PDA

View Full Version : Question about pools at moderates

tanyab02
01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
DH and I are in the process of planning a 7 day land/sea package for us and ds 6. Are the pools at all of the moderates heated. Our trip would be in Dec 2008, so that would be the deciding factor in choosing hotel. Thanks in advance.

CandleontheWater
01-03-2008, 07:57 PM
The pools at all the Disney hotels are heated, so you should have no problems. I still think they can get kinda chilly, but I've seen people in the pools when it is 40 degrees outside- brrrr!

Figaro
01-03-2008, 08:10 PM
The pools are all heated to between 80-83 degrees F. The water is nice, it's just getting out of the water when it gets cold that does it. People do still swim when it's 40-50 degrees. (People were in the WL pool today when it was in the mid 40s.)

TexasPrincessAurora
01-03-2008, 08:45 PM
The pools at the mods are heated. We stayed at POR last January and they were heated. If you ever happen to get in one and it doesn't feel heated or not heated enough, call the front desk. They can check on it for you and take care of that.

wedway76
01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
We often go down Thanksgiving week, and it is often chilly, especially at night. On our first late November trip ever, we were returning form one of the parks on our first night and my DS who was probably about 7 at the time asked if he could go swimming. I gave him the standard answer “Waddaya Crazy?!” (Actually I was probably a little more diplomatic). The air temperature was in the 50s. When we got back to the hotel we found that he wasn’t the only crazy person. The pool was packed! The lifeguards were wearing sweats, gloves and hats. What’s a Dad supposed to do? I let my DS go in the pool. I sat in a chair with my coat on and his dry towel over my head like a hood and let him go in with everyone else.

So to make a long story short… Yes the pools are heated and are comfortable regardless of the air temperature.

When you get out of the water… that’s another story.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
:mickey: We stayed at Coronado Springs Dec. 2005 and my son insisted on swimming. He got in a small pool near one of the laundry facilities that was not heated until some nice person came along and told us that the main pool (the themed pool was heated)...so I think the answer is they offer heated pools but not all pools at the resort are heated.

PeterPan
01-04-2008, 09:22 PM
If you find a pool that is not heated, it is a mistake or broken. ALL Disney pools on property are heated.

tanyab02
01-04-2008, 09:39 PM
:mickey:Thank you all very much for your help!

EmmMOM2
01-05-2008, 06:32 PM
they are heated, however not always feeling like it. We could always tell the kiddie pools were heated, probably because they were so small. With the big pools i found it to be chilly at times.

browneyedgirl12
01-06-2008, 12:07 AM
As said before all pools are heated although it doesn't feel like is sometimes. At POR they had a hot tub too so if the pool isn't warm enough try out the hot tub. :thumbsup:

Disney Lynn
01-06-2008, 08:27 AM
For the OP- you didn't mention your location, but if you're from Wisconsin, Maine or Canada (or similar areas) plan on swimming in December at WDW. However, I'm from NJ, where a heated pool is definiely warm (not the "refreshing" temp of a FL pool). I've rarely been able to get into the cool water of a WDW pool in the winter months. And I even found the POFQ pool to be too cold last May! When I questioned the Lifeguards about the temps, they were quick to use the "refreshing" term rather than use the term "heated" LOL!

The warmest (least cool) moderate pool (IMHO) is the main pool at the Coronado Springs- maybe because it gets more sun than the others? And all the moderates do have a hot tub, but none of the Value resorts have hot tubs.