has this issue. I would say well in excess of 50% of the time I deal with CM's I find I have to tell them how to do their jobs.

Disney's internal training and communication is horrendous.

Although I will say I'd expect better from Member Services, considering the clientele they service consists of their most loyal customers.

Horizon93
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
That is crazy that a member services person would not know about that special booking category. As Mikki said, all they would have to do is read their own magazine! I have heard that many of them are confused about the various booking categories at AKV. I mean, every Monday, the team I work with has a meeting. It keeps the 5 of us on the same page. It means that we all have the correct information for any question that could be asked. We are not Disney. We are a school! You mean to tell me that they don't have regular meetings with the member services staff? With all of the changes that occur over a year, you would think that would be a no brainer!

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-04-2008, 07:40 PM
IT is sad indeed to see that DVC service is sinking just as service in the rest of WDW is doing downhill.
And to think, not even 10 yrs ago Disney customer service was the "gold standard" of the industry and they actually conducted seminars for other companies on providing a top notch customer experience.
My how things have changed...:(

Horizon93
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
IT is sad indeed to see that DVC service is sinking just as service in the rest of WDW is doing downhill.
And to think, not even 10 yrs ago Disney customer service was the "gold standard" of the industry and they actually conducted seminars for other companies on providing a top notch customer experience.
My how things have changed...:(

They still do. I attended the Disney's Keys To Excellence workshop in Philly in September. It was excellent. I took many of those ideas back to my job. They should deliver the same message to their cast.

Don't get me wrong, there are still many great cast members. Most of the member services cast that I have dealt with have been great. My guide, the cast I met at OKW, and many others are doing a Disney quality job. It just seems that so many of the cast have not received the proper training and do not have the proper supervision holding them to the true Disney standard.

Ian
01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Ed, you're doing better than I am. I've called Member Services about ten times thus far and only twice have I gotten CM's that I thought were up to Disney standards.

And the staff I've met at SSR hasn't been that great, either. Most of them are mediocre, at best. Half of them don't speak English and couldn't even be bothered with you.

I actually find it sort of humorous that Disney still gives classes in customer service, considering that their service is about on par with Wal-Mart's these days.

Horizon93
01-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Ia:thedolls:n, I have been lucky. I think that I have actually gotten some of the same CMs when I have called. Seriously though, the OKW cast were really great.

If they could afford us, WDW could use some Intercotees to teach the Disney magic.

JPL
01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
well so far all my experiences with Member Service have been frustrating at best to down right infuriating :mad:

Aurora
01-08-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't interact with member services often but I have to say that my expectations are not that high anymore, so maybe that's why they continue to be exceeded. Our last trip in December was wonderful, and all the cast members we came across, including and especially at SSR, were generally friendly and helpful. Granted, it was a VERY slow time of year.

In terms of CMs not speaking English, I'm sure that has to do with the labor market and Disney not paying a high-enough wage to attract other workers.