PDA

View Full Version : We want park tix linked to room key - How does it work with DVC?

SignguyTom
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I know the DDP is a little different for DVCers, as that you cannot pay ahead of time. Is the same true with the park tickets? We really want our park tickets linked to our room keys (party of 7 w/1 child) when we check in at BWV in May. How do we go about doing this?

I have heard that you cannot purchase your tickets from a ticket broker and do it. Can the tickets be purchased from Disney ahead of time or should we wait and purchase them at the resort? Can we order them ahead and pay upon check-in (like DDP)? Do we use DVC Member Services or the regular Disney Guest Services? What is the simplest way? I'd rather pay a little more for the quickest, simplest method.

Oh yeah - we are staying 8 nights at BWV + 2 at Pop Century. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

wendy*darling
01-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't really have an answer for you. This has never been something we have thought was important to do. And when we have APs, it's not doable at all.

BUT... I wanted to throw out a word of caution. Since you will have 2 resorts during your stay, you will have 2 room keys. Making that switch with ticket days involved can be tricky at best.
I had that experience with some of my Boy Scouts this past summer who spent a couple days with mom & dad in a resort before joining the group at the campground. Their park passes never did seem right- causing me to stand in line at Guest Services on many occasions just to get them in for EMH, or into the park at all. It just seemed like a lot more trouble than it's worth.

If it were me, I'd keep them separate. (Just my opinion)

JPL
01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
I agree once they got rid of the length of stay option I always had separate tickets and now with my AP it's not an option. I think too many want everything linked to their rooms keys which on one hand is good but yet can also be troublesome in certain situations.

Kidsmom
01-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks for starting this thread!I never knew any of this.

We are going on our first DVC trip in April. We are 8 days at AKLV and want 8 park days; no hoppers. There are 6 in our family and then my Mom and Dad are joining us for the last 4 nights.

Please clarify:
We have to wait till we get there to get our park tickets? where?
We get actual tickets not just using our room keys?
Do we still get the discount for buying so many days tickets? (by day 7 or 8 it is about $2 a person)
What is the length of stay option?
Any issues with Mom and Day coming later?
We are not to DDP.

Thanks for the input...this never entered my mind!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Just wanted to mention that I had purchased 2 three days passes here at home from The Disney Store in late November.
When I went in December I asked the CM at the check in counter at BWV if he could link the passes to my and my friends room keys. He checked on the computer (I guess to see if they were still good) and said no problem.
He linked the tickets to the room key and we had the one card for the three days we were there.

I am not quite sure if that is exactly what was asked but, maybe it might help.

wendy*darling
01-05-2008, 12:26 PM
I wanted to clarify... I think it's fine to link your passes to your room key in most situations. And DVC is no different when it comes to doing this than any other resort.
You can buy your tickets at the Disney Store at home, or purchase them when you check in (right at the front desk). (I had not heard that they couldn't link tickets from brokers, but that might be true)

My only concern is when you switch resorts during your stay- the ticket piece has a lot of opportunity to get messed up in the mix.

wendy*darling
01-05-2008, 12:41 PM
We have to wait till we get there to get our park tickets? where?
No, you can purchase them at your local Disney Store, or through a broker- such as INTERCOT sponsor The Official Ticket Center. (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)

We get actual tickets not just using our room keys?
Yes, you can get an actual ticket. The Disney Store tickets are the plastic credit-card type. The tickets from brokers are most often a card stock/heavyweight paper.

Do we still get the discount for buying so many days tickets? (by day 7 or 8 it is about $2 a person)
On multi-day passes, the more days you buy, the less expensive each day becomes.

What is the length of stay option?
That was a term used for resort packages in the past. You purchased a park pass equal to your length of stay and it was automatically on your room key.

Any issues with Mom and Day coming later?
We are not to DDP.
There should not be any trouble as far as park passes are concerned. If they are staying in your villa- they will need to be on your reservation. So you will need to have a villas large enough to accommodate 8 people (2 bedroom or Grand Villa).

Kidsmom
01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Thank you wendy-darling.

Very helpful!

KevGuy
01-11-2008, 04:07 PM
You can have your park tickets linked to your room key no problem. I know many people that do this all the time.

Donald A
01-13-2008, 04:02 PM
My in-laws and brothers did it last week with their 6 day park hoppers on their BCV key. However, my wife and I were unable to do it with our APs.