mouselover93
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
im sick of this. now we are staying at port orleans anything is helpful

mouselover93
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
oh by the way its french quarter

SBETigg
01-02-2008, 07:48 PM
POFQ is a very popular moderate choice here, appreciated for its small size, reportedly good bus service, boat ride to Downtown Disney, and charming atmosphere. The pool area is dragon-themed, more especially appealing to little ones but there is a hot tub, too. I haven't stayed there but everyone always raves about the beignets. Enjoy!

krorx
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
POFQ is a lovely resort, small in size. You will find walking to the food court, pool, bus stop, is not a problem. We have stayed there several times and loved it. The theming is quite pretty. I would definitely stay there again. We also enjoyed the boat ride to Pleasure Island. Enjoy!

Mikey Piano 23
01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I liked it a lot. Much better than Pop!

One tip that I found was to hit the food court either early or later during the service for any meals.

Also later at night the pools are empty and the hot tub is a good place to relax with significant other.

ENJOY!

ibrowse17
01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
We stayed there two weeks ago for the first time, and loved it!! Great theme and a wonderful resort. It was nice to walk down the "streets" to get to the pool or food court. I think you will have a great time there:thumbsup:

EmmMOM2
01-03-2008, 08:55 AM
We are staying Port Orleans in December 2008 too!!:party:

I have been their once before (riverside) i had a great time. The food court was very spacious and the boat ride to DTD was incredible and a nice break from the buses.
They have little fish food machines setup along the dock so you can feed fish which the little ones always enjoy and you can rent these cool paddle boats or 4 person bicycle contraptions (not sure what they're called) It was a beautiful realxing resort, not to loud and peaceful.

See you their in 08!!!

#1donaldfan
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
That's crazy...we too are going Dec '08....the week of Christmas through new years and staying at POR AB......about the FQ side, uummmmm....you have a very nice main pool and just to the river side, you can catch a boat to DtD to do some shopping. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. You can walk over to the riverside resort and use our signature Boatwrights restaurant for the best breakfast at ANY Disney eatery....you can rent boats, bikes, take a carriage ride.....there are many other things too, that are just not coming to mind.......have fun !!!! :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
01-03-2008, 10:44 AM
We'll be back there in Dec. 2008 also! Just love this resort. Boatwright's for breakfast, taking a carriage ride around the resort (worth the money), the food courts are both good, you can use the pools at both POR & POFQ, cane pole fishing at POR, the boat ride to DTD and the beautiful grounds. I think you enjoy your stay at Port Orleans.