PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash

princessjojo
01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I've seen a little about Disney's new Block Party Bash, but still can't find a lot about it yet. Does anyone know anything about this, what times will it happen during the day, or anything else for that matter. What I have been able to find about it makes it sound like a lot of fun, especially for, well everyone.

Thanks ahead for the information!!!

DDuck66
01-04-2008, 09:34 AM
I found a bunch of videos on "you tube" when I first heard that it is coming here. It looks like a lot of fun. I think that the Disney Studios needs several new upgrades and a new parade is a good start.

dolphinmickey9170
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM
This is all that the disney website is posting.
Opening Spring 2008
Block Party Bash!

Featuring over 20 Disney*Pixar characters including Woody, Buzz, Mike and Sulley, this incredible parade doubles as a high-energy street spectacular, complete with amazing music, fantastic floats, one-of-a-kind trampoline units, aerial acrobatics and endless surprises.
Come join in on the fun at this wonderful and wild celebration, new to Disney's Hollywood Studios™.I just got my "Insider" and this was posted:

Ready...Set...Play!
Disney·Pixar's Block Party Bash invites all ages to play along
When is a parade not a parade? When it's Block Party Bash (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/entertainment/entertainmentDetail?id=BlockPartyBashEntertainment Page), a new kind of interactive entertainment experience that will be making its way through Disney's Hollywood Studios™ (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkLanding?id=MGMLandingPage) beginning spring 2008.
"It's a traveling interactive Guest experience," said Disney Creative Entertainment Show Director Denise Pace. "It's bigger than any parade."
Look out world, here it comes!
Imagine you're on Hollywood Boulevard and suddenly the street fills with gigantic floats and several adjacent stages adorned with giant children's blocks, as more than 80 performers—including over 20 favorite Disney·Pixar Characters. And they've been looking forward to having lots of fun with Guests like you.
"The hosts are the Green Army Men from 'Toy Story'," explained Show Producer Thomas Tryon. "It's their mission to get everyone ready to play, dance and otherwise join in. This is a real opportunity for you to have fun with Disney·Pixar Characters like you've never done before."
Let's play at the movies
Depending on where you're standing, you'll be welcomed into the fun by a cast of Disney performers and characters from any one of three major movie floats. It might be Woody, Jessie, Buzz Lightyear and Mr. Potato Head from the "Toy Story" films. It could be Flik, Princess Atta and Heimlich from Disney·Pixar's "A Bug's Life." Or it might be Mike Wazowski, Sulley and Boo from Disney·Pixar's "Monsters, Inc."
You'll also see some fun supporting characters from the films that will be fun to see in person at the Park. "We've got 'Monsters, Inc.' guys like Needleman and Smitty, who are the monsters that work in the factory," said Denise. "We even have George who is that orange guy who's got a kid's sock on his back in the movie. You might even see the sock. It's hysterical."
The fun reaches super heights when Mr. Incredible, ElastiGirl and Frozone from Disney·Pixar's "The Incredibles" appear on the scene to join in the playing and partying.
Trampolines, stilt walkers and toys galore
In addition to all the characters, each unit features spectacular performances, incredible dances and, in particular, awesome acrobatics on a series of trampolines. These intricate trampoline moves are so fantastic, they're almost an attraction in themselves. Each cast of what Denise and Thomas call the "Pixar Pals" is decked out in costumes themed to the movies and characters they represent.
But the prime performers will be Guests like you, who are invited to dance, sing, shout, jump and play with whatever fun this amazing group of mirth makers can come up with: jump ropes, beachballs, you name it. And with some of the all-time most popular party hits of the last several decades as a soundtrack, it will be hard to resist joining in the festivities.
The streets are alive
"The whole street literally comes alive all around you," said Thomas. "One of the things I love most about it is that it lends itself to multiple viewings. You might see what the performers do in the 'Toy Story' unit one time, and if you come back you might see it all happen with 'A Bug's Life' characters. There is so much going on, that every time you see it you'll see something new."
"It's difficult to compare it to anything we've done before," Denise added. "It's just such a high energy experience. And it was such a huge hit at Disney's California Adventure® Park. Our Florida Disney Cast Members who have already enjoyed it in California have become huge fans, so they're ecstatic that it's coming to our Resort. It's going to make quite an impact on Disney's Hollywood Studios."

Figment!
01-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Times and Dates can be found in the Current Events (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/events.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for its March 14, 2008 debut and beyond.

wedway fan
01-04-2008, 05:26 PM
this sounds awesome! i've always been one to use parade time as a time to hit the attractions, but definitely will need to make time for this.

Melanie
01-04-2008, 06:18 PM
It's a super fun "bash"! :sulley:

Stars and Motors Cars had run it's course, in my opinion.

ThePlanner
01-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I love this parade! Our family has seen it many times at Disney California. [so sad to see it leave :( ]

I love the guest interaction and the music and the dancing! It's great to see all the character really get out there and show their dance moves. [Seeing the monsters from Monster Inc dance is hilarious! They're good! Once Woody was jumping up and down and dancing so hard that he lost his sheriff badge. One of the dancers found it and returned it to him later.] It's so high energy, it was our very favorite parade.

The best part is when they ask for participation and your little ones can be part of the parade! My kids LOVE it! So do I!! You will too!!! :mickey:

MegaDisney
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Gonna miss this at DCA.

The Disney Hollywood Studios is in for a well....BASH!!!!

HINT: The floats launch Nerf balls near the end of the show stop, so knock down a few people and collect the whole set! (Just Kidding BTW don't knock people down, unless you HAVE to!)

CaptSmee
01-04-2008, 11:36 PM
The parade will be in the afternoon each day, the times here posted here on info central. It is replace the Hollywood Stars & Motorcar parade. It is currently running at California Adventure out west, so you can find lots of video footage on youtube or googlevideo to see what you can look forward to! Looks like a fun parade!:party:

joanna71985
01-04-2008, 11:44 PM
I can't wait to see the BPB. Although, I am going to miss the DSMC parade.:(

ogbpb07
01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
hey guys i am a part of the block party cast from dca..... bug male 8 to be exact..... it was a sad day on our last day of the parade but i am fortunate enough to be coming to florida to b a part of the party there as well..... i hope we are welcomed with open arms.... im sure the parade will do well and touch as many ppl as we did here n cali.....well my names kyle so if any of u see me or are part of the fl cast/family dont b shy HIT ME UP!!!!!

Gator
01-10-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm gonna disagree with just about everyone here and say it's lousy. I've seen it at DCA. I guess it's good to get little kids involved with dancing around and stuff, but I personally think the S&MC parade is Waaaayyyyy better. It actually captures the Hollywood spirit more than the BPB. I'll be sad to see it go. I only hope they'll still have it for the Holly-Day Parade during Christmas.