PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming

jwildflower1981
01-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Hello fellow Intercotees! I have been thinking (ok obsessing) about the new DDP. My DH and I love having the apps, but we really could do without the desserts. I have been wondering if the '08 DDP was worth the $$$ for us. We already have to come out of pocket for tip, so I was thinking about buying a Disney Gift Card, putting the $40 per person, per day on the GC,(you can also put tip on the GC) and not getting the dining plan at all. We really don't eat all the counter service anyway. In December when we checked out we had 6 cs meals and 3 snacks left. I love having all the meals prepaid, and not having to worry about bringing any cash into the parks. My DH wants to keep things the way we've always done, but I think he's just afarid if change...lol...
What do my Intercot friends think of my idea? Should I just do the new DDP or skip it all together?
Thanks for advice in advance!!!!

Strmchsr
01-02-2008, 07:01 PM
We're definitely skipping the DDP next trip. It's just easier now to do it OOP. It's really not all that different. You just charge to your room instead of a DDP credit. You still only have to carry your room card, not cash. That will allow you to eat what you want and not feel like you're wasting money if you don't eat the snacks or CS meals.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-04-2008, 12:43 PM
:) There is a site on Intercot (maybe under info central) that has a plan estimator that tells you if the DDP is worth it to you or not....you put the types of meals you plan to eat and how much they would be OOP based on what you would order....try it out....however, just based on what you said if you plan on getting appetizers and don't do dessert, it probably won't be a good deal for you.

Strmchsr
01-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Ya know, I need to check with John and see if the DDP estimator spreadsheet has been updated for the 2008 dining plan. Last I checked it was still for the old plan.