PDA

View Full Version : A New National Treasure Ride Would Be Cool

JPooh
01-03-2008, 03:06 PM
After seeing National Treasures this weekend I am convince a National Treasure ride would be awesome. Something to compete with the Mummy Ride at Universal. What do you think

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Sounds interesting. What do you (and others) suggest, and where would you put it?
Could be an interesting discussion.
I would suggest that such a ride would fit with the theming of Hollywood Studios (forever MGM in my mind), but where? I would hate to lose the Backlot Tour just to make room for a second coaster.
AK desperately needs a few additional attractions, but the theming wouldn't mesh.

TKDONALD
01-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I Ink That Would Be A Great Idea For A Ride. But It Shouldnt Be A Coaster. I Think It Should Be More Like Indy In Dl. To Have The Car Go Through Different Scenes Of The Movie.

I Just Dont See What You Can Do With A Coaster In That Ride.

Mackflava99
01-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I really think it could be in Frontier land ( not sure where, but somewhere )
You already have the Presidents there-
and the historic buildings-
And it doesn't have to be a coaster, it could be
something like the haunted mansion is set up- an interactive, moving ride with some turns but more scenic interaction than mobile thrills.
Searching for ancient artifacts could be a fun ride.
or possibly something like the great movie ride with cast member interaction- that could also be great-
My thoughts are that this type of ride would appeal to all ages, but especially adults because they relate more to history, but it also could be a learning experience too.

SBETigg
01-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't think it's a big or successful enough movie franchaise to warrant an attraction. I would rather see the Indy ride from DL come to the parks.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Focus on the American history aspect of it and put in the American Adventure portion of Epcot.
Use interactive screens (they seem to be popular again) and have riders figure out clues based on knowledge of American history. If wrong you end up in "dead ends". Answer all correct and work your way towards the ultimate treasure...a fastpass to a ride of your choice.

gerald72
01-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I think the National Treasure ride would work best in Liberty Square.
And not a rollercoaster, but a ride more like Haunted Mansion or IASW.

KAJUNKING
01-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Focus on the American history aspect of it and put in the American Adventure portion of Epcot.
Use interactive screens (they seem to be popular again) and have riders figure out clues based on knowledge of American history. If wrong you end up in "dead ends". Answer all correct and work your way towards the ultimate treasure...a fastpass to a ride of your choice.

love that idea, it would work in epcot in america, or in mk in liberty square

LONESTAR
01-03-2008, 08:31 PM
I dont know if there would be room at liberty square but I bet they could fit it at Epcot in America. Epcot needs another E-ticket to pull some people off soarin. They would need a ride car that is a cross between TOT so you could free fall when searching for treasure, and Dinosaur so it could bounce you around on your adventure. I thank that the movie would have enough appeal, most people that go to WDW see disney movies, and wasn't part of the reason for Walt building theme parks to promote his movies. I thought this would be a great idea after the first movie.

Zippy_D_DooDah
01-03-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't think it's a big or successful enough movie franchaise to warrant an attraction. I would rather see the Indy ride from DL come to the parks.

I really enjoyed the movie (both movies actually) and I think a ride would be cool. I agree with the post above mine. Maybe something that could speed up and slow down like Dinosaur. Don't think there is enough room in MK, but maybe there is some space in Epcot behind the American Adventure and a ride could be connected to the main building.

Let's expand on this "blue sky" dream. Let's say they do bring in Indy from DL and put it at Hollywood Studios. As much as I love those movies, and the stunt show, it would be nice to get something else fresh, exciting, and new in that space. I would love to see a Pirate's stunt show complete with ships in water, cannon fire, a Tortuga background on one side, Port Royal on the other... the works. I know, I'm dreaming.

#1donaldfan
01-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Any ride, just anything to take the "heat" off of Soarin'........another thrill ride is what EC needs, there are only a few, and with so much room there is room to expand.....just my thoughts... :confused:

GrumpyFan
01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
I like the idea of doing something in Liberty Square, as well as some type of adventure ride. I think this story line would lend well to making use of the same technology used for Dinosaur and Indiana Jones (at DL), maybe at Epcot or Hollywod Studios.

However, another thought came to mind involving an interactive "treasure hunt". Various rumors have reported/speculated for a while now that Imagineering is toying with an interactive Kim Possible adventure in Epcot involving PDA type electronic devices. From what I've seen, they will supposedly have kiosks placed in various places throughout World Showcase that the adventurer would use to interact with and uncover clues to solve a crime/adventure. What if they were to use the same infrastructure and type of equipment to create some kind of National Treasure mystery/adventure treasure hunt inside Epcot/World Showcase? This way they could have two adventures, one geared toward kids, and another geared more toward adults. I believe the KP adventure involves using the upstairs part of the Imagination pavillion for the staging, so the staging for the NT adventure could possibly begin/end at the American Adventure. Clues could be both electronic, as well as placed in physical locations throughout World Showcase.