PDA

View Full Version : Best Way From Saratoga To Polynesian ?

ramftbl
01-02-2008, 06:05 PM
We'll be dining at Ohana (the Polynesian)for dinner but we are staying at Saratoga. What would be the best way to get there ? We'd like to utilize the Monorail if possible. Also, could we take the Monorail to either Magic Kingdom or Epcot after dinner to end our night ? How are the end of night activities at Epcot ? Thank You all !!!

Polynesian Dweller
01-02-2008, 06:26 PM
To get to the Polynesian from Saratoga your choices are either a cab or a bus. If you want to go to the Polynesian first then your best bet, by bus, is to take a bus to Downtown Disney (DTD) and then transfer to the Polynesian bus. There is no direct service between any of the resorts, just between the resorts, the theme parks, water parks and DTD.

You can use the monorail to go MK or Epcot after supper. If going to Epcot walk to the TTC (about 7 minutes) and take the monorail from their. Then its home to SS directly by bus. There is direct bus service between the theme parks and the hotels.

By the way, you will get a transportation pamphlet when you check in and you can work out all the best ways to get around.

SBETigg
01-02-2008, 06:34 PM
You could bus to the MK and then take the boat launch or monorail around to the Polynesian. Just give yourself plenty of time, about an hour door to door to be safe. If you haven't been to the Polynesian, the monorail from the MK will drop you off at the upper level of the Great Ceremonial House almost directly across from the restaurant on the same level.

After dinner, depending on time, you can return to the MK or walk to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot (faster than the monorail to monorail transfer, but both are doable.) Illuminations, the end-of-night celebration at Epcot, is amazing. You'll want time to get a place around the World Showcase lagoon to watch.

mulderxcoltrane
01-02-2008, 07:56 PM
If you decide to take a cab - be careful.
Everyone suggests them and we were forced to take one to make an ADR from ASSports to the Polynesian and our bill (before tip) was $20.

Carol
01-03-2008, 07:45 AM
We just walk over to Marketplace from Saratoga Springs and hop a bus to the Polynesian from there.

diz_girl
01-03-2008, 10:58 AM
If you want to take the monorail, then take a bus to EPCOT and then ride the monorail from EPCOT to the TTC. You can either walk to the Poly from there or take another monorail. The walk would most likely be quicker, but you can ride the monorail to the MK or EPCOT after dinner.

You sound like you haven't seen IllumiNations at EPCOT. If you haven't, then I just have one word for you. Go! It's one of the best fireworks displays that I've ever seen.

One of the other best fireworks displays is the one at MK after the Pirate & Princess Party. They are fantastic and are great when viewed from the beach at the Poly.

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I'd take the bus to the MK and then hop the monerail to the Poly. That will give you a little ride (ask the CM at the monerail station if you can sit in the very front of the monerail. What a great experience and view1!)

After dinner I agree with diz_girl I'd hop back on the monerail to Epcot and watch Illuminations there!!!