PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over

Figgyluv03
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
So, DBf and I broke up on good terms and are still the best of friends. I've liked this other guy for a few years, but never took it past flirting. I've never been a cheater, nor will I ever be a cheater. We have a big banquet coming up for our fire department, and I would really like to ask this other guy to go. I know exDBf won't mind since he will probably bring someone else too, but it's been so long that I asked out a guy that I don't know what to do or say. And to invite him to such a big event when we've only hung for a few minutes on during holiday events in town just seems a little much at first. So, I'm thinking, do I ask him out for a :beer: or a movie first and then ask him to the banquet? It's just so hard to start over when you've been use to the same thing for a really long time.

SBETigg
01-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I think you could go either way- jump right in to the big event, or do something less involved first. Maybe coffee or lunch vs dinner and a movie? Less involved and it gives you the chance to talk? But I don't think it would be inappropriate to go for it and just ask him to the event. Whatever makes you most comfortable. It is hard to start over, and best wishes with it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-03-2008, 01:50 PM
I had a somewhat similar situation a couple of years ago.

I had just started seeing a great guy (turns out we got married a couple of years later), but didn't feel ready to take him to a big party that my cousin was having, but I didn't want to go alone either.

I took a friend to the party instead, someone who I knew well, knew that he would clean-up well and be great company, and left the dating to another time. That way, I didn't have to worry about putting pressure on the new guy, and I still had a good time.

Just a thought, depending on how close the banquet it.

Figgyluv03
01-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the help!! He's actually been on night work lately, so he's going into work while I"m on my way home. :( I'm hoping he gets a day off, when I have off so we can plan something. I love the lunch and coffee thing! That's a great idea!

Thanks again, and keep you fingers crossed for me.

pink
01-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I second the coffee and lunch idea, it will be a great oppurtunity to really get to know each other before you decided to take him to your banquet or not. Good luck! :mickey: