PDA

View Full Version : New Parade at EPCOT???

DDuck66
01-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Has anyone heard if EPCOT is going to get a new daytime parade?? I had heard a rumor a year or two ago, but nothing ever came of it. I was looking at some old pictures off the Tapestry of Dreams and Tapestry of Nations and we sure miss that parade. I love to listen to the soundtrack on the EPCOT CD!

Ian
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Ugh. I'm right there with you. Every night right before RoE starts I find myself dreaming of the days of ToN. I loved that parade.

I wish they'd bring it back. Or something similar, at least.

dolphinmickey9170
01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Ugh. I'm right there with you. Every night right before RoE starts I find myself dreaming of the days of ToN. I loved that parade.

I wish they'd bring it back. Or something similar, at least.

You are so right, Ian. It is my ALL TIME Favorite parade!! It gives me gooooooose bumps every time I hear it. I watch it on you tube, but it just isn't the same.

BeccaO
01-04-2008, 10:25 AM
That was an awesome parade!! One of my favorites, I even had a t-shirt and the sound track. I will have to look it up on you-tube!!!

GrumpyFan
01-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm usually not one for the parades, but I have to agree, that was one of the best and most enjoyable parades. It was very interactive, upbeat and fun.

Tinkerfreak
01-04-2008, 01:17 PM
We have been going for a few years now and seen all of the different parades and my DD still remembers seeing this parade (ToN) the first year we went and it is still her favorite. She was only 6 years old at the time but still talks about it. The next year when we went it was gone and she still wishes they would bring it back.

JPL
01-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I know the reason ToN left was mostly insurance costs and liability due to the nature of the Puppets used. I did hear rumblings they were trying to come up with a new parade a few years back but I don't think the design of World Showcase could handle too much in the way of parades. I remember the nightmare of traffic flow with ToN during busy times and I think this is one of the big hold ups.