PDA

View Full Version : Jan 4. No new items to report.. yet

Patricia
01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
So far Magic Month is starting out slow.. with no new items being released yet.

They have been known to release things later in the morning, so we'll see what happens.

chrisb26
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
It seems to me VMK likes to always go from one extreme to another. Take last month for example there where so many new items people had troubles having enough credits now this month nothing. They can't find a medium :D

I guess you where right Jp when you said "I guess we know why VMK is taking so long to judge rooms because they have nothing planned for this month" Which if nothing comes out until this judging is over you're right.

I'm just kind of mad since Yavn said in the newsletter "If you like Magic you're going to go crazy this month". I guess he meant that as in we have nothing but you think we do so you will go crazy waiting. ;)

Oh well they did a good job last month I guess I would have just like to have seen it continue.

bigpapiortiz34
01-06-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm just kind of mad since Yavn said in the newsletter "If you like Magic you're going to go crazy this month". I guess he meant that as in we have nothing but you think we do so you will go crazy waiting. ;)

Haha! :rotfl:

Anyways, I am thinking....

Could the Magic Shop in Disneyland be coming to VMK? That's why there is nothing new yet? Trying to get the finishing touches on that?

Apparently there is a NEW billboard at the Esplanade saying something like:
Something magical is coming to Main Street

:eyes:

I have a feeling it could be a Magic Shop!

Hopefully, this is the reason why no new stuff has been coming out for this month yet!

chrisb26
01-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Could the Magic Shop in Disneyland be coming to VMK? That's why there is nothing new yet? Trying to get the finishing touches on that?

Apparently there is a NEW billboard at the Esplanade saying something like:
Something magical is coming to Main Street

:eyes:

I have a feeling it could be a Magic Shop!

You know I was actually thinking the same thing. How it would be awesome if they made a room like the old Spell room or Discovery Island room. I know they where popular. Guess We'll just have to wait and see.

Here is a picture (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/VMK/MagicBillboard.jpg)

WDWfanatic742
01-06-2008, 04:50 PM
From what I understand from that billboard, VMK is adding a new room that will link from the main street room to this magic shop.

You know, this got me thinking. I personally think that they need to do away with this one shop per land rule, and instead need to make the little personal shops that we all know and love from the rest main street. You can start by trying and make all the little shops that are in the real Disney parks, or at least shift them a little bit and take only the best of the best shops. If they had to make a link on the map page, put a little pull down button somewhere and then you can just list every room.

It doesn't just stop at Main Street either. If they added more ride specific rooms, and not just some of the general area rooms that they have here and there, you can add a bunch of the stores selling those themed items. Make a pirates shop close to pirates and sell only the pirate items.

They'd have to completely demolish Tomorrowland though as half of the land is just genernic themed rooms, not actually having anything to do with real Disney movies or rides :D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Always thought that VMK's layout needed to be reorganized. I don't even visit those rooms anymore because there's never anything new. Hopefully something will attract our attention this time! :)

varcity
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Don't forget, though, with more shops comes more need for credits. I would like to see more mini games before we can get more shops.

TinkRocks
01-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm wondering if they'd make VMK Central store into the Magic Shop. At the moment - there are only cameras, film, and photo albums there...

Yes - VMK needs a little re-organization, and definitely more mini-games. If they are lacking in ideas for games - bring back the original fireworks and pirates games!! The credits awarded for the games also need revision...

jjramsey
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes - VMK needs a little re-organization, and definitely more mini-games. If they are lacking in ideas for games - bring back the original fireworks and pirates games!! The credits awarded for the games also need revision...

...and I hope they don't make any more one credit per clam (if you are lucky) games! They would get a lot more people into the car/sea games if they would give out credits on a basis related to the amount of time you put into the game as compared to pirates or haunted mansion.

Patricia
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Not to mention, the Jungle Cruise could use a new scoring system. Right now, unless your getting a high score, there is no reason to waste any time in there.

JPL
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
With 2000 credit hats I think it's time to up the credit output of the games.

chrisb26
01-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I'd have to agree with fixing the credits for the mini games. Some items are way too many credits and they are not increasing the payout from the games. I don't think this is very fair if you ask me. I was happy last month actually because most of the Christmas Items where very reasonably priced. Although with the amount of them it would have been nice to have an extra credit day or something.

Now as far as them adding all the stores like they have in the parks. I don't think I agree with this. Right now there are five stores and often when I want to buy things I don't remember which store it is in. If they increase the amount of stores like say 10-15 this would be even worse. If VMK where to do this I would think they would need to make it so you could see what was in every store like a list or something.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
With all these ideas, the VMK players should be running VMK instead! :D