PDA

View Full Version : What to do at WDW when its this cold?

Polynesian Dweller
01-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Sitting here in -30C (-22F) we were wondering what does one do at WDW when its as cold as it is down there today? Perhaps, some of those there now could let us know. Can you do the rides, do they close anything due to cold etc.?

Darbylew
01-03-2008, 11:46 AM
We have been there when it has been very
cold. We put on our warn clothes, coats, hats,
gloves and head for the parks........When it is
cold at WDW it is COLD. :freeze:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
APRIL.
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP NOVEMBER 2007 :mickey:
NEXT TRIP APRIL 2008 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN

goofy for pluto
01-03-2008, 12:03 PM
We have been to Magic Kingdom when it was very cold and raining. I had long johns on under my blue jeans, a long sleeve T-shirt and fleece jacket under a rain coat. We had a great time. The best part was that all of the rides were walk-on. :mickey:

BeccaO
01-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I bet nobody does splash mtn!!!!! ;)

ChipDale2708
01-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Buy another sweatshirt and carry on! We were there two years ago in February and would have paid anything to have had our winter coats that were in our car at the airport back home. But we had gloves, jackets and with the assistance of Disney's many shops, we bought more sweatshirts and had a great time! :thumbsup: So much for the tan though... :(

murphy1
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Jan and Feb are very cold in FL, you always see the weather people talk about the freeze warnings for the citrus and strawberry growers. You just don a jacket and realize when everyone else is in 4 feet of snow, it's warm soon! I don't know why people think it doesn't get freezing cold in FL, and it is a damp cold that just goes right through you.

IloveDisney71
01-03-2008, 01:33 PM
I was at WDW in February a couple of years ago and it got REALLY cold one day. We had coats but weren't prepared for it to get that cold, so luckily we found a shop that sold gloves and then we just kept going. It was still FUN! Just be prepared for any type of weather. When we were there a few weeks ago we experienced day-time temp.s from the low 70's to the mid-50's! :mickey:

kakn7294
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
We were surprised by the cold last December - we figured being from Pittsburgh we would be used to it as it does get much colder here than it does in Florida. However, it's that damp cold in Florida that makes it worse - 50º and damp feels like 35º - 40º here at home and we were outside much more at WDW than at home. At least we were (mostly) prepared - the kids did get new jackets!