PDA

View Full Version : Opening time at California Grill?

anneb
01-03-2008, 11:02 AM
How early does the California Grill open for dinner? I want to make it to the MK for Spectromagic at 7:00, and am afraid that if the CG opens at 5:30 I wouldn't have enough time.

mjaclyn
01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
I have the same problem...we have reservations for California Grill at 5:30pm and I was hoping to make Spectomagic at 7:00pm. I called CG and they confirmed that their earliest dinner time is 5:30pm so we couldn't make our reservation any earlier. :( I LOVE CG but I seriously doubt we'll make it out of there in time for Spectromagic, especially with two children. If you don't have children with you, it might work if you tell your server that you'd like to be out of there in time for Spectromagic.

Figment!
01-03-2008, 11:30 AM
From Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp)
California Grill
Meals: Dinner
Hours: 5:30pm – Midnight
(Only cocktail service after 10pm)
Type: Sit-Down Service
Price Range: Most Items $9 - $35
Advanced Dining Reservations: Yes
Cuisine: American Bistro
Description: California cuisine, extensive wines and an on-stage kitchen make this restaurant a-top-the Contemporary a Walt Disney World icon.

anneb
01-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks. I remembered having 5:30 reservations before, so I was afraid that was the earliest. I tried to find this on Intercot's info sites, but must have looked in the wrong places - I found the menus, but not the opening time.

KAT1811
01-04-2008, 10:59 PM
If you want to make both the dinner and Spectromagic I would know what you want to order prior to your arrival and order right when ther server first greets your table. Let him/her know that you are in a rush. (don't order anything with a long cooking time) That way you should be able to eat in an hour and be back over to the MK for Spectromagic. I'd also walk to the MK rather than take the monerail. You'll get there much quicker.

Kairi_7378
01-05-2008, 10:54 AM
If you want to make both the dinner and Spectromagic I would know what you want to order prior to your arrival and order right when ther server first greets your table. Let him/her know that you are in a rush. (don't order anything with a long cooking time) That way you should be able to eat in an hour and be back over to the MK for Spectromagic. I'd also walk to the MK rather than take the monerail. You'll get there much quicker.

I think that even if you do this, you will still be cutting it a little bit tight. Sometimes the restaurants open a tad bit late for the 5:30 ADR. If dinner takes an hour, you will only have 30 minutes to get off the 15th floor, walk to the MK, get through the gate, and find a good spot for Spectro. That is a lot of running to do with a tummy full of yummy CA Grill food! If I was paying that much for a meal, I would not want to be eating it on a tight schedule, IMHO. Plus, the menu changes and there might be something special that requires some extra cooking time that you may want to try!